So for the longest time I had an issue with the official T-Mobile WiFi calling OS version 10.2.1.2228 where the WiFi calling app would just sat error under the little switch and there was or REG02 or REG99 error displayed to indicate what was wrong. This does NOT appear to require an OS reload to resolve. I actually did do a semi OS reload by loading the same OS over non-destructively but it did not help. The way I did end up fixing it was by shaping in another sim card, opening the WiFi calling app which triggered an invalid sim error, swapping back to the Tmobile sim, and suddenly everything worked. I used an Orange sim, although I doubt that matters.

I have no idea why this worked or if it will for others but I figured it may be useful. If others have solved this problem in other ways feel free to post below so we can aggregate fixes. I remember reading about reinstalling the app but it said unavailable in app world for me (maybe because I'm in a different country) so I didn't end up going that route.

NOTE: I don't know if this pertains to only the Z10 or more BB10 devices. If it pertains to more devices then the title and location of this thread should be changed.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 06:50 AM
    Weird. Can you successfully make calls via WiFi?

So for the longest time I had an issue with the official T-Mobile WiFi calling OS version 10.2.1.2228 where the WiFi calling app would just sat error under the little switch and there was or REG02 or REG99 error displayed to indicate what was wrong. This does NOT appear to require an OS reload to resolve. I actually did do a semi OS reload by loading the same OS over non-destructively but it did not help. The way I did end up fixing it was by shaping in another sim card, opening the WiFi calling app which triggered an invalid sim error, swapping back to the Tmobile sim, and suddenly everything worked. I used an Orange sim, although I doubt that matters.

I have no idea why this worked or if it will for others but I figured it may be useful. If others have solved this problem in other ways feel free to post below so we can aggregate fixes. I remember reading about reinstalling the app but it said unavailable in app world for me (maybe because I'm in a different country) so I didn't end up going that route.

NOTE: I don't know if this pertains to only the Z10 or more BB10 devices. If it pertains to more devices then the title and location of this thread should be changed.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 06:01 PM
    I have gotten those errors in the past and a hard reset always cleared it -- in the case of REG99, usually restarting wifi (on the phone) cleared it.
    07-07-14 09:55 PM
    Everything works now. Just for the longest time no matter what I was getting just the error under the switch with no error dropping down from above. Very odd.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-14 03:59 AM