I will be graduating with my BA in four days, as a gift my sister wants to get me a new phone. I told her I want the Z10. When she talked to a t-mobile manager, texted me saying "So I talked to a tmobile manager and he didn't recommend to get the blackberry z10. They said it's horrible and customers are returning it a lot." Why would a manager say something like that? Is there a possibility that they want me to buy the iphone 5 instead? I told my sister I still want it.
    jens_tahoe, R Field and HUNTZODIAC like this.
    05-05-13 05:29 PM
    Because he gets more commission on selling iPhone or Android.
    05-05-13 05:36 PM
    Check the phone yourself and pick a phone that suits your needs... if you're heavy on emails, text, etc z10 is good for it

Posted via CB10
    RazzBerry and lang007 like this.
    05-05-13 05:38 PM
    First off, congratulation on your impending graduation!

From my understanding there were a number of Z10's returned as the earlier OS had some issues. You also might be right on the manager wanting to push one phone over another. I have talked to a few friends that work in stores (AT&T and VZW) and they are told to steer people to one kind of phone or another. I sure wouldn't be afraid to get it. Let us know how you like when you receive it.
    shaleem, Radoton, eldricho and 2 others like this.
    05-05-13 05:39 PM
    Being a retail manager, all this talk of steering customers away from what they want just blows me away. A sale is a sale at the end of the day. I know, there's the commission factor, but if the person walks out with nothing, that's no sale at all.
    05-05-13 05:45 PM
    Maybe because they have had a lot returned to his store. Personally if I went to a store to buy something and they had a lot of people returning the product, I'd appreciate being told that before I made my decision. You are still free to buy what you want but if you went to buy a new laptop wouldn't you rather hear before you bought it that they've been having problems and a significant amount of unhappy customers before you bought it, or would you prefer to buy it and then find out after the fact? It's not always a conspiracy against blackberry when someone states something negative about them. Sometimes it might just be the truth and maybe the guy was just trying to help.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    Check the phone yourself and pick a phone that suits your needs... if you're heavy on emails, text, etc z10 is good for it

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. Try out a few devices...even if for a few minutes. The manager may unfortunately have a bias or motivation to sell other phones.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    I walked into my local TMO store the day they launched the iPhone - I had to ask a question about my account - the store was full of TMO employees, including several managers they had in town for the iPhone release. When they saw my Z10, they all remarked how awesome it was. No one said anything negative about the phone or sales. I know TMO sold a ton of iPhones, but every time I'm in the store they are always positive about BlackBerry. Regardless, pick the phone that's right for you; ignore what others say.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 06:46 PM
    The T-Mobile guy I got my Z10 from was all over it as well. I think people here forget that people who work in phone stores are usually tech guys with strong loyalties and particular tastes, like everyone here, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Posted from my T-Mobile Z10, no longer on the Sprint Meh network.
    jojo beaconsfield and lang007 like this.
    05-05-13 07:00 PM
    Well TMo just started selling the iPhone. They want to sell it!

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    05-05-13 07:12 PM
    Congratulations. Here is the reason why many, many people are returning their Z10 to Tmobile. It is very simple. Tmobile started adding a "migration" fee of $100 to their bills in addition to the cost of the phone. The retail stores knew nothing about this and didn't tell the customers. So, when the bill arrives...."hello Tmobile, what's this $100 migration fee". It turns out there was a class action law suit that allows everyone to return the phone. I called tmobile and complained up the chain. It took awhile, but we finally came to a protracted agreement where my bill was credited for $50 and I received $5 off per month for 6 months despite being deceived. I had to balance my time versus cost. Tmobile had to swallow a used phone if I brought it back. It was a test of wills on Friday night.

As for the Z10, It is an investment that will hopefully appreciate as Blackberry improves the product. Let's all hope it goes faster than the Playbook.

Best advice to a graduate...buy an Apple iPhone to fit in with the rest of the sheep.
    05-05-13 07:40 PM
    I will be hit with a $175 migration fee in my bill this month. But I knew that beforehand since one line in my account is not eligible for the new value rate. Many might have taken advantage of the $99 upfront cost of the phone without knowing than only those who are not anymore under contract may do that and avail of the new value plan.
    05-05-13 08:05 PM
    T-Mobile didn't do that to me, and I got my Z10 Around the fifth of April.

Posted from my T-Mobile Z10, no longer on the Sprint Meh network.
    05-05-13 08:07 PM
    They might just like Android or iphone better.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 08:12 PM
    Sure, but you should also value being told why? Problem isn't telling customers that the product is being returned, it's telling them and then leaving it at that! That has a negative connatation and that's not necessarily the case.

Posted via CB10
    brout and kidmac13 like this.
    05-05-13 08:18 PM
    Not sure why this is so mind blowing to you? Companies have contracts which thereby create agendas. It's no different than working at a shoe store and being told to offer them socks.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 08:21 PM
    Stick with your gut. Forget what the manager has to say. He most likely has a different agenda
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    05-05-13 08:29 PM
    Good for you for standing your ground. I think it is just wrong when store employees voice their biases to customers especially if it is unsolicited. When phones are returned to a store it does not necessarily mean that the phone was faulty. People change their minds, have buyers remorse - there are a number of reasons why products get returned that have nothing to do with the product.
    05-05-13 08:35 PM
    I work for at&t, I do tend to recommend devices I believe are better than others.We want you to get the phone you like the 1st time because it is a better experience for the customer.. If I have a phone continue to come back I normally forewarn customers.. i love my z10 and I try to get people excited about it. But I do warn them it still has a few bugs that need to worked out and the app selection isn't there yet..

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 08:45 PM
    anyone who trys to sell me something I dont want, I leave and go somewheres else !
    05-05-13 08:45 PM
    What's a migration fee exactly?

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 08:46 PM
    Not sure why this is so mind blowing to you? Companies have contracts which thereby create agendas. It's no different than working at a shoe store and being told to offer them socks.

Posted via CB10
    Mind blowing to me because at the end of the day it comes down to sales. One person walking out and not buying and then that person relating their experience and so on,.... one non-sale can influence a lot more than that one person who walked out.
    Last edited by finallybb; 05-05-13 at 08:51 PM. Reason: grammar (eye roll)
    05-05-13 08:48 PM
    They are payed to make consumers pick the iphone/android phones.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 08:49 PM
    They are payed to make consumers pick the iphone/android phones.

Posted via CB10
    As for att that is not the case. We get the same pay regardless what you get.

Posted via CB10
    David in Durham likes this.
    05-05-13 08:51 PM
    My experience with T-mobile was excellent. Went in one day, explained to them I'm in love with the Z10, but I would be travelling in a few days and would need it unlocked. Initially, the said they can't do that until i pay off for the device and wait 40days. next day, walked out with a brand new unlocked Z10. They were really helpful.

As for the returns, as a member above says, many did not know about the migration fee, and also, the previous software may have has a number of bugs. But now, I believe the Z10 is stable and a great pick for those who are heavy with communications.
    dbow27 likes this.
    05-05-13 08:52 PM
102 123 ...