I went into my local Best Buy and placed my preorder. I signed up for the $50 gift card promo back in Feb. Now its time to count down the days
    Thanks for reminding me about that! I knew there was a reason I wanted to pre-order with Best Buy I just couldn't remember why lol.
    03-12-13 01:50 PM
    How can i get off contract blackberry z10 on att
    03-12-13 01:50 PM
    How can i get off contract blackberry z10 on att
    Are you with AT&T? I think you have to be an AT&T customer to buy the phone off-contract. You don't have to sign a 2-year agreement but I'm pretty sure you have to at least already be on a month-to-month plan.
    03-12-13 01:54 PM
    You are welcome. Unfortunatly the order would not go through because it was an upgrade. I called them and they told me you are unable to do a pre-oder with an upgrade which makes no sense. They said the phone has to be instock for upgrades. Guess I will take the morning off on the 22nd and head to the att&t store.
    I did it with as a upgrade...
    03-12-13 02:01 PM
    yes i am an att customer. Can you please give me the instructions. What is month to month contract?
    03-12-13 02:06 PM
    yes i am an att customer. Can you please give me the instructions. What is month to month contract?
    Are you the primary account holder? Do you have an AT&T login set-up?

Edit: I sent you a PM so we aren't thread jacking.
    Last edited by Kat0908; 03-12-13 at 02:25 PM.
    21stNow likes this.
    03-12-13 02:15 PM
    I went into my local Best Buy and placed my preorder. I signed up for the $50 gift card promo back in Feb. Now its time to count down the days
    Do you pick-up the phone at the store?
    03-12-13 02:21 PM
    Yes that's how past pre-orders at Best Buy have worked. If you pre-order in the store then you pick up the phone at the store.
    03-12-13 02:24 PM
    Yes, they contact you when the phone arrives. I paid $50 up front and they issued me a $50 gift card to use to pay off the remaining balance. I feel it was an easier transition than going through ATT online. The best buy rep was excited as I was the first on of the day. I asked if get anything and they said a smile.
    netnative likes this.
    03-12-13 02:26 PM
    I'd be getting AT&T right now, but TMo is way cheaper. They told me I can get 500 mins with unlimited texting and data for $50 a month. When I played around with plans on AT&T, it was looking around 90 bucks and that isn't even with unlimited data. Eff that. LOL
    03-12-13 02:33 PM
    I'd be getting AT&T right now, but TMo is way cheaper. They told me I can get 500 mins with unlimited texting and data for $50 a month. When I played around with plans on AT&T, it was looking around 90 bucks and that isn't even with unlimited data. Eff that. LOL
    I agree Att is pricy I pay 151 out the door for 3 lines, 1 of them on data (mine3GB data) 700 family plan and unlimited text. I know I can get a better deal with tmobile or with some other carrier but in my area Att is dominate and I also invested in a Microcell for the house which helps boost cell signal.
    03-12-13 02:40 PM
    I agree Att is pricy I pay 151 out the door for 3 lines, 1 of them on data (mine3GB data) 700 family plan and unlimited text. I know I can get a better deal with tmobile or with some other carrier but in my area Att is dominate and I also invested in a Microcell for the house which helps boost cell signal.
    $151 for 3 lines doesn't sound bad. I pay $140 for 2 lines at Sprint and a tablet. With unlimited data though. I don't talk on the phone that much to where I need the most amazing signal. I can see how that works for people though.
    03-12-13 02:45 PM
    Yup. Placed the order and awaiting tracking. The tension mounts, ohhhhh what a feeling...
    03-12-13 03:01 PM
    $151 for 3 lines doesn't sound bad. I pay $140 for 2 lines at Sprint and a tablet. With unlimited data though. I don't talk on the phone that much to where I need the most amazing signal. I can see how that works for people though.
    Having a strong signal is important to us because we live in Florida and our family is in California. Having a 2 year old daughter and the only girl in the family we have daily calls from grandma and grandpa from both sides.
    ErinnM likes this.
    03-12-13 03:25 PM
    Just got off the phone with my local best buy, and they aren't taking pre-orders. Also talked to a CSR on AT&Ts web chat... she also confirmed that pre-orders are only for the web site.

