Has anyone found a way to sync ALL Gmail folders on the Z10? I know you can setup to sync folders, but there is no way to sync the All Mail folder from what I can see. I would like to be able to view all my filed mail on my Z10 but as it is now, you can only view filed messages in folders, hence if a message isn't labeled it won't show if you move it out of the inbox. Any ideas?
    02-12-13 06:32 AM
    Has anyone found a way to sync ALL Gmail folders on the Z10? I know you can setup to sync folders, but there is no way to sync the All Mail folder from what I can see. I would like to be able to view all my filed mail on my Z10 but as it is now, you can only view filed messages in folders, hence if a message isn't labeled it won't show if you move it out of the inbox. Any ideas?
    Did you integrate using EAS or using IMAP? Did you check in Gmail's Settings that the "All Mail" label is set to be shown? Thanks.

PS: I think it is only supported on IMAP, BTW.
    Pyrad likes this.
    02-12-13 06:39 AM
    I'm using EAS - the All Mail folder is greyed out under Folder Settings so I can't select it to sync.
    02-12-13 06:41 AM
    I'm using EAS - the All Mail folder is greyed out under Folder Settings so I can't select it to sync.
    I mean in Settings in Gmail's web interface under Labels and in the IMAP column.

If you're integrated using EAS, then it probably won't work. I really do believe you must be using IMAP for this. "All Mail" is one of the unique features of Gmail that goes counter to how mailboxes normally work and I think Google only implemented tricks to accommodate this in IMAP, not EAS.
    Pyrad likes this.
    02-12-13 06:51 AM
    Lame. Makes sense but still lame

Thanks!
    02-12-13 07:18 AM
    I thought I would bring this up.

I have everything setup on IMAP, but I cannot see/view or sent to sync the All Mail Folder.

I would love to go back to ActiveSync but can't until the calendar bug is fixed
    02-28-13 03:55 PM
    You need to set the option on the Gmail side to display/sync the "All Mail" folder.

And depending on which Gmail "calendar bug" you are referring to, the recent 10.0.10.58 Z10 software bundle probably fixes that too.
    03-01-13 03:33 AM
    You need to set the option on the Gmail side to display/sync the "All Mail" folder.

And depending on which Gmail "calendar bug" you are referring to, the recent 10.0.10.58 Z10 software bundle probably fixes that too.
    Where does one find said option?
    03-01-13 05:42 AM
    Agreed

I have my Al mail turned on for imap
    03-01-13 07:44 AM
    Where does one find said option?
    I am not sure this is the correct menu for the current version of Gmail, but should give an idea:

Sync All Mail folder on Z10?-all-mail-imap.jpg
    03-01-13 08:29 AM
    Bear in mind that the sheer size of a folder like that can cause syncing issues.

Known IMAP issues - Gmail Help

Recommended IMAP client settings - Gmail Help
    03-01-13 08:35 AM
    Hello folks,

Google Apps for Business user here, wanted to get this All Mail folder synced on the BB10 platform but did not have any luck as well.

IMAP: sync does not work with some Gmail's system folders (Spam, Trash, Chat & All Mail)
    EAS: Gmail folders are syncing except for All Mail and Trash, visible but cannot be synced (greyed out). Note that the Chat folder does not appear at all.

Sync All Mail folder on Z10?-bb10-sync.png

The issue here is that you can configure an iPhone with EAS and you can see the All Mail folder and its content. So I would think that the issue does not come from Google's way of handling the EAS protocol but more a BB10 OS issue.

Note that I was not able to test with the actual device but with BB10 dev Alpha Simulator (v10.0.10.261)

Let me know if you find a solution, I have also sent a Tweet to @BlackBerryHelp
    03-14-13 11:31 AM
    IMAP: sync does not work with some Gmail's system folders (Spam, Trash, Chat & All Mail)
    EAS: Gmail folders are syncing except for All Mail and Trash, visible but cannot be synced (greyed out). Note that the Chat folder does not appear at all.

The issue here is that you can configure an iPhone with EAS and you can see the All Mail folder and its content. So I would think that the issue does not come from Google's way of handling the EAS protocol but more a BB10 OS issue.

Actually the exact details of any particular EAS implementation are up to the vendor. I don't know why in this particular case you are not able to sync those folders, but I do know that Google's products have a lot of idiosyncracies specific to them, and if other vendors don't make special exceptions to account for those things oftentimes won't interoperate with them.

When I get my Z10 later this month I'll be in a better position to test that stuff.

Note that I was not able to test with the actual device but with BB10 dev Alpha Simulator (v10.0.10.261)

Are you saying that this "problem" was only based on playing around with an emulator and not an actual device?

I'd say that would be a bit of a false alarm if you haven't actually tested this on a real device.

Case in point: some syncing issues with Google were resolved in recent firmware updates to the Z10 that would not be reflected in that old emulator.
    03-14-13 03:26 PM
    Anyone sort this out? Would still love to get my All Mail folder to sync but I haven't been able to get it work unfortunately.
    03-15-13 05:20 PM
    Anyone sort this out? Would still love to get my All Mail folder to sync but I haven't been able to get it work unfortunately.
    I can't even find any documentation or screenshots of the IMAP/EAS settings screens on Blackberry 10, so I wish I could help. That will change when VZW finally gets off their *ss and starts shipping Z10's.

Are you saying you can subscribe to any Gmail folder except those? Perhaps they intentionally blocked them because the default 30-day "initial retrieval" setting in BB10 for IMAP is sort of incompatible by default with a folder that inevitably contains a massive amount of messages going back forever?

