Have you guys seen the "Dark Background" available for the calendar and contacts? I am sure Crackberry has covered this in months or years past but I am fairly new to BlackBerry 10.

I was trying to change some settings in my contact section by swiping down with the contacts already opened. There is a separate settings option. I clicked on it and the first option is "Dark Background" and I thought what the heck is that. Tried it and it looks so much classier and for me easier to read. You got to try it.

For the calendar do the same thing. Open up you calendar and swipe down from the top. Pick this settings and then pick General and the change to "Dark Background". Again it is so much easier to read.

Will probably save on battery life too.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 11:52 AM
    Though very good looking, on a LCD panel like the Z10's, black takes more battery to produce than white. So you end up taking more battery than normal.

Posted via CB10
    syah iejam likes this.
    07-05-14 12:41 PM
    Good you found that but that feature has been there since 10.2.1
    07-05-14 12:41 PM
    I thought the black use less battery ?
    07-05-14 01:01 PM
    I thought the black use less battery ?
    With LCD screens it doesn't matter if its dark or light, if they are on they're consuming the same amount of power.

10.3.0.296 on ZedOneZero
    07-05-14 01:14 PM
    With LCD screens it doesn't matter if its dark or light, if they are on they're consuming the same amount of power.

10.3.0.296 on ZedOneZero
    With amoled however, blacks use less batt while white use more batt.

Posted via My Awesome Z10 | Follow me on Twitter @angelesrobby
    07-05-14 01:16 PM
    I cannot get this to work. Ive set my contacts to dark background 3 times and closed an reopened the app. The app will not save my settings and still appears white. It works for my calendar but I cannot change the calendar color so its all too dark.
    07-05-14 01:24 PM
    I cannot get this to work. Ive set my contacts to dark background 3 times and closed an reopened the app. The app will not save my settings and still appears white. It works for my calendar but I cannot change the calendar color so its all too dark.
    Contacts dark background doesn't work on mine either, I'm using 10.3.0.4xx btw. If you're using dev os, don't expect everything to work as it should be.

Posted via My Awesome Z10 | Follow me on Twitter @angelesrobby
    07-05-14 01:59 PM
    I use the black background options they look great on my white Z10...I'm waiting for a black hub option hopefully!

My Z10 Whiteout
    syah iejam likes this.
    07-05-14 08:02 PM