So, I'm relatively new to the BlackBerry scene, having just got my z10 a few weeks ago. Absolutely love it, BTW. I know I've heard a lot of people talk about the poor marketing that blackberry has done and I think we have a LONG Way to go.

I called a local Verizon store last night (granted, it wasn't a corporate store but an authorized retailer. Although they solely dealt with Verizon). I asked the guy if they had any screen protectors for the z10. He replied with, " No we don't have any more of those. Besides BlackBerry doesn't even exist anymore.". I asked him what he meant and he proceeded to tell me that the company went out of business about a month ago. I explained to him that he was sorely mistaken. I then said to him, "you are aware that Verizon just launched an exclusive new BlackBerry two days ago, right?". He was rather confused.

Now nothing bothers me more than salesman that know far less about their products than I do, especially when it comes to cars and phones. But the fact that he was unaware of a brand new product and the going thought in that store is that blackberry is out if business, frightens me. BlackBerry REALLY needs to do some positive marketing, if to Noone else, at least the people responsible for selling their product.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 07:58 AM
    BlackBerry fails in marketing. Z10 rocks the iPhone out the water... Here in the UK most the kids rock Blackberry's, I have seen 5 Torch 9810 just today and 2 Q10's.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 08:01 AM
    Well said from one Alf to another!

Proudly posted by an Essex Lad with Z10
    AlfieBriggs likes this.
    11-17-13 08:44 AM
    If you ask me , sales people aren't needed in some places if they aren't knowledgeable . To have someone who doesn't know which phone companies are in business shouldn't be working in sales.
    We don't need sales people when we go to the grocery stores.
    11-17-13 08:54 AM
    Yeah you should tell him to be careful what he says. Next time tell him that a vending machine can do a better job than him. That'll shut him up and reevaluate his life.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 05:04 PM
    should have messed with him and said that RIM was bought out and its now called BlackBerry
    11-17-13 05:21 PM
    It just amazes me sometimes. As a salesperson, you should be up to date on your products and what your company, in this case Verizon, is doing/carrying. Even if you don't like the products, you should be as knowledgeable as possible so that you can make educated counter arguments.

But in the end, BlackBerry needs to get some positive marketing going. Public perception will drive sales.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 10:31 AM