I would actually love it if you could post a screenshot or 2 of the BB10 screen where you subscribe to IMAP/EAS folders. I've never seen that anywhere yet.
    03-15-13 05:32 PM
    Finally found a site that has a screenshot of that BB10 folder subscription page, but it's in German.

HowTo Sync Accounts | ekkes words

(Edit: Doh! I just realized someone posted a screenshot of the folder subscription screen earlier in this thread. Hehehe.. oops!)
    Last edited by Omnitech; 03-15-13 at 06:00 PM.
    03-15-13 05:40 PM
    At least one server vendor seems to think that the Z10's IMAP and EAS implementation has various "issues":

Bug/Issue - Blackberry Z10 IMAP | SmarterTools Forums
    03-15-13 06:03 PM
    I can't even find any documentation or screenshots of the IMAP/EAS settings screens on Blackberry 10, so I wish I could help. That will change when VZW finally gets off their *ss and starts shipping Z10's.

Are you saying you can subscribe to any Gmail folder except those? Perhaps they intentionally blocked them because the default 30-day "initial retrieval" setting in BB10 for IMAP is sort of incompatible by default with a folder that inevitably contains a massive amount of messages going back forever?

I would actually love it if you could post a screenshot or 2 of the BB10 screen where you subscribe to IMAP/EAS folders. I've never seen that anywhere yet.
    Here you go. Very simple, no granular options. This is actually picking up Gmail labels -- not actual folders.
    Sync All Mail folder on Z10?-fts01.jpgSync All Mail folder on Z10?-fts02.jpg

When in an email account, a tap on the account name brings up the option of folders that can be searched/filed to. Inbox, Outbox, Sent, Drafts and Trash are added. Note that I cannot access the trash folder.:
    Sync All Mail folder on Z10?-ecm01.jpg

I think that we may be missing a simple setting somewhere, or BBRY needs to revisit IMAP access. I find it frustrating that the company-issued iPhone I have to carry does IMAP so much better.
    Attached Thumbnails Sync All Mail folder on Z10?-fts01.jpg   Sync All Mail folder on Z10?-fts02.jpg  
    03-17-13 03:57 PM
    Here you go. Very simple, no granular options. This is actually picking up Gmail labels -- not actual folders.

So I guess what you're saying w/ those screenshots is that if you select "Sync all folders", neither "All Mail" or "Trash" is included in the list of synced folders.

Just to be thorough because I don't know if you read the previous post about it, you have both the Trash and "All Mail" labels set on the Gmail side to be "visible in IMAP", correct?
    03-18-13 01:07 AM
    If you use imap and have all mail set to be visible in the Gmail settings on a computer then that causes another issue. Any time you delete an email it isn't actually deleted it actually goes to the "All Mail" label (cuz it technically doesn't have any labels)

If you want to be able to delete emails and have them go to the trash label then you have to disable all mail label from Gmail settings in imap and disable the auto expunge thing and choose the 2nd option.

I don't use the all mail label as a way to archive. I actually made an archive label. So when I delete I want it deleted not sent to limbo as I call it lol

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 02:11 AM
    So when I delete I want it deleted not sent to limbo as I call it lol
    I was under the impression that there was no way to actually, truly "delete" an email with Gmail.

Or is that only true if you don't change the settings with regards to where "deleted" messages go?

Google has a very very strong incentive to NOT allow true deletions, because that email content, which they data-mine and use for targeting advertising as well as developing various statistical models, is the foundation of the Gmail business model, as it is with most Google products.
    03-18-13 11:13 AM
    So I guess what you're saying w/ those screenshots is that if you select "Sync all folders", neither "All Mail" or "Trash" is included in the list of synced folders.

Just to be thorough because I don't know if you read the previous post about it, you have both the Trash and "All Mail" labels set on the Gmail side to be "visible in IMAP", correct?
    Correct -- I have both set to be visible. Both are available on my iPhone (via IMAP).
    03-18-13 11:23 AM
    Correct -- I have both set to be visible. Both are available on my iPhone (via IMAP).
    Thanks. So at this point it is certainly looking like either an idiosyncracy in the BB10 implementaiton, or some proprietary aspect of Gmail (there are many) which Blackberry has to include to make it more compatible with how they do things, even though it may not be part of the IMAP standard per-se.
    03-18-13 11:35 AM
    I was under the impression that there was no way to actually, truly "delete" an email with Gmail.

Or is that only true if you don't change the settings with regards to where "deleted" messages go?

Google has a very very strong incentive to NOT allow true deletions, because that email content, which they data-mine and use for targeting advertising as well as developing various statistical models, is the foundation of the Gmail business model, as it is with most Google products.
    you can truly "delete" with Gmail
    mark it with the "trash" label by choosing delete on a computer and you can see it no longer shows up under "all mail", its only visible when you click "trash"

then i believe 30days later it automatically purges the trash label
    or you can manually go into the trash label and select the emails and choose "delete forever" (or along those lines) and its purged instantly

//edit
    see this thread here
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...5/#post8086904

and check out the link i posted in the above linked thread (my posts in that linked thread outline my realization of the problem and what steps i took to have emails actually be deleted from the z10 instead of sent to limbo/"all mail" label...which is technically emails without a label)
    03-18-13 04:18 PM
    Thanks for the Gmail info. I think I have an account with them but I rarely use it.
    03-18-13 04:24 PM
47 12