Hello all,

I recently tried to perform a restore on my Z10-STL-003 to reset the factory settings in order to install the 10.2.1 update that ATT just released. I saved all of my info to my computer and wanted to start fresh with 10.2.1 on my device which is why I did the restore. I did this last night and figured everything was going to plan. Included is a picture of what I see. Anyways, I couldn't wait all night for this to finish (it was already two hours into the process) so I went to sleep. When I woke nothing had changed. I know this process is supposed to take some time but it has been 12 hours... I have tried resetting the phone with the top screen but it just shows the Blackberry name for a few moments and then goes right back the paper in a paper shredder icon. I tried to do a hard reset in which I held down the top button and the volume buttons but it did not work. I own a mac that is not capable of running the most updated version of BBLink (I have Mac 10.6.8) but I have the most recent version for my computer. Could this have been the issue? Any guidance at all would be wonderful. Thank you.

Blackberry Z10 STL-003
    AT&T 10.1.xxxx
    Macbook OS 10.6.8
    Blackberry Link Version 1.1.1 (Build 33)
    Attached Thumbnails Stuck on "paper shredder logo" Restore. Help would be appreciated.-photo.jpg  
    04-16-14 11:31 AM
    12 hours is too extreme. Some have reported it can take more than 6 hours.

I guess I can only suggest you try finding a friend/relative that will allow you to install the new BBLink and try upgrading from there. Or even use an Autoloader (Windows only, I believe) on their computer. Autoloaders for OS's can be found in the Leak OS subforum.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-16-14 12:15 PM
    Update: I pulled the plug on the BB and closed BBLink, then did a battery pull and left it for an hour when I went to class. Came back plugged it up and then opened BBLink and it preformed the software update and worked properly. Thanks for the response though I appreciate it.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-16-14 03:03 PM