I think i'm seeing the problem here, you're not ordering from Telus directly, you're going through a third party. They have no stock and they're giving you some BS excuse.
    Smart Cell Communications is a third party authorized dealership. So yes they are giving them a BS excuse because they have no stock. I do not believe there is a update coming that is why they stopped shipping phones. The phones are not at the warehouse as Blackberry needs to ship them.

Smart Cell Communications | Corporate Ordering, Employee Purchases, TELUS Mobility, Data, MiKe
    02-13-13 05:23 PM
    I think i'm seeing the problem here, you're not ordering from Telus directly, you're going through a third party. They have no stock and they're giving you some BS excuse.
    this seems probable imo.
    jesse_h likes this.
    02-13-13 05:25 PM
    I am dealing with Worldlynx Wireless due to a corporate plan upgrade. They have responded to me saying they are out of stock nothing to do with waiting for a software update.
    02-13-13 08:15 PM
    I'm not sure about the drain(bought from Telus 2 days ago). Doesn't seem like it to me but there was a software revision that was evident on the phone, I updated and really haven't noticed anything. I've only had to a battery pull once. The phone lost all my settings,contacts, etc from bbm. Did the battery pull and everything came back.

I pre-ordered my black bb z10 with Telus on January 31st and still have not received it. I have been told by a rep on the phone and received the same message and in the following e mail quote, "Blackberry is having a delivery problem with its Z10. Apparently, there is a software revision flash being performed prior to transit which is causing the delay. We are waiting for them to arrive" They are saying the issue that is being fixed has to due with excessive battery drain. Is this true? They still cannot give me a date when to expect my phone.
    02-13-13 08:19 PM
    I am a rep for TELUS and confirm that there are no firmware updates going on. Simply a 3 week waiting time to get your hands on one.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    never trust telus. intelligent ppl
    02-13-13 08:28 PM
    I didn't pre order a Z10, but the Telus store was sold out when I got there. I proceeded to a Bestbuy mobile store in the same mall where they had a shelf with roughly 50 Z10's left for multiple carriers. The sales person stated they had 80 at the start on the day.

I went back to the Telus store trying to find a decent case and they were kind annoyed when they found out Bestbuy had that many units, the Telus store only had 8 total units on launch day, including pre orders. That was in fairway mall in kitchener.

Do you have any Bestbuy mobile in your area?

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-14-13 07:44 AM
    I spoke to someone at Blackberry that I know yesterday and while not divulging actual sales (they would not know the actual numbers anyway) she said that sales were greatly exceeding plan.
    02-14-13 08:08 AM
    I ordered my phone February 5th, was supposed to be shipped out on the 12th, called on the 14th and it was still not shipped out. I have yet to receive an e-mail with tracking information so I will be calling the web orders once again tomorrow to find out what the he!l is going on. I paid for it on the 5th and now 12 days later I still have not received it.
    02-17-13 06:59 PM
    Walked into a Telus store in Edmonton on Friday, February 15 and came out with a shiny new Z10. Had a few in stock but had brought in new stock a couple of time .to keep up with demand. What was out of stock was accessories -- only had Telus unbranded gel skins... All mobile providers were flogging them and had stock in the mall I was at. Future Shop had around eight and many accessories. Hope yours come soon.
    02-17-13 07:25 PM
    i had cancelled my order from smartcell and went straight to a telus store to get it. it appears dealers aren't priority versus Telus owned stores.Telus stores are getting daily or second day deliveries of Z10's
    02-17-13 07:32 PM
    l ordered it directly from Telus... No third party store. I am very tempted to cancel it an go to a store but I went to the stores on the 5th and the people working there were very annoying and frustrating so I would rather avoid said people as I may not be exactly nice to them!
    02-17-13 07:49 PM
    I paid online for a white z10 in jan 30th
    It shipped in the 12 th as planned and I received in the 13th

My Telus experience was great!

Posted via CB10
    meganVee likes this.
    02-17-13 08:38 PM
    Reserved a white phone in store a couple days after the announcement, then found out a week later that I can't do that with a business line. Apparently the phone needs to be sent directly from Telus. So I ordered a white one directly from Telus last week and was told "mid february". Called again a couple days ago and they now say "10 days more days". Ridiculous.
    02-17-13 08:49 PM
    I'm with Telus in Edmonton, and only wish there was an update coming to deal with the battery. I just swapped one out the other day, in the hope that my six to seven hour battery life was hardware related. It would appear not. I should add that I own three batteries, so I'm ruling that out too. Perhaps its the way my Z10 connects to the TELUS towers? I have been told that the Bell network gives a stronger signal, which could mean my device has to work harder to maintain a good signal. I had a similar issue with my unlocked 9900 that got better battery life with the Bell Sim card.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-13 09:43 PM
    I'm with Telus in Edmonton, and only wish there was an update coming to deal with the battery. I just swapped one out the other day, in the hope that my six to seven hour battery life was hardware related. It would appear not. I should add that I own three batteries, so I'm ruling that out too. Perhaps its the way my Z10 connects to the TELUS towers? I have been told that the Bell network gives a stronger signal, which could mean my device has to work harder to maintain a good signal. I had a similar issue with my unlocked 9900 that got better battery life with the Bell Sim card.

Posted via CB10
    Telus and Bell share towers, I believe. I'm also from Edmonton, and from what I've noticed, I think Telus somehow has a slightly stronger signal? Don't take my word for it, I haven't done any formal tests...
    02-17-13 09:50 PM
    I'm using a rogers z10 on telus.....battery's good on my end...

Posted via CB10
    02-18-13 08:25 AM

Posted via CB10
    Try switching over to HSPA+ for a day or two and see if you notice a difference. I was finding that at my office and home where I normally get 5 bars of reception, I was only getting 2-3 on LTE.
    02-18-13 08:37 AM
    ordered mine on Jan 30 and received it on feb 7........
    02-18-13 08:37 AM
    So I just called... For the 2nd time in 4 days.

Turns out it was shipped February 15, however I did not receive any communication regarding this.
    Got the tracking number from the CSR and it should be here tomorrow!!! FINALLY!!!
    02-18-13 12:13 PM
    My phone ended up arriving last night!!! I was surprised to say the least!!!
    I am in an area with lte but it is spotty so I have turned off lte and am just on h+ which is fine with me. So far with 5 hours of usage I am sitting at 75% battery left.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-13 02:18 PM
45 12