Since me of you who already have the Z10 could you tell me how you are enjoying the option of swiping between your Business and Personal apps.
    I remember seeing this briefly on one the videos here but have not really seen an info on how this is done or to what what extent.
    In the video it looked like you can be on a screen that has all your business apps and tools then if you wish you could simply swipe to see are your personal apps, games etc.
    I am wondering also can you have separate media folders when you do this. What I mean is can I pictures for work and save them on the Z10 separately from my personal pictures.
    Hope I explained that in a way that is understandable lol

Can't wait to hear about your findings.
    02-12-13 08:50 PM
    I have my z10 pretty much set to personal with access to my company email, contacts and calendar events. So to be honest the only thing I see as a benefit, would be if you worked in a government setting that really needed to restrict the device for security.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-12-13 08:58 PM
    You need to be running BES10 to set that up.
    02-12-13 08:59 PM
    Since me of you who already have the Z10 could you tell me how you are enjoying the option of swiping between your Business and Personal apps.
    I remember seeing this briefly on one the videos here but have not really seen an info on how this is done or to what what extent.
    In the video it looked like you can be on a screen that has all your business apps and tools then if you wish you could simply swipe to see are your personal apps, games etc.
    I am wondering also can you have separate media folders when you do this. What I mean is can I pictures for work and save them on the Z10 separately from my personal pictures.
    Hope I explained that in a way that is understandable lol

Can't wait to hear about your findings.
    yes you can. unfortunately screen shots default to work mode so i cant send you pics but it does. also you can lock work mode so that if i give my phone off to people, they cant send emails via my work email
    02-12-13 09:00 PM
    So are you on BES when you do that?
    02-12-13 09:15 PM
    The other great feature is the Blackberry Work Drives app which provides access to all work related network drives. Basically makes working on the go completely practical as you have full access to all work files.

As noted above, we also run bes10 in the more open settings as noted in earlier post. Because of that, tend not to go into the work side too often.
    02-12-13 09:19 PM
    I have my z10 pretty much set to personal with access to my company email, contacts and calendar events. So to be honest the only thing I see as a benefit, would be if you worked in a government setting that really needed to restrict the device for security.

It is not only government. And it is not only the security you think of. In "Work" mode you also get a selection of apps that are not otherwise available or you would have to pay for them separately. You get the freedom to do whatever you want in "Personal" without causing grief to your employer - you're not restricted there or affected by employer's policies.

02-12-13 09:22 PM
    If there is no way of doing this other than being set up for BES I will be disappointed.
    My BB is my own phone and mainly for personal use but I do use it a lot for my work. Was hoping to have a few apps, picture files, and email on one passwords screen and then just be able to swipe over to a personal screen with games, browser, apps etc on another screen. I think this was a major feature in helping to bring BlackBerry forward from just a business tool to a complete all in one
    If there is no way of doing this other than being set up for BES I will be disappointed.
    My BB is my own phone and mainly for personal use but I do use it a lot for my work. Was hoping to have a few apps, picture files, and email on one passwords screen and then just be able to swipe over to a personal screen with games, browser, apps etc on another screen. I think this was a major feature in helping to bring BlackBerry forward from just a business tool to a complete all in one
    If you need this feature, you will need to have BES 10. BlackBerry Balance is among the enhanced features that are only available to users with a premium product subscription as part of BES 10.

You need to be running BES10 to set that up.
    This is correct. Please see this thread for more and to continue discussion about BlackBerry Balance in an already existing thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...no-bes-770846/
    craigs likes this.
    Thanks for bringing that thread to my attention. I was not aware this process was called BB Balance.
    02-12-13 09:30 PM
    There is no reason really to have to do the work/personal thing if aren't really going to fire yourself. It is protection for me when it comes to my employees devices. It protects their personal stuff from work and lets me wipe out their work side if they quit or I fire them. Just password your device. Who cares if it is just your device whether it is work or personal. Use folders to separate things just like on a computer. You have a work and personal login on your computer?
    02-12-13 09:32 PM
    I just like to keep things organized.
    02-12-13 09:50 PM
    Use folders for pictures. Email accounts for email. Etc etc....
    Or...spend 100 a year for yourself and install BES on a computer.
    02-12-13 09:54 PM