MS shows clearly that Office 365 will Sync with Blackberry's via a partnership with Blackberry Cloud Services. I just tried to sign up and was directed to the Beta Zone where an Office 365 program was not offered. Link will also not sync with Outlook. What gives. That is a must for small business who do not have BES services. Any one have any ideas?
    02-16-13 10:14 AM
    Apparently you still need Active Sync with BES 10.....something we didn't know and now are paying the price since the z10's are not working properly with Active Sync....
    02-16-13 11:59 AM
    02-16-13 12:14 PM
    Thanks for the link. ActiveSync will only push email for Blackberry's when you read the content on the link so back to square one. The MS sales pages are apparently not correct in relation to the Z10 which is pretty irresponsible. Any other ideas? This will really hurt Z10 sales when it becomes widely known
    02-16-13 03:45 PM
    Thanks for the link. ActiveSync will only push email for Blackberry's when you read the content on the link so back to square one. The MS sales pages are apparently not correct in relation to the Z10 which is pretty irresponsible. Any other ideas? This will really hurt Z10 sales when it becomes widely known
    As you mentioned, the instructions that MS provided refer to legacy (Pre-BB 10) devices. Given that the new BB ecostructure is so new, It isn't too shocking that different instructions for BB10 devices aren't out there. But by switching to ActiveSync, BB10 devices have relatively the same instructions as iOS and Android devices. Trust me, ActiveSync on your Z10 will rival what BES did in the past when you set it up properly. The majority of mobile users out there today are using it.

Did you try the setup that Superfly_FR suggested? As he mentioned, a sticky should probably be set up so that others can see these instructions.
    02-16-13 05:20 PM
    Yes and lo and behold calendar contacts and Notes synced so the published info on both the MS and Microsoft site must be out of date. Thanks for your help
    02-17-13 06:27 PM
    I am a office 365 user and there is active sync that works perfectly. What is missing at this time is BES 10. For the average consumer such as myself, active sync is perfect. When I got my z10 I added my O365 account and all my calendars contacts and email were synced in minutes. Tasks too.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-13 06:54 PM
    What did you use for the sever address and other settings on the Z10's Exchange setup screen?
    02-21-13 03:15 PM
    Apparently you still need Active Sync with BES 10.....something we didn't know and now are paying the price since the z10's are not working properly with Active Sync....
    They work fine with Activesync...it's the USB syncing with Outloook that doesn't yet work, although they (BBRY) posted a letter on their site saying it would - soon.
    02-21-13 03:29 PM
    I am a office 365 user and there is active sync that works perfectly. What is missing at this time is BES 10. For the average consumer such as myself, active sync is perfect. When I got my z10 I added my O365 account and all my calendars contacts and email were synced in minutes. Tasks too.

Posted via CB10
    BES10 is not missing - it's out there and it works as intended.
    02-21-13 03:30 PM
    What did you use for the sever address and other settings on the Z10's Exchange setup screen?
    Nothing I needed to do at all.
    All I needed was to enter my email address and password and the phone figured out everything else. Worked immediately.
    02-21-13 03:35 PM
    Sweet, I am going log into my console right now, I will post my findings.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-13 04:38 PM
    Sweet, I am going log into my console right now, I will post my findings.
    I could not find BES10 in my Office 365 control panel. Are you sure it is out already? BES is there and it worked fine on my 9790, but I cannot activate my Z.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-13 10:40 PM
    Nothing I needed to do at all.
    All I needed was to enter my email address and password and the phone figured out everything else. Worked immediately.
    Ditto. I have been using Office365 for a year+ with my Bold 9900 and PlayBook and the switch to Z10 was absolutely seemless. Just entered my email addy and password and it figured out the rest. If you need to enter the server address manually it is usually m.outlook.com. Also try going into Web outlook and check the properties there and use that address if m.outlook.com doesn't work.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-13 10:53 PM
    I also believe that for Office365 users the terminology is "BAS" (BlackBerry 'Administration' Service) as opposed to "BES" (BlackBerry Enterprise Server). Or maybe you are all talking about something else....

Posted via CB10
    andyj1967 and fairfaxnut like this.
    02-21-13 10:58 PM
    @FBA, hopefully you sill see this. I cannot figure out how to get BES10 working in Office 365. I have followed this help in this article: KB33522-How to setup an Microsoft Office 365 account on BlackBerry 10. Maybe I don't have the right version of BlackBerry Device Service. I had BES working fine for my O365 account on my 9790. From the KB:

For adding the account via the BlackBerry Device Service follow the steps below:

Select Profiles under BlackBerry Solution Management (this is what I don't see)
    Click Create an email profile
    Enter an appropriate name and select Active Sync for the type
    Follow step 8 from above to obtain the server name
    Click Save
    Click on Manage users
    Click on the BlackBerry smartphone user
    Select the Email profiles tab
    Select Edit user
    Click the drop down box and select the correct email profile
    Click Save all
    Inform the user to enroll the BlackBerry
    02-22-13 08:18 AM
    I'm hope I'm not hijacking the thread here, but I didn't have to do any of the above to get both me and my business partner up and running with our Z10s on Office365. Did I miss something that I should have done? Am I missing out on some of the functionality available if I didn't do any of that?

Posted via CB10
    02-22-13 11:39 AM
    I don't think any of the Office365 plans include BES10 at the moment.

But I think it will be included in some of the plans in the future.
    02-22-13 12:37 PM
    Whilst ActiveSynch does indeed work and emails etc get synchronised, without BES10 and Enterprise Activation there is no way to take advangate of the work/personal separation fetaures (BlackBerry Balance)which is an integral feature of the Z10. At least, none that I have found!
    Last edited by Dave Churchill; 03-18-13 at 01:02 AM.
    03-18-13 12:34 AM