I need the assistance of some more experienced BlackBerry users (and I feel that I am pretty experienced as far as bringing bricked BlackBerries back to life)

I have the Z-10 STL-100-3 on AT&T.
    I was having issues and did a complete wipe and restore via USB within the last two weeks and the phone has been performing better than ever. Yesterday AT&T sent notification to my BB that 10.2.1 was now available on their network (10.2.1 Bundle 2179 Platform 10.2.1.2273).

When I arrived home yesterday afternoon, I ensured that the phone battery was charged (74%) plugged the phone into BlackBerry Link, it too showed that the update was available, and I clicked Update. Computer gave the sound indications that it was connecting to the device via USB, it downloaded the software, extracted the software and began installing the software. (BB LED light was Green)

Somewhere the whole process froze up. I let it run for over 2 1/2 hours, and it was still frozen. I decided to give it another half an hour before disconnecting and I found an error message (An error has occurred while updating your device's software.Unspecified error encountered [A:0x0000008E]). After disconnecting from USB the phone will only blink red LED. I tried the reload again, the computer CAN find the phone, CAN find the BB Pin, but cannot load the 10.2.1 software...always an error.

I am wanting to try an AutoLoader of the official 10.1.2 software released by AT&T but I cannot locate one on-line. Does anyone have a link to the official 10.1.2 software released by AT&T that they will share with me so I can try to restore this phone to proper working order? I have tried using both Link and the IE option at blackberry.com/update several times and every time I am getting this error message (An error has occurred while updating your device's software.Unspecified error encountered [A:0x0000008E]) and I have used both a laptop and a desktop computer (Windows Vista and Windows 7).

This is the 2nd time that my phone had died as a result of an AT&T Software update. Last month when an update came over the air I attempted to update and same thing happened, but I was able to reload using Link software. Any help is appreciated!
    04-18-14 08:19 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!

Here's where you can get the .2273 autoloader: http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...evices-924010/

Give it a shot, and feel free to ask if you have any problem getting it going. Good luck.
    04-18-14 08:27 AM
    Do I want to download the: STL100-2/3 OS+radio ?
    Just don't want to download and attempt the wrong file.
    04-18-14 08:34 AM
    I figured out that the autoloader file has to be extracted using the 7zip program.
    I extracted the autoloader .exe file from the STL100-2/3 OS+radio file and ran the .ext file.

It connected to my phone and then gave me this error message:

Error: Failed to load images.
    Error: Flash Operation Failure.

Any thoughts or ideas?
    Last edited by fadmkirk; 04-18-14 at 09:16 AM.
    04-18-14 09:04 AM
    Yes that's the one. It should be a .exe file type if not its probably a zipped file that needs to be extracted.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 09:12 AM

That's correct.
    I should have mentioned that you'd need 7zip (or jZip) to unpack it.
    04-18-14 09:20 AM
    I extracted the autoloader .exe file from the STL100-2/3 OS+radio file and ran the .exe file...

Any thoughts or ideas?
    04-18-14 09:21 AM
    Have you tried downloading Sachesi and then loading the Debrick file from the 10.2.1.2273 Thread with Sachesi? If that works, let the phone reset and then load the appropriate radio file from that Thread in the same fashion. Worth a shot.
    04-18-14 09:58 AM
    I extracted the autoloader .exe file from the STL100-2/3 OS+radio file and ran the .exe file...

Any thoughts or ideas?
    Try this. If you're able, power down the device, then plug it in. Start the autoloader -- it should start it up and start to load.
    04-18-14 10:38 AM
    Elessar.cm:

Tried your way -- this time it appeared to connect, the light turned green, moved to 100 on the RAM loader and then swtiched to say:

Signature Trailer:
    EC521_512 Signer: 0x48584E51 (QNXH-OS-1)
    EC521_256 Signer: 0x4C584E51 (QNXL-OS-1)
    [ Writing 0x00000000 ] [ 0 ]

Gonna try the Sachesi way before giving up and calling warranty replacement.
    04-18-14 11:08 AM
    Wanted to thank everyone for their assistance in trying to repair my Z10. I am not sure why but every update that AT&T has pushed through to these phones has resulted in a brick that I have been able to repair using a computer, but for some reason this one was completely dead. I contacted warranty and a new phone is on the way. Thanks again!
    04-21-14 11:21 AM
    I used to get that error on my desktop. Switched to my laptop and have never received that error with an autoloader since.

Via CB10 Rockin Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.140
    04-21-14 11:27 AM
    Wanted to thank everyone for their assistance in trying to repair my Z10. I am not sure why but every update that AT&T has pushed through to these phones has resulted in a brick that I have been able to repair using a computer, but for some reason this one was completely dead. I contacted warranty and a new phone is on the way. Thanks again!
    That sucks. I got 3 replacement Z10's in one year due to bricking after installing various leaks. I've never had it happen with an official release. Not surprised though. Glad you're getting a new device.

Posted via CB10 from my Z30.
    04-21-14 06:35 PM