I dropped my baby today in a parking lot face down, okay I have dropped it a lot but this time I really hurt it, and the screen cracked from the left corner at the top down to the bottom right corner. The bottom works, but sadly, the top didn't make it and doesn't work to touch. I was so saddened, I just left the store where I was going and went straight to the AT&T store which they gave me a number to call. Oh and I happened to drop it again in the AT&T parking lot.

I called AT&T and submitted a claim. They will review it and get back to me within 24 hours. Then send me a new Z10 overnight. Sadly that is a $200 deductible... Hey, that's how much I paid for it originally.

Oh and totally my fault for wanting my phone nekked. I am not mad at BlackBerry. The new one however, will be protected.
    npunk42, Dzyen, bbquincar and 4 others like this.
    07-13-13 06:17 PM
    I dropped my baby today in a parking lot face down, okay I have dropped it a lot but this time I really hurt it, and the screen cracked from the left corner at the top down to the bottom right corner. The bottom works, but sadly, the top didn't make it and doesn't work to touch. I was so saddened, I just left the store where I was going and went straight to the AT&T store which they gave me a number to call. Oh and I happened to drop it again in the AT&T parking lot.

I called AT&T and submitted a claim. They will review it and get back to me within 24 hours. Then send me a new Z10 overnight. Sadly that is a $200 deductible... Hey, that's how much I paid for it originally.
    That's a doozy of a deductible for a phone.

Posted via CB10
    julieb9 likes this.
    07-13-13 06:21 PM
    That's a doozy of a deductible for a phone.

Posted via CB10
    You're so right. They go by the retail price, not the new contract sale. Still ridiculous though. They are just going to take my phone, fix it, and resell it. It's a win win for those greedies.
    07-13-13 06:23 PM
    Ouch! Glad you had insurance on it though.
    07-13-13 06:27 PM
    Dropped mine down concrete stairs the other day, 13 stairs to be exact....in a seidio active case and i did not want to look...i could not believe it survived with all the hard bouncing. I almost shed a tear...picked it up " laying face down" and damn thing was still working...i do feel your pain though

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 06:31 PM
    My deductible is 100.00

Posts via Z10
    07-13-13 06:34 PM
    Switch to tmo and get Jump. Or get the screen fixed and do a warranty exchange. It's not the most honorable thing to do but then again your dealing with the darth vader of the cellphone companies

-I'm A Gay Dev. Deal With It.
    07-13-13 06:48 PM
    You're so right. They go by the retail price, not the new contract sale. Still ridiculous though. They are just going to take my phone, fix it, and resell it. It's a win win for those greedies.
    It would might be cheaper just to go to your local cell phone repair shop. They can do amazing things in getting your phone back to prime.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    cheadlender and MB2 like this.
    07-13-13 06:49 PM
    Asurion is 130 for the z10 but 175 for my wife's note 2. Needless to say, her cracked screen Is still cracked...way too much work to replace the glass. lcd and digitizer still work. Gorilla glass2 they say -_-

Report lost n use old phone as spare parts. You didn't hear it from me. They won't lock phone either. Same deductible.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 06:50 PM
    Ouch that sucks... Dropped Z10 and Jeter is out again. Not a good month.
    07-13-13 07:03 PM
    This is my second one z10. My first one fell off my lap onto one of its top corners & cracked it's screen & the only thing that worked was the top button.

I had it for like 9 days.

I was arguing with my girl at the time. I started to blame her lol

$150 insurance deductible

#TeamBlackberry

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 07:21 PM
    Too bad to hear that, Erin. Good idea on adding protection on the second one. I got mine protected with a screen protector, a transformer shell and a seidio holster.

You can't cruise a aircraft carrier without heavily investing in its defense system.
    07-13-13 07:33 PM
    Maybe you should get a protective case with a hand-strap!
    *TEAR*...yep i dropped it-pvc-hand-strap_019.jpg
    Carl Estes likes this.
    07-13-13 08:02 PM
    I have dropped mine a couple of times but the transform case has done a good job protecting it.

I recommend a transform case and a screen protector to preserve the naked feel and get good protection

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 08:30 PM
    Sorry to hear that Erin! I am getting my Z10 on Monday or Tuesday, how do you like it?
    Charles K likes this.
    07-13-13 08:48 PM
    That's why.. I lost it.. sell it on eBay. Will cover most of your deductible. Someone will gladly take it, fix it up, and sell it refurbished.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 09:05 PM
    That bites. I like naked phones too.
    07-13-13 09:15 PM
    Oh and totally my fault for wanting my phone nekked. I am not mad at BlackBerry. The new one however, will be protected.
    Blame Blackberry. Perhaps if your phone were much less beautiful, dare I say, ugly, you'd want to cover that thing up with a case. This could've been avoided. In fact, where's the guy that starts all the petitions? I've got one for Blackberry ... Who's with me?

07-13-13 09:36 PM
    No shame for wanting it naked. I purposely got only an impact resistant screen protector for it.

Best of luck with getting it replaced soon!

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    jason18 likes this.
    07-13-13 09:37 PM
    What do you people have gaping holes on your hands? Lord...
    playbook_swiper1 likes this.
    07-13-13 10:25 PM
    I should really get some protection, my baby has been dropped by someone else already and the bottom bar and been chipped in the corner

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 10:35 PM
    Haha well I think if I changed the story, it would look bad.

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    07-13-13 10:37 PM
    Sorry to hear that Erin! I am getting my Z10 on Monday or Tuesday, how do you like it?
    I love it!

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    07-13-13 10:38 PM
    Just an FYI for those suggesting this: DO NOT report your phone as lost and then sell it to someone else, it WILL be added to a negative list and the other person will be unable to activate it on ANY carrier.

Not to mention that, ya know, it would be FRAUD and all that rot...

Posted via CB10 on my AWESOME VZW STL100-4 Z10!
    07-13-13 10:45 PM
    Well at least you don't have to pay full retail price so that's good. What are you using until you can replace it?

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 10:51 PM
103 123 ...