Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
    CrackBerry Genius

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Telus stores negative on the Z10

Scarborough Telus store won't let my girlfriend return a 3 day old S3 for a Z10. She's a 5 year vet of blackberry and waited out the launch just to get the new one. I gave her my advice on the top 3 phones which was pretty much she'd be happy with any of them. I'm a die hard bb fan but can't get Z10 until whatsapp and a couple other apps that os7 has, if they ever come. She never uses apps, would never customize a phone or even do an update.. Email, sms, Facebook, Calls Internet and and that's it. On her quest she went to every store in scarborough town Centre, eaton centre and yorkdale mall asking the employees of any company she could find (bell,rogers,Telus,fido,futureshop etc) what they thought of Z10. Out of 40 -50 people she said she talked to 1 guy who claimed to be a blackberry expert said it was worth it, everyone else dismissed the Z10 as horrible hardware and a confusing way to use a phone and "basically subpar" quoting 1 guy in future shop. I told her not to listen to them that the only difference were apps otherwise bb is a better phone if that's what she wants for her business needs. On the weekend she bought the galaxy s3 being talked into it on the spot. She doesn't have much of a backbone when dealing with techie people... For 3 days she feels like a laptop is in her pocket and she wants the z10 now. I could care less what she has (actually told her ip5 is best for her). So today she went back to the store and the desk people even brought the manager from out back to talk her out of changing. They literally opted her into a 30 minute Android tutorial next week when she said over and over she just wanted the Z10 (which she's already played with in store) she booked ut in which is one day before her trial ends and she can't return it ... This is the real life that blackberry is up against, tons of misinformation
    CrackBerry User

That is horrible! I had an opposite experience with Telus in Sudbury. Went in to get a new phone (the Z10) and all three staff that were there said it was awesome and I should have no problems with it. Two of them said they had recently switched to.

Posted via CB10
    meganVee likes this.
    CrackBerry User

The problem here is that most of the workers at these carriers can't provide objective advice. They recommend simply based on their loyalties and do not keep the customer's needs at heart.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

carrier has no right to force her, I would suggest suing Telus for that matter
    Thanked by:
    KISS ARMY (02-27-2013) 
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by LockNLock View Post
    Yea the lawsuit will be thrown out. If you knew anything about lawsuits that happen with the carriers you would know 95% of them get thrown out unless they are serious. In this matter, the store rep will just loss their jobs OR get fined & that is about it. They can just file a complaint against the store & a higher end rep for Telus will contact them with a offer or something else.
    Last edited by Dimitri.69; 02-27-2013 at 12:48 AM.
    CrackBerry Genius

So the Z10 is considered "confusing" yet they have half hour long "Android Tutorials"? I've not even heard of these existing before.
    Blatant placeholder signature.
    Thanked by:
    bobshine (02-27-2013) 
    Spawn12 and meganVee like this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,098 Global Posts

Sounds to me like her boyfriend should go back there with her and have a chat with the store manager.

Because that's what boyfriends do.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,385 Global Posts

At the very least you should talk to the manager about this.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    310 Global Posts

You have 14 days from the original purchase date to return the phone for any reason. This is standard Telus policy, at least here in Quebec. I figure it must be similar in Ontario. They can't refuse you.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Confusing eh? How come they have the Genius Bar at apple stores?
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by PeterC4 View Post
    Confusing eh? How come they have the Genius Bar at apple stores?

The quote of the day Imho.
    CrackBerry Addict

Have her file a complaint through the Telus customer service line and then escalate it through the website.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Genius

Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

Quote Originally Posted by LockNLock View Post
    LOL you must live south of the border
    CrackBerry Genius

Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

Quote Originally Posted by MusicMtl View Post
    You have 14 days from the original purchase date to return the phone for any reason. This is standard Telus policy, at least here in Quebec. I figure it must be similar in Ontario. They can't refuse you.

Posted via CB10
    14 days too here.. They didn't force her, but putting 6 employees plus a store manager infront of her telling her how much of a huge mistake she's making isn't exactly being helpful when she clearly wanted the Z10. I mean, I understand that they are trying to help but they are doing so with bad information. I've never heard of a 30 minute training session either lol. I told her to YouTube it and in 10 minutes will have more knowledge. But she's a girl and easily persuaded. BTW she's my recent ex and I didn't want want to get into the logistics of why I'm not doing this for her. I hope she puts her foot down though and tells them to hand over the Z10 or she'll unleash the wrath.. . I've seen it, and it's not pleasant
    CrackBerry Abuser

I had the opposite experience at Telus in Mississauga but to be honest it isn't the company saying no - it's the uneducated workers.

