I have been having trouble pitching the Z10 to customers because it's sitting in the display case right next to the Note ll, GS lll, Nexus 4 and not to mention a very obnoxious poster of the Iphone 5 poster that says coming April 12th.

I know BB10 is not for everyone but it's like nobody wants to really give it a chance I can't even get past demonstrating the gestures or hub before I get cut off by a customer asking about asking for the price of the GS lll or Note ect.

Basically what can I tell them of show them the advantages of the Z10 over these other platforms
    Alexander Tran and KoukiFC3S like this.
    04-02-13 12:56 PM
    Like selling anything. Find out what they fear and play on that. If they are afraid of embarrassing typos, point out the word flick. If they fear being laughed at for having a BlackBerry, tell them about the celebrities that are proud to own theirs. Also, show them cases that make the Z10 look like an iPhone. If they are afraid of being the last to get email, show them how fast the Z10 gets email (when ActiveSync or IDLE are used). If they are concerned they might miss Facebook or Twitter posts, show them the flashing LED and Hub. HD phone calls and how loud the phone can get help in noisy environments. Point out when they get their partner a Z10 they can vid chat through BBM with ease.

There are many other features to push once you understand what their current phone doesn't do well for them.
    Gatmyer, jslawell and dierre like this.
    04-02-13 01:07 PM
    I have been having trouble pitching the Z10 to customers because it's sitting in the display case right next to the Note ll, GS lll, Nexus 4 and not to mention a very obnoxious poster of the Iphone 5 poster that says coming April 12th.

I know BB10 is not for everyone but it's like nobody wants to really give it a chance I can't even get past demonstrating the gestures or hub before I get cut off by a customer asking about asking for the price of the GS lll or Note ect.

Basically what can I tell them of show them the advantages of the Z10 over these other platforms
    I've seen those obnoxious posters. They were plastered all over the T-Mo kiosk at the mall when I was there yesterday. I really don't understand the big push for a device that, when it's released, it will be nearly 7 months old and they're treating it like a brand new release!!

Would it be possible to have two Z10's out on display, one that shows the demo video and one that customers can try for themselves?
    dierre likes this.
    04-02-13 01:16 PM
    Honestly, I feel you because it is a little hard to sell to people that don't understand what it can do.

I would start with the keyboard, predictive typing and flick typing

Highlight the hub and how you can respond directly from the hub

Then I feel like BBM vid and screen share needs to be shown. I actually demonstrate with my brother by showing people me playing a game while the other z10 watches

Then say stuff about the apps that are good and keep getting better

I find unless you put it in their hand and demonstrate it, they just won't get it

Oh and one more thing, don't bother them with too much gestures, just the home gesture ( swipe up) as that is the most confusing part for everyone coming from older android, iphone and older BlackBerrys

Just IMO

Hope that helps and good luck

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 01:22 PM
    Selling is all about understanding what they want and playing to that. It's so easy now and even the day the iPhone first launched to downplay their excitement about it because of the technology in the phone. It's outdated and most of it was available in other phone up to 2 years back. The galaxy is a good series but most people as with the iPhone are buying for the name and because their friends have it. You as the person selling have to show them why the BlackBerry stands out and what will make them unique from their friends. Really your job is convince them their friends will be jealous. There is no real trick to doing this. It's all understanding what they think they're looking for and taking the time to show them what they actually need.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 01:27 PM
    Nope I was surprised we even got a z10 demo they waited until the 25th to send it. I bet that they will send 10 demo crummy icrap phones tomorrow to build up the anticipation for a already dated device.
    04-02-13 07:38 PM
    Tomorrow I'm going in
    04-02-13 07:43 PM
    Thursday we are selling out of the generous whole 4 units they sent to us thanks tmobile
    Selling is all about understanding what they want and playing to that. It's so easy now and even the day the iPhone first launched to downplay their excitement about it because of the technology in the phone. It's outdated and most of it was available in other phone up to 2 years back. The galaxy is a good series but most people as with the iPhone are buying for the name and because their friends have it. You as the person selling have to show them why the BlackBerry stands out and what will make them unique from their friends. Really your job is convince them their friends will be jealous. There is no real trick to doing this. It's all understanding what they think they're looking for and taking the time to show them what they actually need.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 07:46 PM
    Show the things that make the device different. All these smartphone have similarities and can do some things better than others and it will ultimately come down to the differences.

