Hey guys, I've looked around the forums to see if anyone else has had this kind of problem, but as far as I can tell, no one else has.

Sometimes when I get I new text message, its almost like the phone locks it up. It loads maybe the first two thirds of the conversation, but I can't see the new message. When I go to reply, the keyboard will pop up and I can type, but the message box won't pop up, so I can't see what I'm typing. I also can't send any messages. Also, when I go to switch to another text conversation, it goes back to the buggy conversation.
    If I leave it for a minute, the phone will load the conversation and act normally. However, sometimes I have to either start a new conversation, or delete the old one, in order for it to work.

This was happening on 10.1, I hoped once I updated to 10.2 it would fix it, but it hasn't.

If I restart the Hub to try and fix it, it doesn't do anything. Restarting the phone or doing a battery pull will fix it, but I'd rather not do that every time it happens. Gives me bad memories, lol.

Any ideas on what's happening? It's an STL-003, running 10.2.0.1719.

Posted via my sexy white Z10 using CB 10
    Colourfulcobra likes this.
    11-05-13 10:22 AM
    Hey guys, I've looked around the forums to see if anyone else has had this kind of problem, but as far as I can tell, no one else has.

Sometimes when I get I new text message, its almost like the phone locks it up. It loads maybe the first two thirds of the conversation, but I can't see the new message. When I go to reply, the keyboard will pop up and I can type, but the message box won't pop up, so I can't see what I'm typing. I also can't send any messages. Also, when I go to switch to another text conversation, it goes back to the buggy conversation.
    If I leave it for a minute, the phone will load the conversation and act normally. However, sometimes I have to either start a new conversation, or delete the old one, in order for it to work.

This was happening on 10.1, I hoped once I updated to 10.2 it would fix it, but it hasn't.

If I restart the Hub to try and fix it, it doesn't do anything. Restarting the phone or doing a battery pull will fix it, but I'd rather not do that every time it happens. Gives me bad memories, lol.

Any ideas on what's happening? It's an STL-003, running 10.2.0.1719.

Have you done a clean install without doing any type of restore?
    11-05-13 10:28 AM
    I had this same issue after I updated to 10.2. Only thing I could suggest is to delete the text conversations that are taking long to load. The device has an issue with compiling long text histories.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10.
    11-05-13 10:35 AM
    I've had my Z10 since February and haven't had this happen once.
    11-05-13 10:47 AM
    11-05-13 10:53 AM
    I have had this problem as well. What I have noticed is that the longer the Text thread becomes the more it works to process the messages. The combination of MMS and SMS messages seems to cause issues in really long threads. I delete text threads after a while to avoid this. Another thing that caused this for me was I had originally had saved messages from BBOS7 that remain part of the text thread and could not be deleted once migrated to BB10. I eventually did a clean install without restoring any legacy data. This resolved the issue. Sucks as you can't do a selective restore of just what you want to restore in BB LINK.

Try deleting all of the text threads individually from your phone. If you find a thread that won't delete, then something is either locked or corrupt(legacy data from a restore?) and you will need to restore your device without the data. Yes this sucks.

I ended up backing up my contacts with CONTACTX I think. Then reset my phone to a blank load. I have not had this problem since.
    11-05-13 10:57 AM
    I've never restored my device. Backed it up every so often. But I've never felt the need to restore it. Deleting the conversation that is bugging out will do the trick almost every time, but I'm kinda reluctant to do that every time it happens... it seems to happen at least once or twice a day.

Should just get all my friends to download BBM, that'll solve the problem. Lol.

11-05-13 11:00 AM
    I'll play around with it. The next time it happens, I'll delete the thread, and see how long it takes for it to happen again.

11-05-13 11:01 AM
    It's strange though because I only started getting this issue once I updated from the latest official 10.1 to the official 10.2. You'd think that this would not cause any problems. Weird.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10.
    11-05-13 12:52 PM
    I was having it before 10.2, and it carried over... I really hoped it would have fixed it, but nope

11-05-13 01:59 PM
    I have this problem. It's highly frustrating and annoying. BlackBerry needs a fix on this pronto.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 02:07 PM
    I he had something similar since 10.2.

I received a message recently but it didn't come through in full, as it did so I was already typing a reply...

As I went I delete what I'd typed the incoming message refreshed and my 'deleting' action began to delete the incoming message, character by character.

So I exited the message and went to the thread via the hub and the SMS app.

I had deleted, in full, the incoming message.

I have also experienced a few other glitches, they could be down to coverage but it's more processing type issues.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 02:53 PM
    Yep, I'm getting this too. It's happening more and more, I can feel my beautiful phone beginning to fail.
    Say it's not so...

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 04:28 PM
    I have a 5 month text history with one person I don't want to delete, and yes when a new text comes in...it's slow to load
    11-06-13 09:52 PM
    This fix does work, you won't have to erase any messages, etc
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=868154

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 06:24 AM
    Well, I deleted a few really long text messaging conversations, and it seemed to help. It hasn't happened in awhile, so hopefully that fixed it.

11-13-13 10:43 AM
    I have this same issue. Especially if the sms history for that particular contact is long, or if the message involves pictures.

I think this is why they limit the amount of the time that the hub will hold messages for.

Definitely some work needs to be done with this.

?10
    11-13-13 11:54 AM
    I just did that fix last night for another friend, that had this issue and it does make texts work flawlessly. Lets hope that the 10.2.1 has those bar files (or even better ones) included.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 05:03 PM