Attachment 140790[attach=config]

My recommendation to you since I have been through this once already - the moment you get the phone up and going go right to the website and just confirm all is as you agreed today. I went all through this on another phone, had all the assurances etc, and got the phone and something told me just to go look how it showed up on the web. Sure enough I had lost the Unlimited. 30 mins with a phone rep later all was well again.

So, I am not saying you can't do what you did you absolutely can, but I am just saying once you get the phone an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure :-)
    03-12-13 07:42 PM
    Got my order in! Will ship on 22nd.
    03-12-13 09:16 PM
    Just got off the phone with my local best buy, and they aren't taking pre-orders. Also talked to a CSR on AT&Ts web chat... she also confirmed that pre-orders are only for the web site.
    When I arrived this morning the first guy I spoke to had no clue. He asked his supervisor and he took over. He was looking at a flyer as well as reviewing all the information on their system. You may have just spoke to someone who had no clue what's going on.
    03-12-13 10:54 PM
    I was wondering about this very same thing. I would love to upgrade soon but am worried about my unlimited data plan. Please keep us updated on how this works out for you.
    Sure will. Other posters here with same situation. Good we all got the same answer.

Sent by portable transceiver on 1800MHz
    03-13-13 08:28 AM
    I was checking this page 3 times a week for as long as I can remember.

[AT&T] My order is in, waiting for tracking and delivery-z10.jpg
    ESCON likes this.
    03-13-13 10:11 AM
    Lol I like how the Bold 9900 is still the same price.
    03-13-13 01:26 PM
    Lol I like how the Bold 9900 is still the same price.
    Well its a great phone and don't blame them trying get top $$ for it.
    03-13-13 02:00 PM
    why oh why can't I just pre-order the phone outright?? Ugh.
    They better have one with my name on it next Friday, lol
    03-13-13 02:49 PM
    i would triple check that. from what i know the unlimited data isn't an option on their system anymore and once your off, they cant just go in and change it back. so check with some one at a local AT&T store.
    03-13-13 04:34 PM
    I had enough with trying to get one at AT&T, so I headed over to Radio Shack. I had no problem ordering one. Walked in and no problems. They had a little display on the z10 talking about their pre-order deal, no phone to play with though. When you order the phone you get a $30 gift card when the phone comes in that can be used towards the phone purchase. They just looked in the system to make sure I was ready for an upgrade and had me fill out a paper to hold my phone. All I had to pay today was for a $50 Radio Shack gift card, to hold the phone, that I will use towards the purchase. He told me that if the phone comes in early he would give me call so I could pick it up, doubt they will give it to me before release date. Just happy to have one on order.
    03-13-13 06:46 PM
    I ordered mine last night, I opened a third line and had no problems placing the order. When I originally tried to upgrade my line it wouldn't allow me to so I just added on the additional line it was well worth it ��
    03-13-13 07:18 PM
    Popped in at Best Buy today after work..some noob tried to tell me they weren't doing pre-orders...i damn sure asked the next associated I saw..

She took my money! I will get an email when the phone is in..hopefully first thing on the 22nd I will have my Z10..
    anon(153966) likes this.
    03-13-13 07:53 PM
    Same issue today. Some yahoo asked me if I was sure BlackBerry had a new phone. I sighed and walked away. I'll go back tomorrow. During the smart shift.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    brout likes this.
    03-13-13 08:48 PM
    i'm just gonna run to the store on the 22nd and pick one up,doubt they'll run out of them in my area since i have 2 at&t stores,2 radio shacks,and a best buy all within 5 mins of each other.also hopin the damn irs will have my refund to me by then to.i went through all of the pre-order crap when i was with sprint and it was to much of a hassle.plus the 22nd is my birthday,so it'll make a nice gift for myself
    03-13-13 09:09 PM
    So. VZW lets you pre-order the phone without a plan online and ATT does not.
    This so sux. I just don't want to show up next Friday and they not have any. Grrrr.
    03-14-13 08:02 AM
    So. VZW lets you pre-order the phone without a plan online and ATT does not.
    This so sux. I just don't want to show up next Friday and they not have any. Grrrr.
    Go to Radio Shack. No problems.
    03-14-13 08:41 AM
    Go to Radio Shack. No problems.
    Do you know what price they are selling off contract for? Cause Best Buy is more than ATT
    03-14-13 10:24 AM
    I pre-ordered mine this morning online with ATT. No issues at all. It is supposed to ship on the 22nd. Can't wait!!!!!

ETA-NOT the 22nd.....it will ship on the 20th.
    Last edited by Mama2Many; 03-18-13 at 08:33 AM.
    03-14-13 11:18 AM
    I pre-ordered. Only grief I have is my grandfathered unlimited data plan was not a choice. I opened a chat and asked about it. Was told that once I get the phone I can call customer service and get it changed back to my unlimited plan. I snipped the chat box and saved it . Right now AT&T and I are having our second honeymoon. They better honor this.
    Had the same thing happen to me. 2 chat Reps both told me to do the same thing. I saved the chat logs too!..'just in case'...
    03-14-13 11:19 AM
    Why didn't they get white?
    03-14-13 11:20 AM
    Do you know what price they are selling off contract for? Cause Best Buy is more than ATT
    It was $649. Then you get the $30 gift card that will bring it down further.
    Last edited by gysm715; 03-15-13 at 07:38 PM.
    03-14-13 11:28 AM
    For those who are "premier": I was too but I learned that it was because it still listed me as being an employee of a former employer. I guess I assumed after I left that they would just take me off but maybe it's purely self-reported. Either way, I called in and had them remove the premier status and, within a couple minutes, was able to order through the pre-order upgrade path online at ATT.

And, just to confirm what others said, it replaced my grandfathered unlimited plan with whatever I chose--which was also $30. But the CSR said that she would make notations to my file so that when I got the Z10 and called in to activate I could strongly ask them to put me back to the unlimited plan. She said that that plan was like "the gold ticket in Willy Wonka." No joke; that was the analogy she used.

Anyway, I would imagine that if you have a premier plan you could cancel it just to pre-order online, then call back in and reactivate it since the CSR asked me if there was a different premier/company that she wanted me to associate my account with.

Just some thoughts. Good luck to everyone.
    03-14-13 11:55 AM
    submitted my order through verizon wireless today!!
    03-14-13 03:07 PM
    Mine ordered from local BB Mobile, can't wait to get it.
    03-14-13 04:58 PM
    Popped in at Best Buy today after work..some noob tried to tell me they weren't doing pre-orders...i damn sure asked the next associated I saw..

She took my money! I will get an email when the phone is in..hopefully first thing on the 22nd I will have my Z10..
    Congrats, we have waited long enough... :-)
    03-14-13 06:33 PM
256 12345 ...