Hello,

I'm updating to 1.10.0.1762 on my newly acquired Z10.

I have a Mac so I've installed Parallels for having Windows and being able to install the OS.

I've run the auto .exe loader, but it's been stuck on "Uploading RAM Image 0x80238984" for more than an hour, the device is showing a green light.

Is this normal? what to do?

Tx,
    HB
    05-13-13 10:56 AM
    No, not normal. I would probably blame running Windows in the VM. If you have access to an actual Windows machine, go that route to be safe.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 11:27 AM
    Use a proper Windows computer. We have other reports that Parallels does not work for BB OS10 installs.
    05-13-13 11:33 AM
    You guys are right, it remained stuck on that screen!

I've also tried to instal VMWare, but no luck!

I don't have a close by Windows machine, guess I will have to go to the streets and start asking strangers to borrow their PCs.

Too bad there isn't a way to do this under Mac.
    05-13-13 12:38 PM
    I actually have this issue on Windows not in a VM. I have Windows 7 64-bit, and it gets stuck on Uploading RAM image and does nothing after it. I tried using Sachibar to load the OS and it loaded it, but I completely lost my Hub with it being only a black screen. The only way for me to get my Hub back was to do a factory restore over BB Link (and going back to 10.1.0.2019). And BB Link on Windows wouldn't restore the device either. I had to use BB Link on my MacBook Air to restore the phone and get my Hub back.

It sounds like there is something wrong with the way my Windows machine communicates with my Z10 over USB, but the computer is only a couple weeks old so I really can't blame the computer. It is a Haswell i7 with 16GB of RAM. I have tried using both the 3.0 and 2.0 USB ports and the same problem happens. Anyone have any ideas?
    08-04-13 10:11 AM
    Just tried again using Sachibar to load 10.2.0.1047. Same thing. It loaded, but no Hub with a black, blank screen in its place and no way to message at all. Clicking the Text Message button does nothing and no way to email either. Looks like I'm stuck on 10.1.0.2019 until someone comes up with a solution.
    08-04-13 10:45 AM
    You have to be doing something wrong. You may want to try one of the autoloader files to simplify the process.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 12:09 PM
    @ SFLBigM I had the same issue on parallels and then on windows I had the same one as you, I then rebooted my windows machine and this time it detected it no problem and got past that screen. The leak works well.
    09-04-13 09:24 PM
    Hi,

I tried loading OS 10.2 using autoloaders on two different 64 Bit Machines (Win 7 Ultimate and Home Premium) - but it got stuck on the Uploading RAM thingy.

When I used my mate's desktop (a 32 Bit OS - Win 7 Home Premium) - it sailed through.

The problem might be the java libraries or something (could be anything that the autoloader uses - just a random example with java) - that would be 64 Bit and might be causing the holdup due to some incompatibility.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Sid
    09-11-13 03:22 PM