On my Z10, I find that selecting text is just horrible, sometimes it jumps around the screen, sometimes it doesn't actually detect my finger (maybe because it's too small) and it's not smooth enough. I think this is a major thing that has to be fixed since it was a breeze with the Legacy Berries, more specifically my 9900 and every of the other 7 BlackBerries I had previously. Please BlackBerry, if you are reading this, do something about it, and, if someone who can contact BlackBerry and could bring this issue to light, please do so!

Thanks!

Please, someone, tell me I'm not alone having difficulty with the text selection.
    03-20-13 10:48 AM
    No you're not alone in this. One thing I really miss badly from iOS is the smooth text selection experience. I wish BB could catch up soon.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 11:08 AM
    No you're not alone in this. One thing I really miss badly from iOS is the smooth text selection experience. I wish BB could catch up soon.

Posted via CB10
    iOS text selection is a breeze, comon please. I can't select very well from my new ipad very well, let alone iphone. All the time had to zoom in much till it started to understand me selection

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 12:12 PM
    Please try long press on any text and you should either select the specific word or the entire text which can be decreased or increased to the desired text to be copied. Once selected, tab once on the selected/highlighted text to get the side menu and easily choose copy icon. It's easy and you just gotta try it a little more to get used to it and I'm not saying that it cannot be improved with next updates either.

Here is a screen capture of selecting a word and copying:

Text Selection Is Horrible-img_00000523.png

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 12:21 PM
    I wouldn't say text selection is terrible. Text selection is an art with BlackBerry OS 10 which causes users to struggle with this feature. The BlackBerry PlayBook text selection anchors are much easier to grab compared to those of the BlackBerry Z10.
    03-20-13 12:42 PM
    I thought it was horrible at first because every time the bubble comes up and i try to guide it to the exact spot, it gets covered by my index finger so it defeats the purpose since I cannot really see where I'm placing it. But today I found out that after you make the bubble appear, you don't have to place your finger in the middle. Simply point your finger at the bottom of the bubble, somewhere on the edge, that way you can guide it wherever you want while still being able to see. You actually don't have to tap on the word you're trying to change. Just tap anywhere on the screen and when it appears guide to the right spot.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 12:54 PM
    Text selection is fairly straight forward as above, but the 'bubble' to move your cursor around to correct things is terrible. If you have thin fingers.. then I thought it was my fat fingers.. so therefore I think its just naff and needs fixing
    03-20-13 01:11 PM
    this issue has definitely been improved since the last update. one issue I would like to be addressed is that the selection bubble gets covered under the keyboard in the input line
    03-20-13 01:11 PM
    Once you get use to it, you'll love it.

Tap and hold for 1 second = one word
    Tap and hold for 2 seconds = one sentence
    Tap and hold for 3 seconds = one paragraph.

Hope that helps.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 01:21 PM
    Text selection is not horrible, but there is a learning curve. With practice, I find the text anchors easier and more accurate than using the trackball on my previous device.

My only complaint about the bubble is that it disappears from the screen too fast not giving me enough time to figure out where to move it.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Z10
    03-20-13 02:01 PM

Posted via CB10
    I agree and even on my Lumia 920 its a lot easier

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 02:36 PM
    Please try long press on any text and you should either select the specific word or the entire text which can be decreased or increased to the desired text to be copied. Once selected, tab once on the selected/highlighted text to get the side menu and easily choose copy icon. It's easy and you just gotta try it a little more to get used to it and I'm not saying that it cannot be improved with next updates either.

Here is a screen capture of selecting a word and copying:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000523.png 
Views:	635 
Size:	206.6 KB 
ID:	142535

Posted via CB10
    I know that, it's just sometimes, when you try dragging the pointer it moves up 5 lines and doesn't follow your finger.

Once you get use to it, you'll love it.

Tap and hold for 1 second = one word
    Tap and hold for 2 seconds = one sentence
    Tap and hold for 3 seconds = one paragraph.

Hope that helps.

Posted via CB10
    That works, but only on text that is set in "stone", try doing this in a text message, it won't work and in a BBM, it will copy the entire message. Your method will work in emails or maybe on websites too. Same applies to that bubble, you have to drag it from the bottom, but why not make things smoother and much easier. My android buddy said why don't you just double tap for sentence and triple tap for paragraph, I tried and it didn't work.

This has to be fixed. It's like it's bipolar, Sometimes it's fine, other times, it's just flying all over the place.
    sala7 likes this.
    03-20-13 08:20 PM
    Could be improved further, but I am getting the hang of it. : )

Posted via CB10 via my awesome Z10
    03-20-13 08:31 PM
    I know that, it's just sometimes, when you try dragging the pointer it moves up 5 lines and doesn't follow your finger.

That works, but only on text that is set in "stone", try doing this in a text message, it won't work and in a BBM, it will copy the entire message. Your method will work in emails or maybe on websites too. Same applies to that bubble, you have to drag it from the bottom, but why not make things smoother and much easier. My android buddy said why don't you just double tap for sentence and triple tap for paragraph, I tried and it didn't work.

This has to be fixed. It's like it's bipolar, Sometimes it's fine, other times, it's just flying all over the place.
    You are right though in regards for BBM! It selects the whole message which many times defeats the purpose of selecting, copy and paste. I have complained about this and I hope many of will too so the next update BBM selection will get fixed!

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 08:35 PM
    regarding the bubble: when you see it pop up tap on either side (of the bubble edge) to move left, or right one letter. tap the top, or bottom edge to move up, or down one line.
    03-20-13 09:22 PM
    A thread that will help also with that bubble cursor for those that really miss that track pad.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=789519

Posted via CB10 from my Awesome Z10
    03-30-13 03:46 PM