Talk about and show the keyboard (have the customers actually use it), talk about and explain NFC (which iPhone doesn't have), talk about and show the browser (mention Flash - even most novices have heard about Apple's battles with Adobe), and demo the time shift camera (that usually amazes people)...

Hope this helps... The Z10 is awesome!

Posted via CB10
    dierre likes this.
    04-02-13 07:48 PM
    You might need to tell them about the nasty 30-day email limit in BB10... I hope you'll tell potential customers about the pros and cons of each platform so they can make a better decision, instead of coming back angry and wanting to return a phone a few days later.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    04-02-13 08:03 PM
    I'd start with a catchy phrase like: “Do you know that BlackBerry is back? Their latest phone is just awesome. Let me give you a demo of some of the cool features.“
    Then I would show the following features in this order:
    - Swiping to wake up the phone - "Notice there's no Home button; everything is done through gestures."
    - Move onto the Hub, "the universal inbox" and make sure there are emails, texts, BBMs, Twitter and Facebook messages there. Show how easy to find and respond to everything in one place, without going to individual apps.
    - Show keyboard and swiping up words. Mention the great predictive text.

Then if there's time:
    - Show them a couple neat features on BBM, especially videochat and screen sharing (have 2 Z10s ready for that).
    - Show the timeshift feature on the camera.
    - Be ready for the dreaded question: "What about apps?" Say what's available now and what's coming soon. Show the amazing browser and how it makes some apps unnecessary. Have some webpages ready to demo Flash, YouTube etc.

Let us know how you get on.
    dierre likes this.
    04-02-13 08:22 PM
    I would ask them what they mainly use their phone for and then go from there. The Z10 is not for everyone. Neither is any other phone for that matter. If communication is their main use then the Z10 should be an easy sell. If not, I would recommend another phone.
    04-02-13 08:35 PM
    I have shown some people the game NOVA 3. If they want to see BlackBerry are no longer just 'business phones', that is a good game to show off the abilities of the phone.

Posted via CB10
    dierre likes this.
    04-02-13 08:45 PM
    As the sales person your job is to assessment the customers needs then present the best options to fulfill their needs. Then you should address their wants. Listen to the customer and try to decipher any potential objections so that you can overcome them later. Put the respective devices in their hands, ask what the most needed functions are show them how to do each on each device.

Point out the differences between each. Then let the customer decide.

Just remember they came to you as you are the expert act accordingly and be confident. Whatever you do, do not lie and don't ever talk terribly about another product. If you have to talk bad about a product to make what you offer sound good you may be hiding something. Present facts, give your thoughts, let the customer choose

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 09:04 PM
    My biggest gripe with Android is fragmentation. What you see is what you get, update may not be coming - you nay be buying obsolete phone . The phone manufacturer does not control the OS.

BlackBerry and apple both control hardware and software and are equal in that respect.

Android is open source software and has major privacy problems.

Posted via CB10
    dierre likes this.
    04-02-13 09:20 PM
    Show them how well the device works and it will sell itself. Most people are tired of apple and android so the Z10 is a nice fresh start!

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 09:25 PM
    Of course I'm not going to force the phone down anyone's throats but I will let them know BlackBerry should not be overlooked
    You might need to tell them about the nasty 30-day email limit in BB10... I hope you'll tell potential customers about the pros and cons of each platform so they can make a better decision, instead of coming back angry and wanting to return a phone a few days later.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 04:49 PM
    You can't sell people stuff..

They have to come in wanting it..

I walked in 6 months ago and bought a s3, nothing you could have said or done was going to change my mind.

This week I went in and bought a Z10 nothing you could have said or done would have changed my mind.

People will get what they want.

Unless they have no idea and are just wandering around and stumbling upon smart phones.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 04:51 PM
    Alright lol
    You can't sell people stuff..

They have to come in wanting it..

I walked in 6 months ago and bought a s3, nothing you could have said or done was going to change my mind.

This week I went in and bought a Z10 nothing you could have said or done would have changed my mind.

People will get what they want.

Unless they have no idea and are just wandering around and stumbling upon smart phones.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 04:59 PM
    Just do what you are doing. If they are that set on sticking with what they know. Besides I bet these are the kinds of people that would come back a week later complaining about no instagram:/

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 05:13 PM
    I couldn't successfully sell a Z10 after playing with a demo unit or even having basic training on it.

I've had the phone since Canada launch and after using it for a month I could easily sell this phone to anyone since I understand it now.

My advice, pick one up and use it for a few weeks and you will have no problem selling one.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 05:14 PM