My unit was a refurb replacement sent to fix a button problem on my prior device.

My two year commitment is up. I requested an unlock code. The online system would not accept my IMEI.

I called customer service and, late in the evening I was sent an unlock code. I waited the 24 hours and put in a non-ATT SIM. Followed the steps and entered the unlock code. No luck. Thought I screwed up. The retry reduced by one. The instructions say try the first 8 digits if all 16 don't work. Stnll no luck

Called AT&T tech support. They listened and said they would get back to me. Sent me the same unlock code. Retries keep incrementing away.

Called AT&T Tech support again. They listened and said they would get back to me. Sent me the same unlock code. Retries keep incrementing away.

Called AT&T Tech support again. They listened and said "talk to Blackberry". I called Blackberry and didn't know what button to push. Talked to a human. He transferred me to AT&T Tech Support. They listened and said they would get back to me. Sent me the same unlock code. Retries keep incrementing away.

Called AT&T Tech support again. They listened and tried to get Blackberry on the line. First Blackberry rep was unintelligible. Second rep said they couldn't help. AT&T Tech said his boss would call me back around 5 pm. That was Tuesday. Today is Thursday. Received no call.

On Wednesday, Direct Messaged @attcares on Twitter, They said they would call me today. They did. They listened and said someone would get back to me. Someone did. Told me that their only obligation is to give me an unlock code, not a phone that can be unlocked. They said "talk to Blackberry". I asked for a supervisor "Kelly" got on the line and told me that my phone is out of warranty and they have given me the unlock code. It is not their fault that the code won't work (on the phone they sent me from their refurb center). She told me that if I wanted to make sure the phone would unlock, I could have paid off my contract early and gotten it unlocked before the warranty period expired. A$$holes!

So now I have 2 retires left and no valid unlock code. Has anyone run into this?
    04-02-15 04:11 PM
    its the wrong code for it or you gave them a different imei this happened with me on tmobie they sent the wrong unlock code i got back to them and they sent the correct one a few days later so att is giving you the wrong number sequence for it
    04-02-15 04:24 PM
    I'd suggest they are giving you an unlock code for your old phone.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 04:24 PM
    I'm giving them the IMEI from my current phone. It is in the email they send to me. I'm talking without understanding on this next topic. I understand that the MEP has something to do with it. Could they have the MEP from my old phone but the IMEI from my current one?
    04-02-15 04:50 PM
    i dont think that would matter the imei is specific for only one device only the unlock code will work for that particular set of numbers its possible that they may have made a mistake on the imei numbers or they unlock code was wrong when they gave it to you either way there is an error somewhere i suggest you start over with them let them know that you have had to contact them various times beause of the same thing read the numbers of the imei like they were 4 year olds and have them read them back to you
    04-02-15 05:47 PM
    I've never seen another thread with this issue so I doubt it's a BlackBerry 10 problem.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 06:26 PM
    Look under your battery for a label. The model should be RFF91LW for it to be an at&t phone. If it's a RFK121LW then it's not. By now I would have tried a 3rd party unlock service just to see if they would come up with something different.
    04-03-15 04:11 AM
    Look under your battery for a label. The model should be RFF91LW for it to be an at&t phone. If it's a RFK121LW then it's not.
    Until 10.3.1 came along, both my RFK121LW's booted to the 'rethink possible' screen. The cases aren't branded in any way and both are factory unlocked.
    04-03-15 07:09 AM
    Thanks for the suggestion. I have the right device for att.

I'm trying am ebay seller. Going to see if they get a different code.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 10:42 AM
    Until 10.3.1 came along, both my RFK121LW's booted to the 'rethink possible' screen. The cases aren't branded in any way and both are factory unlocked.
    Both version work fine on at&t, I was only suggesting a way to determine if they had sent him a non-at&t replacement.
    04-03-15 11:21 AM