First, I'm a long time BBRY fan who switched to an verizon iPhone 5 in November for work. I loved (and still love my 9930). I've been following the BB10 closely for 2 years and am eager to upgrade my second phone to the Z10. I went to AT&T on Saturday and was thoroughly disappointed in the marketing, the lack of employee knowledge and complete lack of enthusiasm by the sales people. However, today I was the first customer in the TMo store near my store and I asked if they had a z10 available for me to "play" with. The manager of the store grew a gigantic smile and said "you're going to love it" he informede that his staff had been playing with it since yesterday and that 3 of them got them that morning. The unit he showed me had been fully unlocked (out of useless demo mode that AT&T refused to do). It was already full of games, text messages, remember notes, pictures, videos, etc. The manager told me that his assistant took side my side pictures with her iPhone 5 And that the Z10 "blew it away". I went to you tube, Espn.com and a few other website I frequent and the speed was mind blowing. I don't own it yet but I fully expect to have a white one on VZW on Thursday. The phone is amazing! And if more stores had a staff like this one then the Z10 is gonna do well on TMo. Here's hoping VZW takes a page out of their hand book.
    ESCON likes this.
    03-26-13 09:41 AM
    Hitting my T-mo store today. But they are not carrying a lot of stock. Here's a post I put down elsewhere but maybe belongs here:
    I remember when Motorola came out with their "Defy" -- there was v. smart advertising everywhere. And the phone's advertising, though not a spectacular phone, was very focused: people were dancing on it, throwing it in swimming pools -- lots of long-legged young girls (all of whom probably really used iPhones) kicking it around in the sand... in other words, it came out with a point of view. Absurdly, in an over-crowded Android landscape, this silly little phone found a market by being... a silly little phone. IMHO BBerry needs to find a way to make this phone "yummy" to the masses. Not just geeks and suits.
    03-26-13 09:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD