so I guess T-Mo and john Legere not keeping his word on getting updates for blackberry's on his network.
    How did u come to that conclusion?

Posted via CB10
    07-16-14 02:08 AM
    To summarize, T-Mobile WiFi calling needs a T-Mobile device model (if they don't sell it, it won't work), the WiFi calling app from BlackBerry World/Sachesi and 10.2.1.2228-2273 or 10.2.1.3175+ (maybe one of the 10.3s).

Posted via CB10
    thurask, pardon my ignorance, but I can't seem to find the wifi-calling app on BBerry world anymore. I have a T-Mo branded, unlocked phone (if it matters). Am I looking in the "wrong place"? Thanks
    07-16-14 08:01 AM
    thurask, pardon my ignorance, but I can't seem to find the wifi-calling app on BBerry world anymore. I have a T-Mo branded, unlocked phone (if it matters). Am I looking in the "wrong place"? Thanks
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/35524900

Posted via CB10
    07-16-14 10:00 AM
    i am on att, got this update yesterday, 10.2.1 2179 SQN 100-1
    so I guess T-Mo and john Legere not keeping his word on getting updates for blackberry's on his network.
    07-16-14 10:24 AM
    How did u come to that conclusion?
    It might be a little too early to come to that conclusion (seeing that Verizon--the only US carrier that has their own Z10 variant just released this 10.2 build,) but I don't necessarily disagree with him. If you read the TMO statement, it says something like 'we will continue to support BlackBerry devices on our 4G LTE network,' which, interpreted strictly, means "you got a STL100-3 or a SQN100-5? They'll keep working on our AWS LTE network." Nothing more.
    07-16-14 12:38 PM
    It might be a little too early to come to that conclusion (seeing that Verizon--the only US carrier that has their own Z10 variant just released this 10.2 build,) but I don't necessarily disagree with him. If you read the TMO statement, it says something like 'we will continue to support BlackBerry devices on our 4G LTE network,' which, interpreted strictly, means "you got a STL100-3 or a SQN100-5? They'll keep working on our AWS LTE network." Nothing more.
    Lol I agree with u. Until both AT&T and Sprint also come out and officially say they pushed the update, then I won't/cant say Tmobile lied.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-14 04:03 PM
    I had to delete and reinstall the wifi calling app to get this os to let me do wifi calling on my unlocked (from BlackBerry) Z10. I, too, had a hard time finding it. I finally found it under the list of T-Mobile business apps in BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-14 08:29 PM
    So do we know that Tmobile pushed this update or BB....because Verizon pretty much pushed the same update.....

Posted via CB10
    I guess it is not the final word, but I think the update is from BlackBerry and here is why I think so: I own two Z10s - one purchased from T-Mobile and the other direct from BlackBerry. Only the unlocked one from BlackBerry has had the update - (I have been checking for updates under settings for a while now, and the BlackBerry unlocked one got the update a few days back).

Wifi calling is still working. I did have to delete and reinstall the wifi calling app (which BTW was hidden in BlackBerry World under the list of T-Mobile business apps!). All seems to be good now.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-14 08:38 PM
    I guess it is not the final word, but I think the update is from BlackBerry and here is why I think so: I own two Z10s - one purchased from T-Mobile and the other direct from BlackBerry. Only the unlocked one from BlackBerry has had the update - (I have been checking for updates under settings for a while now, and the BlackBerry unlocked one got the update a few days back).

Wifi calling is still working. I did have to delete and reinstall the wifi calling app (which BTW was hidden in BlackBerry World under the list of T-Mobile business apps!). All seems to be good now.

Posted via CB10
    You are probably right. It seems to have came right from BlackBerry because there wasn't any press release from Tmobile.

