On the Z10, when I go into my Text Messaging, and type a name in, it gives me the option to also send to that persons EM address, should I wish to.

However, if I do this, the Z tells me it's 'Entering MMS Mode'.

Is this because it's out of field (ie: I'm asking it to perform an EM messaging service that out of the text messaging icon I'm in), and will it charge me MMS rates, which I usually on get when sending a picture message by text?

Cheers.
    05-22-13 09:10 AM
    On the Z10, when I go into my Text Messaging, and type a name in, it gives me the option to also send to that persons EM address, should I wish to.

However, if I do this, the Z tells me it's 'Entering MMS Mode'.

Is this because it's out of field (ie: I'm asking it to perform an EM messaging service that out of the text messaging icon I'm in), and will it charge me MMS rates, which I usually on get when sending a picture message by text?

Cheers.
    It most likely will as it does change to MMS mode. I recommend using compose email to be on the safe side, if that's what you want to send anyway.
    Stwutter likes this.
    05-22-13 09:20 AM
    It most likely will as it does change to MMS mode. I recommend using compose email to be on the safe side, if that's what you want to send anyway.
    Thanks. I guessed that would be the case.
    05-22-13 09:22 AM
    In my opinion MMS is totally useless anymore, a good way to get charged without knowing about it, like picture and video messaging.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 09:43 AM
    In my opinion MMS is totally useless anymore, a good way to get charged without knowing about it, like picture and video messaging.

Posted via CB10
    Well, it does cost, but I'm fully aware of what a picture/vid/MMS cost to send when I send it. That's kind of up to the sender.
    05-22-13 09:51 AM
    Well, it does cost, but I'm fully aware of what a picture/vid/MMS cost to send when I send it. That's kind of up to the sender.
    Not so for some quickly trying to pass something on and they send it MMS by mistake. Like my wife for example. Some people barely have a clue that they can email or messenger stuff for free instead.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 10:27 AM
    Not so for some quickly trying to pass something on and they send it MMS by mistake. Like my wife for example. Some people barely have a clue that they can email or messenger stuff for free instead.

Posted via CB10
    Fair enough, but I've had the Z10 for 4 months, and have always sent texts from the text icon, and EM's from my EM. I did query the above as I noticed it came up, but only when I was playing around with it a bit, and I'm sure most people do it the 'normal' way.
    05-22-13 10:33 AM
    My Q10 is having issues with sms/mms mode. For random contacts in my list when I go to send an sms it will say "entering mms" and there will be the same name twice in the 'to' field. I tried hub settings>text messages>mms advanced>send text only as sms but the issue keeps happening.
    please help, its getting very annoying!
    06-06-13 10:22 PM
    My Q10 is having issues with sms/mms mode. For random contacts in my list when I go to send an sms it will say "entering mms" and there will be the same name twice in the 'to' field. I tried hub settings>text messages>mms advanced>send text only as sms but the issue keeps happening.
    please help, its getting very annoying!
    The only way I found to fix this deleting the conversation.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 10:42 PM