Hello,

I am considering purchasing a device such as a Rocki to play music from my BlackBerry over my home stereo. (Rocki is a little wifi receiver that is Dlna compatible.).

Rocki has an app for android and ios that allow streaming music services on your mobile device (lastfm, etc) to be played via the Rocki on your home stereo.

I know BlackBerry has Dlna compatibility so I can display pictures on my TV or access my music files from my phone on the TV. But I am curious if your think Dlna would allow playing a streaming music service over Dlna?

I see there are apps in the app store like Media Blast which work with Dlna but they seem to be for accessing files from another device on my phone. I'm looking to run a music streaming service in my phone and play it through the Rocki.

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 01:08 PM
    If you don't get a definitive answer, I would suggest purchasing that unit from a place that accepts returns. It sounds as if it would work. You can also try downloading that Android app and see if it will install and work. SNAP (3rd party app that must be sideloaded but easy) can download from the Google store.

Or you can also use Bluetooth to feed music to a stereo. I have the BB Music Gateway that plugs into an aux jack on my stereo.
    01-25-15 11:38 PM
    Get them to demo it working in store ^^

If they get it to work, buy it...

If not, look elsewhere

Z10STL100-2/10.2.2.1531
    01-25-15 11:48 PM