Also I didn't have to delete my wifi calling app. It worked perfectly right after I downloaded the update lol

Posted via CB10
    07-16-14 08:48 PM
    Yes, not a T-mo OS update. But glad all works well, including wifi-calling -- which is a 100% must have for me.
    07-16-14 09:01 PM
    Thanks thurask!
    07-16-14 09:05 PM
    Thanks thurask!
    07-16-14 09:07 PM
    Does it mean .2977 considered the latest update officially from Blackberry? Mine got updated last night and I'm from Malaysia

From Sabah, Land Below The Wind
    Last edited by horukuru; 07-17-14 at 07:51 AM.
    07-17-14 02:00 AM
    My Z10 isn't branded but is unlocked and I haven't received this 2977 update, even though I'm currently running 10.2.1.2976

Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 07:06 AM
    My Z10 isn't branded but is unlocked and I haven't received this 2977 update, even though I'm currently running 10.2.1.2976

Posted via CB10
    I did not get my update automatically. I checked for software updates under settings.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 03:35 PM
    I did not get my update automatically. I checked for software updates under settings.

Posted via CB10
    ^^^

I had to do the same as well....it didn't just show up

Posted via CB10
    07-18-14 06:34 PM
    tried that link it open in the app but I can't d/l it to thew phone. were is it when looking in BB world on the phone.
    and whats new in the leak OS
    thanks
    07-19-14 03:02 PM
    tried that link it open in the app but I can't d/l it to thew phone. were is it when looking in BB world on the phone.
    and whats new in the leak OS
    thanks
    Can you be more specific about what you tried. If you open the link on your computer, you can scan the bar code using BBWorld app. Open BBWorld and swipe down and use the Scan command. Point the z10's camera at the bar code and it should open the download function.

Or is there something else that's the issue?
    07-19-14 07:51 PM
    Can you be more specific about what you tried. If you open the link on your computer, you can scan the bar code using BBWorld app. Open BBWorld and swipe down and use the Scan command. Point the z10's camera at the bar code and it should open the download function.

Or is there something else that's the issue?
    I think I got it. my sim card is not in there. and I think its see the network? I'm using the iphone for now till my sim adapter comes so I can switch with out calling t mobile or getting another card.
    07-20-14 07:15 AM
    I think I got it. my sim card is not in there. and I think its see the network? I'm using the iphone for now till my sim adapter comes so I can switch with out calling t mobile or getting another card.
    I don't know what you are doing with a sim card adapter - that is which phone would use it BUT CAUTION. Some folks have had adapters jam in the BB phones and bend or break the connectors when trying to remove them.
    07-20-14 08:38 AM
    I don't know what you are doing with a sim card adapter - that is which phone would use it BUT CAUTION. Some folks have had adapters jam in the BB phones and bend or break the connectors when trying to remove them.
    b/c t- mobile charge 10.00 for a sim now. I did have a cheap adapter and it got stuck in my 9900 but I was able to get it out.
    so I found MicroSim Adapter 3FF mini-UICC Shop these guys a little prices but they work better. so I can swtich from iphone to BB
    FF22 likes this.
    07-20-14 09:05 AM
    I have a friend who has a Tmobile branded Z10. The update wasn't available for him. Looks like BlackBerry pushed out this update for unlocked devices

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 12:52 AM
    I have a friend who has a Tmobile branded Z10. The update wasn't available for him. Looks like BlackBerry pushed out this update for unlocked devices

Posted via CB10
    Yes, the title of this thread is misleading. If you have a branded t-mo phone (locked or unlocked) you will not get this update.
    07-21-14 05:36 AM
    Yes, the title of this thread is misleading. If you have a branded t-mo phone (locked or unlocked) you will not get this update.
    Lol u are right. I probably shouldve done a little more investigation before making the thread but I got happy Lol. Hopefully a mod will correct this.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 11:20 AM
    b/c t- mobile charge 10.00 for a sim now. I did have a cheap adapter and it got stuck in my 9900 but I was able to get it out.
    so I found MicroSim Adapter 3FF mini-UICC Shop these guys a little prices but they work better. so I can swtich from iphone to BB
    I think in store if you get a new sim they charge you. But if you call customer service and ask them then it's free.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 11:25 AM
57 123