Note you can use another phone to detect the infrared from the proximity detector. I have verified the detector is running during phone calls (i.e. I see it with the camera on my old Bold), but the result from the proximity detector isn't being used. That is, the screen isn't being turned off.
    07-14-13 01:16 AM
    Clarivue has one for the Z10!
    07-17-13 11:20 AM
    07-17-13 05:19 PM
    The problem we consumers face today is you can be a "business" just by selling stuff other people make. Thus there is no assurance Clairvue isn't the same as Mime Ghost glass.

A bit off topic but a classic example are those stupid "power bracelets." Some guys in Australia tracked down the manufacturer in China that makes all the "power bracelets" and got them to make a version called "placebo bracelet" since those things have no science behind them. But my point is anyone can find some ODM (original design manufacturer) and have a product made. Then you just package it. For a bit of glass with adhesive on it retailing for over $20, you can see the incentive to get in the business.

The Clairvue ad reads a lot like the Mime ad, such as the phraseology about the bubbles going away. (Some bubbles in the middle of my screen are gone, but the big bubble in the corner is still there. I'm reluctant to complain since the replacement could be crappier than what I have. I can usually get the top bubble out of the way for a while by pressing down on the area.]

Look at the Clairvue street address. It has other unrelated companies at the same location:
    Contact Us | Carccessory
    Contact us - StubbyAntenna.com

So do they make screen protectors, stubby antennas and car accessories, or do they just buy the stuff and put on a label. I think the later.

Mime doesn't make their glass. Read their website. They "design and package in the Empire State." [for those not in the US, the Empire state is New York.] They don't provide a street address so I can't do the obvious Google trick to see how many companies are in the same office.
    07-22-13 11:22 PM
    They don't provide a street address so I can't do the obvious Google trick to see how many companies are in the same office.
    MimeUSA

250 E 49th Street
    New York, NY 10017
    USA

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 12:46 AM
    Just ordered this thing. I hope when mine arrives, my opinion is positive...

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 06:15 PM
    Wow; and it already shipped. So far so good.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 07:03 PM
    Let us know what you think!

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 08:08 PM
    Let us know what you think!

Posted via CB10
    Sure thing!
    08-19-13 08:15 PM
    Just got mine & it was pretty simple to put on. I've got one air bubble where the peel off tab was. It looks great & the touchscreen is still as functional as before. Like others, I seem to be having an issue with the proximity sensor. As soon as I make a call & put the phone up to my ear, the screen turns off & stays off. I'd have to hit the power button twice to make it turn back on.

I ran the BlackBerry Virtual Expert's proximity test & the first part is to put your finger over the proximity sensor to indicate that it's "Near" but without doing anything; it's already indicating it. To make the proximity sensor detect "Far" I had to actually shine a light on to my phone.
    08-22-13 03:49 PM
    Just got mine & it was pretty simple to put on. I've got one air bubble where the peel off tab was. It looks great & the touchscreen is still as functional as before. Like others, I seem to be having an issue with the proximity sensor. As soon as I make a call & put the phone up to my ear, the screen turns off & stays off. I'd have to hit the power button twice to make it turn back on.

I ran the BlackBerry Virtual Expert's proximity test & the first part is to put your finger over the proximity sensor to indicate that it's "Near" but without doing anything; it's already indicating it. To make the proximity sensor detect "Far" I had to actually shine a light on to my phone.
    I found that app (Virtual Expert) and it seems to be an OK test, though it is kind of go/no-go. Go to this thread
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...tector-828209/
    and sideload the converted android app. It is a more linear tester of the proximity detector. You move your hand relative to the sensor and the plant goes from wilted to healthy.

My proximity detector doesn't work due to a software error (I presume). It works fine when tested with the Androx Sensor Box app. I don't think the Mime glass is the issue.

I still have a massive bubble using the Mime glass. The first one they sent was terrible. The second glass ( a free replacement) sucked a lot less. I still have a bubble in the active area of the LCD. I didn't bother asking for a 3rd glass since I have little confidence they will ship me one that isn't warped. But the glass does protect well. I already have a scratch in it. Better a scratch on the protector than on the LCD screen itself. And it is smooth. No operation issues. I just wish it didn't have that ginormous bubble. Given the lack of tempered glass competition, I guess it is worth buying.
    08-24-13 02:58 AM
    I upgraded my OS to 10.2.0.1371 & now the proximity sensor appears to work according to BlackBerry Virtual Expert. But now when on a call, it doesn't seem to go black.

I have a little, tiny air bubble at the corner where the pull tab was. I also have one friggin spec of dust close to the proximity & ambient light sensors. I cleaned the screen for like 5 minutes too.
    08-24-13 07:22 AM
    For those about to install a screen protector, dust is your worst enemy. However, I have divined a solution. Close yourself in a bathroom, turn the shower on full hot, wait for a good amount of steam to build up. Now install the screen protector. What happens is the water droplets bind with the floating dust and stick it to ceiling, walls and other large surfaces. Since the air is in active circulation, it does a good job of clearing the dust.

Posted via CB10
    tryfe likes this.
    08-24-13 08:08 AM
    For those about to install a screen protector, dust is your worst enemy. However, I have divined a solution. Close yourself in a bathroom, turn the shower on full hot, wait for a good amount of steam to build up. Now install the screen protector. What happens is the water droplets bind with the floating dust and stick it to ceiling, walls and other large surfaces. Since the air is in active circulation, it does a good job of clearing the dust.

Posted via CB10
    My supervisor suggested this yesterday as well. Now I know for the next time.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 12:51 PM
    I had cleaned my screen with a monitor wipe prior to the installation.

I don't think dust is my problem. I think the glass protector isn't flat.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 04:28 PM
    Okay, here is the definitive information on the MIME screen protector. With the screen protector installed, the proximity sensor passes the sensor test in Blackberry Virtual Expert, however, in real world usage, while making a phone call, it does not work properly. I tested it in actual use, with it up against my face, and I used the speaker call function and put my finger against the sensor and tried to push the mute button while doing so, I was able to enable and disable the mute, as well as the dial pad. When up against my ear I would hear key press sounds while making a call. I removed the screen protector and the sensor worked properly while on a call.

The magnet sleep function also did not work properly with the screen protector installed. I was not sure if this was the fault of the protector at first since I had not used my flip case since installing the MIMW protector. I had done an OS update since so I wanted to be sure that wasn't the issue. I tested it with and without the protector. With the protector the magnet sleep function did not work. Once I removed the protector, the sleep function worked properly.

The protector is very well made and mine went on perfectly with no bubbles. It give great protection and will work well for someone who doesn't care about the magnet sleeper function and uses a bluetooth device for most phone calls.

You can remove it if you do it carefully and slowly, lifting a corner with your fingernail and applying very slight lifting pressure and allow it to slowly lift. I removed and reinstalled mine five times. The last time I finally cracked it since I really didn't care anymore since I wasn't planning on reinstalling it.
    04-29-14 12:16 PM
    Interesting that your sleep function is affected too, mine definitely doesn't play nice with the proximity sensor but the sleep function is fine. Odd how much difference a thin piece of glass makes!

Posted via CB10
    04-30-14 01:07 AM
    Interesting that your sleep function is affected too, mine definitely doesn't play nice with the proximity sensor but the sleep function is fine. Odd how much difference a thin piece of glass makes!

Posted via CB10
    I agree. I tried various magnets in addition to the flip case itself, nothing put it to sleep. Granted I didn't use big magnets. To me the loss of functions wasn't worth it. I won't be using the MIME or any other glass protector.
    04-30-14 12:27 PM
118 ... 345