Hey, love and hate this new Z10 for most of the reasons already posted in these forums.

Has anyone figured out how to send a text to a phone number not already in your contact list? This seemingly simple task took me the better part of 5min as I couldn't just add the number in....I had to save as a contact then add. Annoying!

Having the same problem with phone calls...no space to paste a new phone number.

Any solutions yet? Or wait and cross my fingers they'll include with the next (first) update?

Posted via CB10
    02-26-13 05:19 PM
    Uhhh...Go to the hub>Compose>Text Messages> write the phone number in the "To" area and click "Submit" > type away. Sorry, but that's how it works on all phones -.-

If someone called you, go to the phone app > click and hold the number > call details > text

Are you serious? Phone calls to new numbers are in the dialer. Open the phone app > dialer > type any number your heart desires. You hate the Z10 cause of stuff it does exactly the same as every smart phone? Buy a feature phone and save yourself the hassle.
    xdoomx likes this.
    02-26-13 05:50 PM
    Whooooaaa invalid user no need to hate, I've owned blackberries for the past 5yrs and have been their biggest advocate amongst everyone I know. Just have a couple gripes with the new z10 despite generally loving it and the new BlackBerry experience.

Thanks for the tip with the call details for people that have called you. I never knew the text option was hidden there. I still have issues pasting a number in the new test recipient field...tried numerous times and it only wanted to copy existing contact numbers. I know you can manually type it in.

Also can't paste numbers in the dialer...again I know you can manually enter, but just not paste. I think I read another post about this somewhere.

I think the biggest thing I miss with my 9810 is the BlackBerry button, seemed like everything I could ever want to do was in there and it's taking some time getting used to the new menu options and methods.

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    02-26-13 07:24 PM
    Uhhh...Go to the hub>Compose>Text Messages> write the phone number in the "To" area and click "Submit" > type away. Sorry, but that's how it works on all phones -.-
    lol what he said,
    02-26-13 08:20 PM
    Whooooaaa invalid user no need to hate, I've owned blackberries for the past 5yrs and have been their biggest advocate amongst everyone I know. Just have a couple gripes with the new z10 despite generally loving it and the new BlackBerry experience.
    Yeah, that was out of line. I apologize. It just gets so frustrating answering the typical rants on how crappy the Z10 is because the person didn't spend enough time learning how to direct message on twitter that I sometimes just quickly skim questions, and answer them in the same manner. Generally, I am more than happy to answer a question. I'm much less inclined to tell someone how to do something if their preface is "Z10 SUCKS because my carrier didn't give me the right data plan and I have no data!!"

Again, I apologize. You asked a question, and I should've answered it politely.
    Chad McBain and tjseaman like this.
    02-26-13 08:27 PM

Thanks for the tip with the call details for people that have called you. I never knew the text option was hidden there. I still have issues pasting a number in the new test recipient field...tried numerous times and it only wanted to copy existing contact numbers. I know you can manually type it in.

Also can't paste numbers in the dialer...again I know you can manually enter, but just not paste. I think I read another post about this somewhere.

I think the biggest thing I miss with my 9810 is the BlackBerry button, seemed like everything I could ever want to do was in there and it's taking some time getting used to the new menu options and methods.

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    paste phone numbers into the web browser and prefix it with "tel:" like this

tel:5558881234

its a work around for now

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    xdoomx likes this.
    02-27-13 03:16 AM
    Also can't paste numbers in the dialer...again I know you can manually enter, but just not paste.
    I wrote a little app to do it: Clipboard Dialer. It scans your clipboard for phone numbers and allows you to call or text them, add to contacts etc. Also works by selecting a paragraph or two in your browser or e-mail, tapping the text and sharing it with Clipboard Dialer.
    04-11-13 11:51 PM