You are welcome. Unfortunatly the order would not go through because it was an upgrade. I called them and they told me you are unable to do a pre-oder with an upgrade which makes no sense. They said the phone has to be instock for upgrades. Guess I will take the morning off on the 22nd and head to the att&t store.
    Yeah the web chat CSR said that it's not yet available for customers that want to upgrade, but it should be an option soon. take it with a grain of salt if you will, but it looks like I just might have to resort to taking off on the 22nd, to get to a store early and pick one up.
    03-12-13 03:53 PM
    Having a strong signal is important to us because we live in Florida and our family is in California. Having a 2 year old daughter and the only girl in the family we have daily calls from grandma and grandpa from both sides.
    Makes sense. I have a 3 year old myself. She must Skype her "gaga" weekly. Lol
    03-12-13 03:57 PM
    Just out of curiosity, did you complete the order and get an email afterward stating that the order was cancelled because it was an upgrade? I completed my order on an upgrade this morning, and it is listed as "Processing" right now. I hope I'm not in for bad news...
    03-12-13 04:10 PM
    I was told I was unable to order online because it wasn't an upgrade... I was trying to pay full pop for the phone. I called and after being disconnected twice, I was finally told to go to a store and order it on the 22nd. AT$T screws the pooch again. BTW I had received an email acknowledgement of the online order and then a few hours later an email cancelation of the same order.
    Last edited by Roscoe T Zern; 03-12-13 at 05:12 PM.
    03-12-13 04:49 PM
    I pre-ordered. Only grief I have is my grandfathered unlimited data plan was not a choice. I opened a chat and asked about it. Was told that once I get the phone I can call customer service and get it changed back to my unlimited plan. I snipped the chat box and saved it . Right now AT&T and I are having our second honeymoon. They better honor this.
    I was wondering about this very same thing. I would love to upgrade soon but am worried about my unlimited data plan. Please keep us updated on how this works out for you.
    03-12-13 05:20 PM
    [AT&T] My order is in, waiting for tracking and delivery-screen-shot-2013-03-12-5.54.54-pm.jpg[attach=config]
    Attached Thumbnails [AT&T] My order is in, waiting for tracking and delivery-screen-shot-2013-03-12-5.54.54-pm.jpg  
    03-12-13 05:48 PM
    I ordered my z10 on an upgrade last night at around 9pm, west coast time. Said it would ship on the 20th. So excited. My birthday is on the 21st I'll be calling at&t the day i receive it to keep my grandfathered data plan.
    03-12-13 06:11 PM
    Just out of curiosity, did you complete the order and get an email afterward stating that the order was cancelled because it was an upgrade? I completed my order on an upgrade this morning, and it is listed as "Processing" right now. I hope I'm not in for bad news...
    NM. I saw in another thread that it had to do with the fact that you're on a Premiere account. That's some BS that they're making those customers wait to order.
    03-12-13 06:23 PM
    Just ordered mine. Said shipping on the 20'th. Will have to wait and see now. Anticipation is killing me already.

I was also told I could keep my grandfathered unlimited data package, as long as its to another smartphone, they can not take it away. Ive done 3(original curve which got me the plan, 9800, 9810, 9900) upgrades since they dropped the option and have yet to lose my plan. I wouldn't worry about losing it.
    03-12-13 06:51 PM
    All those that have ordered, and are now waiting for tracking and delivery, hit us here with comments.

Go...
    I was online and ordering my Z10 as soon as soon as they became available at Midnight EDT.
    03-12-13 06:54 PM
    Im on the premier plan, so couldnt do it on-line..My plan expires on March 28th..so looks like Im in no hurry...just hope I dont end up kicking myself... if I find them out-of-stock!...guess I will go shop for some accessories!
    03-12-13 07:28 PM
256 1234 ...