Hey guys! Sort of have a newb question here. But i have noticed that it takes about 6 seconds for the charging icon to show up after you plug in your phone. Was wondering if it has happened to anyone else. The first few times I panicked and thought my phone stopped charging!! Just would like to know if anyone else is experiencing this.

Thanks in advance for any feedback
    AbsoluteT23 likes this.
    02-07-13 01:21 AM
    yes that happens to my z10, same here. my lumia 820 does the same.
    what i notice is that it is a lot slower to charge compared to my 9790.
    02-07-13 01:24 AM
    Now you mention it, everytime I plug the sucker in I end up wondering if the microUSB might be broken because of this very thing. Seeing your post is reassuring - it isn't just me.
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-07-13 01:25 AM
    Thank god it's not just me. I was starting to worry I had a hardware problem and might need to take it back.
    02-07-13 01:26 AM
    Now you mention it, everytime I plug the sucker in I end up wondering if the microUSB might be broken because of this very thing. Seeing your post is reassuring - it isn't just me.
    Haha yeah *phew*
    02-07-13 01:26 AM
    ALong with this, I've also noticed the microUSB port and headphone jack seem "tight"
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-07-13 01:32 AM
    Same thing happens to me!

ALong with this, I've also noticed the microUSB port and headphone jack seem "tight"
    I think that happens with new products. Over time, it'll be easier to do the same. My z10 also has the same issue (not really issue, but you know what I mean)
    02-07-13 01:36 AM
    Im so relieved to see this thread. I was going crazy thinking it was a hardware problem.
    02-07-13 01:45 AM
    Yah it's loosening up a tiny bit with time though.
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-07-13 01:55 AM
    LOL Thanks for all the feedback guys! Was about to cry cuz I was thinking about taking the phone back to koodo!! But I'm glad it's normal! and yes the port does seem really tight. I shouldn't have applied force to it...let's hope nothing goes wrong for any of us. cheers!
    02-07-13 01:55 AM
    I have this too. It's nothing to worry about
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-07-13 01:57 AM
    Tis the same here on both zed-10's, was worried the port was loose, but it's a small delayed reaction.
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-07-13 01:58 AM
    I see similar in my SIII, there is a pause as things seem to 'shift' into charge mode. Good to see y'all posting so people know what to expect and reduce posssible frayed nerves.
    02-07-13 03:01 AM
    LOL Thanks for all the feedback guys! Was about to cry cuz I was thinking about taking the phone back to koodo!! But I'm glad it's normal! and yes the port does seem really tight. I shouldn't have applied force to it...let's hope nothing goes wrong for any of us. cheers!
    Yeah I was forcing it a bit too. But it doesn't appear to have done any damage. I'll surely stop now though.
    02-07-13 03:32 AM
    A friend of mine worked on the hardware team at RIM, this was an issue noted during testing. The issue wasn't fixed, but it's normal. As for the tight fitting cable, try using an old charge cable, the non-matte cable. It fits better, so you don't have to force it in and out of the port.
    02-07-13 02:18 PM