I am on a leaked 10.1 and works great for me. Does anyone see a good reason I should switch to OS? If not, gonna wait for 10.2 leaked.
    06-21-13 08:38 AM
    Download and installed OS this morning. Installed Skype and launched it...device crashed. The joy!
    jdiaz989 likes this.
    06-21-13 08:50 AM
    If you are using an ActiveSync email account (Microsoft Exchange and Outlook.com, or Google business accounts), you can set the Sync Timeframe (Settings, Account Settings, [ActiveSync account], Advanced, scroll to the bottom) to Forever. When you do that, it keeps all emails in that account from the earliest it has. In my case, that is about 2 years.

Forever is not available for IMAP accounts.

ActiveSync and IMAP work differently on BB10 phones from the way POP3 worked on BBOS. If BBOS phones were setup to use POP3, they actually downloaded a copy of the email from the server and held the copy on the phone. This is why you could delete email from the phone but leave it on the server. You actually had a copy of the message on the phone.

With ActiveSync and IMAP, you do not get a copy of the email on your phone. You are seeing the email on the server. This is why when you delete it, it goes away from every system you sync that account on. You technically can't delete it from your phone but leave it on the server or vise-versa because there is only one message, the one on the server. Some systems allow you to delete from the phone but not the server even with ActiveSync and IMAP. The way they do that is, they hide that message on the phone. It is still there, it just doesn't display.
    OK , I understand now
    I am using AOL and Yahoo, which I guess are IMAP. I have Thunderbird on my laptop. So what i been doing is saving all emails that are of need to folders on my laptop and then deleting on Thunderbird. Which is a PIA. The old way was nice.

Now I understand how it all works, I appreciate it. No real fix for my situation I guess?
    06-21-13 08:52 AM
    OK , I understand now
    I am using AOL and Yahoo, which I guess are IMAP. I have Thunderbird on my laptop. So what i been doing is saving all emails that are of need to folders on my laptop and then deleting on Thunderbird. Which is a PIA. The old way was nice.

Now I understand how it all works, I appreciate it. No real fix for my situation I guess?
    You could, in theory, switch to POP3 for your accounts. However, you give up push because POP3 does not support push (for those who are burning to jump in an tell me push was supported with BIS, I know). One thing you could do is setup a rule on the AOL and Yahoo accounts, if they support that, to copy every message that comes in to a folder. That way you would have a copy that is untouched. You will need to clean out that folder manually if you want to.
    06-21-13 09:01 AM
    Just checked and see no update here... I hope that it comes through later today!

Posted via CB10
    06-21-13 09:08 AM
    I saw the update this morning, downloaded and started installing. Last time I checked the install progress, it was around 90% complete. I checked it again and it was sitting at the Software Updates screen still stating that I have 10.0.10.116. I restarted and power cycled which did not help. I guess the install never completed and now after checking for updates, I get "You have the latest software" which we all know is a lie. Anyone else have this issue?
    06-21-13 09:08 AM
    St. Louis, Missouri. 09:00. No update yet.

Posted via CB10
    sonyfever likes this.
    06-21-13 09:09 AM
    No update yet in Kansas City. I was on leak .2342 which had been working great, but I want to test the official release version because that's what our users will be using. I already downgraded this morning and now just waiting.....
    06-21-13 09:15 AM
    You could, in theory, switch to POP3 for your accounts. However, you give up push because POP3 does not support push (for those who are burning to jump in an tell me push was supported with BIS, I know). One thing you could do is setup a rule on the AOL and Yahoo accounts, if they support that, to copy every message that comes in to a folder. That way you would have a copy that is untouched. You will need to clean out that folder manually if you want to.
    I wouldnt have an issues cleaning that folder out if I could set it up that way. My thing is having so many emails on the Z10, I like to reply to them , then delete , keep thing tidy on it.

Do you know where I can find instruction to set the saved folder up?

I do appreciate your info on this. It cleared up questions I had.
    bbrygrrl likes this.
    06-21-13 09:17 AM
    I have a feeling they pulled the update? Maybe they jumped the gun?

Because I did see it, went to update and now shows I have latest software also.
    06-21-13 09:18 AM
    I have a feeling they pulled the update? Maybe they jumped the gun?

Because I did see it, went to update and now shows I have latest software also.
    Doubtful. Just give it some time, it should be available today at some point
    06-21-13 09:29 AM
    I saw the update this morning, downloaded and started installing. Last time I checked the install progress, it was around 90% complete. I checked it again and it was sitting at the Software Updates screen still stating that I have 10.0.10.116. I restarted and power cycled which did not help. I guess the install never completed and now after checking for updates, I get "You have the latest software" which we all know is a lie. Anyone else have this issue?
    Wow. Seriously? You have zero patience. You should have waited. It took mine about 6-7 mins of waiting at the 98% mark before it finally completed.

via CB10 (BB Z10 : BLK : OS 10.1) [ Follow me @EHZAY for BB News & Tech Updates ]
    06-21-13 09:45 AM
    Update did not work, downloaded and installed but then nothing happened, I even rebooted but still showing 10.0.10.116!! WTF???

Posted via CB10
    06-21-13 09:50 AM
    7:54 Fresno County in California. No update.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-13 09:55 AM
    Don't know what's worse:
    Waiting forever for an update Vs Getting one that doesn't work and then gets pulled!!
    06-21-13 10:03 AM
    Does anyone know if by updating I will loose my current android ported apps ??

Posted via CB10
    I updated, you will not lose your side loads.

Posted via CB10 using my flick-ity keyboard .
    06-21-13 10:04 AM
    Does anyone know if by updating I will loose my current android ported apps ??

Posted via CB10
    Updating over the air will not get rid of your side loaded apps. As it is a non destructive install.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-13 10:07 AM
    We just got trolled by AT&T

From zeTEN
    06-21-13 10:10 AM
    Wow. Seriously? You have zero patience. You should have waited. It took mine about 6-7 mins of waiting at the 98% mark before it finally completed.

via CB10 (BB Z10 : BLK : OS 10.1) [ Follow me @EHZAY for BB News & Tech Updates ]
    I bet my update took an hour total... works great
    06-21-13 10:31 AM
    I think you misunderstood. I saw it at 90 something percent and when I looked at it again several minutes later, it was sitting on the Software Updates screen and appeared as if nothing happened. I didn't restart the device while it was still installing.
    06-21-13 10:31 AM
    It's about damn time for you guys

Posted via CB10
    EsJayDee and aming63 like this.
    06-21-13 10:39 AM
    I love living in FL... Heat win, 10.1 releases for the Z10 on AT&T... It's a beautiful day!!!
    HEAT.

Z10? Why yes it is.
    06-21-13 10:42 AM
    I think you misunderstood. I saw it at 90 something percent and when I looked at it again several minutes later, it was sitting on the Software Updates screen and appeared as if nothing happened. I didn't restart the device while it was still installing.
    Very strange.

06-21-13 10:44 AM
    Ok, has anyone that successfully got the 10.1 update figured out yet how to turn off the annoying on-screen gesture help animations?
    06-21-13 10:54 AM
    I pretty much got shafted this morning too. Found update available at 8:00a EST, updated. When everything was complete and rebooted, software update said something about 'software update was interrupted, please try again'. Couldn't clear it so I restored the phone, now it's still showing up as 10.0.10.116.

I'll just wait until things are actually stable later on in the day lol
    06-21-13 10:55 AM
153 12345 ...