I was watching a cool like story on NHL.com tonight that was done with Story Maker. What a fun app and what a great little plus for the Z10. I have used it quite a bit myself but I can't say I have much talent for these videos. I think that BlackBerry should be featuring this app in their marketing because I think it is one of the best elements to the device right now. It is to be hoped that it only gets better with new features un future upgrades. Even now though I think it is a winner.

Anyone else using it?

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 12:30 AM
    Yep i used them during my island hopping vacation. Brings a lot of fun and or drama with the pics and vids.

Problem is just the music length pretty much dictates how long you should make the story

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 12:40 AM
    It is awesome!
    Only one minus is the fact that you cannot share because of the law.
    Made an awesome video when the tour of flanders passed here.
    Atentozedten likes this.
    04-05-13 12:49 AM
    super cool app i agree..

also agree on the music problem...

there are no options to replay, fade in out, switch songs in the video.. it just replays the one track repeatedly if the video is longer than the music.

other than that.. really cool features... i love how it usually guesses which photos to put together.. and how you can re arrange.. and tap to modify the cropping/ panning and zooming of specific photos.. or if a video.. which points to start/stop..

would be useful if there advanced features were taught in a tutorial like mode.. or have a help button somewhere..

but it's the best "story" making app out there.. beats the rest on iphone too.. which is cool for me.. cos they all get frustrated when my z10 has a better native app then their iphonys!

plus its FREE

haha

thank you BBRY!
    04-05-13 12:52 AM
    I don't know. I like final cut pro X better

Posted via CB10
    oh yeah.. one more thing.. i simply LOVE the default themes... but i wish we had some control over customizing theme settings... and MORE themes!!!
    i'll go check it out! thank you!

I don't know. I like final cut pro X better

Posted via CB10
    R Field likes this.
    04-05-13 12:54 AM
    just checked it out..

that's a full fledged video editor for the Mac platform!! LOL

of course that's better!!

but for a no fuss, no experience... Story Maker produces pretty high quality videos...

personally, I use Sony Vegas Pro alot on the PC platform...

but when i started playing around with story maker... I just felt so silly going through all the hassel and editing... putting together holiday videos.. LOL now i load all on my z10 and mess around with Story Maker..

If there is a need though.. i can always re-edit on sony vegas..

04-05-13 12:57 AM
    I just got back from a vacation in Maui with the family and I used Story Maker to make three short videos of the kids playing on the beach and ziplining. I loved having the "Stories" done and uploaded to YouTube even before I got back from the vacation. Sooooooo much better than recording, then transferring to a computer, and then doing the editing, etc. For making quick, simple, fun videos, it really can't be beat. Very glad they included this with the OS.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 01:11 AM
    It is awesome!
    Only one minus is the fact that you cannot share because of the law.
    Made an awesome video when the tour of flanders passed here.
    What law?

Posted via CB10
    iamnadroj likes this.
    04-05-13 01:38 AM
    I use it a lot. It's a great application. The application is pretty fast and powerful too.
    04-05-13 01:45 AM
    What law?

Posted via CB10
    Music copyright when sharing through YouTube or Facebook

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 01:54 AM
    Music copyright when sharing through YouTube or Facebook

Posted via CB10
    You just have to acknowledge that you are using 3rd party content (by clicking a button), and all is good.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 02:00 AM
    I hid the app in a folder on day one. Today is the first time I have tried it. I'm impressed so far.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Just Me; 04-06-13 at 12:25 PM.
    04-06-13 10:31 AM
    I definitely love this app! I've only made one test video to see how it works and the thins it can do. It really amazed me of the things I does out of the box. I too would like to see some eventual additions to the app.

I also with there was a way we could share the videos better through our Z10... It would be nice to start a thread here where we could post the final products, much like the Scrapbook thread/contest for the PlayBook!
    04-06-13 11:09 AM
    Wow, cant believe how easy this is to use!

Thanks to all who mentioned it in this forum, I was intrigued and tried it out. And Im glad I did!! I just dismissed it as another dumb app.

But its quite good!
    04-06-13 11:33 AM
    It's an amazing application. Probably the best "Secret" of BB10. I recently took a vacation with my siblings and we all flew back to our different respective destinations at the end. They were both shocked when, upon landing, they had a video link in their emails of our trip summarized with Storymaker!

Suggestions for the app:

- allowed multiple songs, and the ability to use partial songs
    - option to save a version with lower res output for emailing - i had to transfer my video to a computer and then use Dropbox to share it because it was too large.
    - more preset themes ! The ones they have are awesome and I can't wait to see what else they come up with.
    Spawn12 likes this.
    04-06-13 11:41 AM
    It's an amazing application. Probably the best "Secret" of BB10. I recently took a vacation with my siblings and we all flew back to our different respective destinations at the end. They were both shocked when, upon landing, they had a video link in their emails of our trip summarized with Storymaker!

Suggestions for the app:

- allowed multiple songs, and the ability to use partial songs
    - option to save a version with lower res output for emailing - i had to transfer my video to a computer and then use Dropbox to share it because it was too large.
    - more preset themes ! The ones they have are awesome and I can't wait to see what else they come up with.
    Agreed with your suggestions.

Just made a story of mine and my missus weekend trip last week to Paris and have to say its bloody awesome in a nutshell, even put in my own soundtrack. The missus absolutely loves this app, just need to convince her network to finish her contract so i can get her a z10.

But its a superb little app and the best thing about it is that its native.
    04-06-13 11:49 AM
    It is too useful, I had to make a quick slide show of the pictures I took at school, it legit took me 5 minutes to create and then used the hdmi port to display it. Super amazing.

Wagwan.
    04-06-13 12:17 PM
    Using story maker, I was able to take several pics and vids of the 1st year of life of our daughter over the course of the year from my phone, along with Coldplays "Trouble" song, and Story Maker spit out an awesome movie that had my wife in tears.
    04-06-13 12:41 PM
    If you like this type of apps, you can try my multimedia scrapbook with Built for BlackBerry designation. You can create books with your favorite photos, music, video, stickers, audio notes, text titles and text notes.

You can find it at Built for BlackBerry Section at Bb World, is named Tapyhold Lite and is FREE
    04-14-13 09:02 AM
    I wanted to use story maker to link together 6 video clips of my son, I chose not to put music in but it doesn't play audio... anyway around that or is it just not what its intended to do?

***EDIT : I downloaded Microsoft Movie Maker and was able to link the movies together and put it in MP4 format, It was also a very easy upload to Youtube using the publish to feature.
    Last edited by FirstBerry101; 05-12-13 at 05:46 PM.
    05-12-13 05:36 PM
    Hi
    You mentioned putting in your own soundtrack

Please could you tell me how you did that. I have saved voice recordings through the Remember app and also through the Parrot app but I can't seem to marry them up with Story Maker. I'm wanting to record someone playing a guitar and add the videos and pictures later, but I only seem to be able to access audio files which are in the music app.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer

N
    06-05-13 08:13 AM
    Hi again

I found the answer I was looking for. But for the record, anyone else looking for a similar answer, I used this video of the Parrot app which explains everything.

cheers
    06-07-13 03:02 AM
    How do you upload these directly to youtube from the phone?

Posted via CB10
    06-08-13 07:39 AM
38 12