Sudden death of battery to Zero percent-img_20140923_180117.png

I was on call on my Z10, when the battery percentage was more than 30 percent.

After the call, when I saw, it was red, and fallen to Zero percent.

I think Z10 is not at all a Reliable set.

BlackBerry plz maintain ur goodness else u will also loose 0.5 percent market share.
    09-23-14 11:35 AM
    I think a couple of things can go into this issue. How long was the call? What else was running on your phone at the time....in active frames and headless?
    09-23-14 12:20 PM
    I am also in the same problem and today is the second time happening! My battery is at 54% and all of a sudden phone is dead when I plug in power it gives the dead red battery! What's going on?

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 01:04 PM
    Me too..having d same problem..but shown percentage at 11.then it shutsdown...plzz help...is this os problem or battery?? anyone..plz reply

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 01:44 PM
    I think a couple of things can go into this issue. How long was the call? What else was running on your phone at the time....in active frames and headless?
    Call was for 10 min. Nothing was running behind.

Only issue can be that I had charged the ph from car charger in car, and battery went from 15-40 percent.

Then after the call, sudden death.
    09-24-14 12:28 AM
    Same here on stl100-1 such a dumb incident

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 02:30 AM
    I've had similar issues recently, it seems to be tied to the android runtime, as it takes forever to load even long-time compatible apps (if it succeeds at all). Another issue perhaps is if you are low on storage, something I intensely dislike is the mere 16GB of RAM which will include app storage, execution and the swap files for execution. My 'device storage low' comes on around 1.1 GB free space and the device starts to really crap out if I get below 800 MB. Ongoing monitoring functions for cell connectivity and the various pieces of the hub notification infrastructure start to try and maintain a high cycle rate and lack room to properly process all these events, which means the CPU starts working harder.
    And if you have a high rate set on syncing your email, facebook, twitter and cloud storage areas then this is going to work even harder. When a high demand resource is being used, it makes it even worse.

I also feel that there are some background issues now with some of these upgraded apps for OS 10.3xx compatibility, that if you or your carrier are still on the 10.2xxx build series there are some background tweaks that degrade performance until the update to the new builds comes about....

Mostly a WAG, but still, somethings to consider. We'll see once 10.3 launches about the last guess.
    09-24-14 08:03 AM
    I've had similar issues recently, it seems to be tied to the android runtime, as it takes forever to load even long-time compatible apps (if it succeeds at all). Another issue perhaps is if you are low on storage, something I intensely dislike is the mere 16GB of RAM which will include app storage, execution and the swap files for execution. My 'device storage low' comes on around 1.1 GB free space and the device starts to really crap out if I get below 800 MB. Ongoing monitoring functions for cell connectivity and the various pieces of the hub notification infrastructure start to try and maintain a high cycle rate and lack room to properly process all these events, which means the CPU starts working harder.
    And if you have a high rate set on syncing your email, facebook, twitter and cloud storage areas then this is going to work even harder. When a high demand resource is being used, it makes it even worse.

I also feel that there are some background issues now with some of these upgraded apps for OS 10.3xx compatibility, that if you or your carrier are still on the 10.2xxx build series there are some background tweaks that degrade performance until the update to the new builds comes about....

Mostly a WAG, but still, somethings to consider. We'll see once 10.3 launches about the last guess.
    There is no such specific thing which ur telling.

I am selling this Idiotic phone.

Bye bye Z10
    09-25-14 02:14 AM
    Now, let me ask you several questions:
    How long have you been used your Z10 battery? Do you often let the battery completely drains out until zero percent and/or reaching the red zone? Do you often charge the battery for less than 15 minutes per charging?
    If the answer is yes, yes, and yes for the last 3 questions, you might want to check the battery health.

I've been using my z10 for 1 year, and experienced the same problem with you. Lately the battery served me for only about 8-12 hours max, and when it reached 20%, sometimes it survives to see the thin red line, but sometimes it just drop dead, and there's nothing gorgeous about that.

So I was asking my friend who is a smartphone expert (selling, repairing, even the hard kind of repair such as iPhone screen etc.) and that were the questions he asked me. And the answer is yes to the last three. So he said, your battery is as good as dead, the negative anode went bad.

Then I replaced the battery, now using a battery made in Japan named Hippo Power with 2350 mAh made specially for Z10 compared to standard BlackBerry Z10 battery LS-1 1800mAh. And I am more than happy to tell you that, the battery life is significantly better. It serves me around 14-18 hours in one charge with a full day use of BBM, WhatsApp, emailing, reading news (and Crackberry for sure). And I love my Z10 even more now (naked without casing, only using original BlackBerry Z10 leather holster)

My Z10 is STL100-1, running 10.2.1.2977
    09-25-14 02:55 AM
    Now, let me ask you several questions:
    How long have you been using your Z10 battery? Do you often let the battery completely drains out until zero percent and/or reaching the red zone? Do you often charge the battery for less than 15 minutes per charging?
    If the answer is yes, yes, and yes for the last 3 questions, you might want to check the battery health.

I've been using my z10 for 1 year, and experienced the same problem with you. Lately the battery served me for only about 8-12 hours max, and when it reached 20%, sometimes it survives to see the thin red line, but sometimes it just drop dead, and there's nothing gorgeous about that.

So I was asking my friend who is a smartphone expert (selling, repairing, even the hard kind of repair such as iPhone screen etc.) and that were the questions he asked me. And the answer is yes to the last three. So he said, your battery is as good as dead, the negative anode went bad.

Then I replaced the battery, now using a battery made in Japan named Hippo Power with 2350 mAh made specially for Z10 compared to standard BlackBerry Z10 battery LS-1 1800mAh. And I am more than happy to tell you that, the battery life is significantly better. It serves me around 14-18 hours in one charge with a full day use of BBM, WhatsApp, emailing, reading news (and Crackberry for sure). And I love my Z10 even more now (naked without casing, only using original BlackBerry Z10 leather holster)

My Z10 is STL100-1, running 10.2.1.2977
    09-25-14 03:05 AM
    I am also in the same problem and today is the second time happening! My battery is at 54% and all of a sudden phone is dead when I plug in power it gives the dead red battery! What's going on?

Posted via CB10
    check active frame and turn off .load OS.10.2.2.1531 battery
    life span is well working . mine Z10/STL2
    09-25-14 03:29 AM