My daughter's Z10 did something very strange recently. I had the latest 10.2 official version installed on her phone, and for whatever reason, it seems that password was changed. She had the picture password feature turned on, but it would not unlock, then was asking for her password. She tried three times, then stopped. The next time she checked it, it said there was only one more attempt left and it would be wiped. When I got home and looked at it, it said the same thing. I tried using BB Protect to lock the phone and change the password, of course using the password that she told me it was. That failed. I then plugged into my computer and the Z10 rebooted and started the wiping procedure. I immediately took the memory card and let it do it's thing. Several hours later, it came back up like it was a brand new device. I decided to go ahead and put the latest 10.3 on it, and so far it seems to be working fine.

I seriously doubt that it was hacked, and I think it may have been a glitch with the picture password stuff, but I've never seen anything like that, nor have I seen it mentioned in the forums before. Any thoughts?
    01-19-15 09:59 AM
    yes it has been mentioned in the forums before. If you have the picture password enabled and it doesn't work, I have seen people lose all 10 attempts to input the worded password. One of the reasons I am not using a picture password. Can't remember who this happened to but I have seen it before. Also I have had the phone wipe before on me. You get a brand new clean install, correct. This was on my Z10 as well.
    01-19-15 10:12 AM
    Yes, do see this coming up occasionally. At first assumed it was just people forgetting their passwords, but now seems to be a glitch.
    01-19-15 10:21 AM
    USUALLY, if you don't complete the PICTURE password successfully, it will offer access via the SIMPLE password, that is the 4-digit number required to even setup Picture Password. (although, too many folks forget their simple password if they have not used it in a while).

But, I, too, have read where folks have gone straight to WIPE. So, possibly a glitch!!!
    01-19-15 01:24 PM
    Thank you for the replies. I suggested to her to avoid using the picture password after reading these.
    01-19-15 02:54 PM
    Actually, I should have included that I've been successfully using Picture Password for quite a while on my Z10. Occasionally, the number grid would not move but turning it on/off usually solved that issue. I've only had the Z30 for about a week and have been using it without issue. I'm on a 10.3.1.1949 leak.
    01-19-15 03:24 PM
    I have experienced a little different bug with picture password - black screen (no picture) and a numbers grid. Don't remember what OS version. Using PIN now, good enough.
    01-19-15 06:58 PM