She needs to walk in the day of her "Tutorial" or sooner, put the phone on the counter and say "Either you exchange this for the Z10 I want, or you can take it back completely and refund me in full and I will go to a carrier that will sell me one."

If they still refuse, then ask for the manager again.

If the manager refuses - do this one simple thing. Tell them to pick up their phone and call customer retention for you so you can cancel your contract on the spot and get a refund... they are not allowed to refuse you that service and if they do then pick up their business card - states the store locations exact address.

Pick up your S3, dial 611, ask to speak to retentions while still standing in the store, and file your complaint citing they need to call the manager directly at the stores #.

Then watch what happens - and enjoy the bonuses that retentions is about to give you to stop you from leaving.

It costs more to gain clients than it does to keep clients, and Telus does NOT like losing clients. Trust me.

When it comes to customer service there is one simple rule - if they won't do something for you that is within your rights... escalate. Keep escalating until you are either at the president, or get what you want/need.

-Chris-
    Elite1 likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I had the opposite experience at my Telus store. The guy I purchased mine from said "I have a Galaxy Note and I love it, but I may have to try one of these out. They look pretty slick. We've been selling tons of them. Yours is our last one."

I'd go kick the door down at that place and demand answers for their crimes.

My girlfriend was a pretty loyal iPhone user at one point when we first started dating, even saying "I'm pretty sure everything BlackBerry makes is second to Apple." But now I am hearing her say things like "I think that's going to be my next phone", when we see Z10 ads on TV. Or "I think this is the phone that saves BlackBerry" When she sees me swiping into the hub on my Z10. And "That makes me impressed with BlackBerry" when she sees me multitask on my PlayBook. Slowly but surely... the sheep will revolt.
    CrackBerry Addict

Another example of Canadians putting down their own.

Posted via CB10
  18. FBA
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,070 Global Posts

I'm pretty sure that the Telus return policy is the same all over Canada - with 14 days no questions, just need the receipt.
    You original post and your last post are conflicted with a "Won't let her" and a "didn't force her".

The only question she has to ask is: "Do you have a 14 day return policy?". They answer "yes" because that is what it is and she returns the phone and buys the Z10. It's that simple. Telus may not be the real issue here from what I read in your posts...

There's a BIG difference between a sales pitch and a refusal to honor the policy...
    Z10
    Steve - Besadmin
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default Z10

Come over to Rogers!!! I ll get you guys on the Z10 same day and out the door!!!

GO BB10 - Z10
    CrackBerry Addict

I got my Z10 from Rogers and I didn't have any problems.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,495 Global Posts

You guys are lucky, here in the UK if you buy a phone instore and you dont like it..tough luck as they wont accept any returns or issue refunds. But if you order online then you have 7-14 days in which to return the phone back for a refund or exchange.

I got my Z10 last night so even if i dont like it, i cant take it back for a refund or exchange. Luckily for me i spent a good few playing around with display models so knew i would like it when i finally got mine.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,056 Global Posts

Tell her to go back to the telus store and return the samsung s3 as she is within the 7-14 day return policy and tell her to say to them she wants a Z10 no matter what she wants a Z10 new in the box with wrapper still on the box..... new phone.
    New Phone: Iphone 4s, Old Phones: Blackberry Z10, Samsung Galaxy S3 (Sold), Iphone 4 (Used By Family)
    LTE Playbook 32gb (Dec 2012), OS version is 1753.
    On Rogers Service

"When in doubt, buy a laptop"
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    372 Global Posts
    PIN
    24d8ce7d

Quote Originally Posted by Blackberryrules12 View Post
    That is horrible! I had an opposite experience with Telus in Sudbury. Went in to get a new phone (the Z10) and all three staff that were there said it was awesome and I should have no problems with it. Two of them said they had recently switched to.

Posted via CB10
    Very same experience in Sudbury. I love the girls at Telus up here. Very pro bb

Posted via CB10
    Motorola StarTac >> Motorola Flip >> Samsung Slider >> Motorola RazR 2 >> Storm >> Torch 9800 >> Torch 9810 >> Galaxy S3>> Z10
    CrackBerry Abuser

I had a similar experience in a Rogers store where the employees kept downplaying the Z10 and making it sound bad in front of a full store. I was pretty upset. I was actually telling them to stop haha. I should have told them I work for the company and I would call head office on them.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Addict

You can escalate a complaint with Rogers on their Website. It goes to the office of the president.

Posted via CB10
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast