Hey guys,

I just wanted to reach out to the forum to see if there was presently an application or way for me to block texting landlines for example? Any numbers listed in my contacts under home/work.

Any thoughts? I constantly am sending messages by accident to the home/work numbers and getting charged a fee for a text to landline message by rogers... getting kinda annoying.

Let me know your thoughts, thanks!
    01-21-14 09:32 PM
    interesting how they actually charge you a fee for something that isn't even possible. sounds messed up.
    01-21-14 09:50 PM
    interesting how they actually charge you a fee for something that isn't even possible. sounds messed up.
    They charge me a fee for a robot reading out the message to a land line, terrible i know.
    01-21-14 09:52 PM
    Hey guys,

I just wanted to reach out to the forum to see if there was presently an application or way for me to block texting landlines for example? Any numbers listed in my contacts under home/work.

Any thoughts? I constantly am sending messages by accident to the home/work numbers and getting charged a fee for a text to landline message by rogers... getting kinda annoying.

While we look around for options for you to consider, you may want to get your personal email out of your signature

LP&HG
    01-21-14 10:05 PM
    Hey guys,

I'm not aware of any apps that would do what you are seeking to do. Have you tried maybe having a separate contact for each number, one being home and the second being mobile? In my package text to land is included but I'm not with Robbers.... I mean Rogers. Once upon a time your cell company would send you a confirmation text message saying that you had messaged a land line and that there would be an extra fee and you had to accept before the proceeded with the message. I guess they don't do that anymore.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 10:08 PM
    My landline phone can take text messages, it bleeps and you just read it like on a mobile, I think you are charged as it landline phone can't read text it stored it on a server for you to listen too were you get charged for it
    01-22-14 06:05 AM
    I know sprint offers text to landline service. I figure that something like this could be done via browser and the proxy would forward your message for a price.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 08:42 AM
    Make sure the contact's mobile number is listed as the mobile, this way when composing a text, when selecting the contact, it will bring up their phone options (mobile, home, work etc). Select mobile, hit send and you're good to go.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.1925 / Telstra
    extisis likes this.
    01-23-14 02:41 PM