Hey everyone and congratulations to all the brand new American Z10 owners today!

I just wanted to know whether anyone within AT&T's LTE coverage areas were seeing LTE on their Z10. I'm in Philadelphia and have confirmed that I do have an LTE plan (with a brand new SIM card) and am seeing pretty fast (amazingly fast) data speeds, yet I see no indication on my Z10 that I have LTE data.

Does the indicator change to "AT&T 4G LTE" or just stay as "AT&T 4G? "

Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 08:34 PM
    Mine says "AT&T LTE"

Quick story, I had a problem after I picked up my device (drove back to work) data wasn't working when I got back to work. All it said was AT&T 4G.

Called AT&T real quick and it seemed like the incorrect data plan got flipped back.
    03-22-13 08:38 PM
    Hey everyone and congratulations to all the brand new American Z10 owners today!

I just wanted to know whether anyone within AT&T's LTE coverage areas were seeing LTE on their Z10. I'm in Philadelphia and have confirmed that I do have an LTE plan (with a brand new SIM card) and am seeing pretty fast (amazingly fast) data speeds, yet I see no indication on my Z10 that I have LTE data.

Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    If you're coming from an older BlackBerry (BIS plan), most likely AT&T didn't properly remove the old data plan. As long as the BIS data plan is linked to your account, you won't see LTE.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 08:45 PM
    Thanks guys! I just called AT&T and they said I wasn't in an LTE coverage area (even though I thought Philadelphia was covered and I've been traveling around the city). I guess I'll wait for a few more days before panicking.

Still, it has not detracted from this phone at all. The best experience on mobile. Period.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 08:56 PM
    I was thinking the same thing, and took a walk outside. BAM! LTE indicator instead of 4G. LTE no workie inside?
    03-22-13 08:58 PM
    Did a quick test in my work's parking lot before leaving tonight. This is northeast suburb of Atlanta.

03-22-13 09:04 PM
    When I was at work today in Providence I had LTE. And it screamed. At home it just says 'AT&T', but I've got the WiFi here so no biggie.

It's a good thing I miss not a media junkie.
    03-22-13 09:11 PM
    4G on AT&T is HSPA+
    LTE is LTE.

AT&T only calls HSPA+ and LTE "4G" because every other network was flat-out lying when they said they had "4G". No carrier in the US provides 100Mbit cellular data connections, but most consumers are too ignorant to even ask Wikipedia what 4G is, so AT&T just uses it as a descriptor to keep from looking like Nintendo did when Sega was making claims of "blast processing".
    03-22-13 09:16 PM
    I talked to two AT&T technical support agents today. Both times I was in LTE coverage areas. The first agent had me power off the device while she did something (she didn't say what) and also had me check the APN. She then told me that they were experiencing issues with a tower in the area.

I called again (this time in a different zip code) and the man had me turn my phone off while he took me off the network and re added me. Still no luck. He said that he's only been able to hold the device and that their systems haven't yet been updated.

While the HSPA+ speeds have been great, LTE should be working.

For those that have LTE on AT&T, what is listed under the APN settings on your device? Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Any ideas on what I should do?

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 08:41 PM
    Mine says : AT&T LTE in extreme NE Atlanta suburbs

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 08:44 PM

Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    I'm in south Jersey right across the bridge from Philadelphia and I have LTE when I'm just using data. Once I make or take a phone call it switches to 4G. A soon as I hang up it changes back to LTE. I have no explanation for it but I have tested and confirmed that it happens.

Posted via CB10
    FlashFlare11 likes this.
    03-23-13 08:55 PM
    I'm in south Jersey right across the bridge from Philadelphia and I have LTE when I'm just using data. Once I make or take a phone call it switches to 4G. A soon as I hang up it changes back to LTE. I have no explanation for it but I have tested and confirmed that it happens.

Posted via CB10
    That is normal actually.. There is no voice over LTE devices available yet so they all switch back to make calls

Posted via CB10
    Serkle K likes this.
    03-23-13 08:59 PM
    AT&T LTE Indicator?-img_00000026.png
    Her is a screen shot from mine. Hope that helps.

Posted via CB10
    FlashFlare11 likes this.
    03-23-13 09:08 PM
    Is there a way to turn off LTE on ATT?? We looked and could not find it. Is there a way around?

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 09:10 PM

Posted via CB10
    Thanks! Your situation makes me think something might be wrong with my device. I'll take it to AT&T servicing tomorrow to see if they can do anything about this. It's not an infuriating issue or even an annoying one, just a little niggling thing I'd like taken care of.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 09:11 PM
    4G on AT&T is HSPA+
    LTE is LTE.

AT&T only calls HSPA+ and LTE "4G" because every other network was flat-out lying when they said they had "4G". No carrier in the US provides 100Mbit cellular data connections, but most consumers are too ignorant to even ask Wikipedia what 4G is, so AT&T just uses it as a descriptor to keep from looking like Nintendo did when Sega was making claims of "blast processing".
    The requirement is 1 gigabit per second, and nobody has that deployed anywhere. Even in mobile testing for LTE-Advanced on 60 MHz of bandwidth and 8x8 MIMO I haven't seen faster than about 950 megabit.

Aside from sprint through clearwire, I don't think anyone even has 60 MHz of contiguous spectrum to do the same thing on. Moreover no one is going to use 8x8 MIMO, it will probably be 2x2 MIMO like it is now on LTE for most carriers (some use SISO) so someone will have to have around 250 MHz of spectrum to actually get 1 gbps. It's not going to happen anywhere.
    03-23-13 09:17 PM

Posted via CB10
    Voice isn't carried on LTE yet, so when a voice call is made, an HSPA ("4G") connection is established to carry the voice call and the LTE connection dropped, as it seems both connections can't be maintained at the same time. Nothing unusual here.
    Drayk and Serkle K like this.
    03-23-13 09:19 PM
    Love to hear people talk about their new Z10's in the USA. Even if it's only talking about coverage questions, nice to know you finally have them. The more you get used to them the more you will love them. Welcome.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by xBURK; 03-23-13 at 11:01 PM.
    FlashFlare11 likes this.
    03-23-13 09:23 PM
    Love to hear people talk about there new Z10's in the USA. Even if it's only talking about coverage questions, nice to know you finally have them. The more you get used to them the more you will love them. Welcome.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks! I love this phone! I can't put it down at all. Even though I'm having a small issue, it hasn't detracted from the phone at all.

Posted via CB10
    xBURK likes this.
    03-23-13 09:29 PM
    it shows AT&T LTE for me on top but when i use the sideloaded speedtest.net app it shows that I tested a HSPA network
    this is the one that i sideloaded on to my z10
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/vuwnjy7bd3....net_2.0.9.bar
    03-23-13 09:36 PM
    Is there a way to turn off LTE on ATT?? We looked and could not find it. Is there a way around?

Posted via CB10
    AT&T locks this option. Unless you get access to engineering screen, you can't turn it off.

Posted via CB10
    ianbordas likes this.
    03-23-13 09:42 PM

Posted via CB10
    No there is not, at least that I have found.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 10:11 PM
    Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 10:27 PM
    Mine says AT&T LTE

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 11:42 PM
    It depends where you are and the structure your in. At home (I live in a condo, first floor) I get AT&T (assuming 3G?) but when I'm at work, I get LTE. Then again, AT&T's antenna tower is behind the building at work. I'm in South FL.

Posted via CB 10 on my Zee 10
    03-24-13 12:22 AM
29 12