If I want to compose an email, I click on the TO: and begin typing in a name, ex HOME... I notice that there are addresses to people that I don't Know being suggested. I've decided that they come from emails that a friend sent and these people are CC'd so now how do I get rid of them and make it never happen again?

Thank you

Paul
    11-20-13 01:22 PM
    If this is really all you have to complain about then count yourself lucky.

Oh, welcome to the forums.
    11-20-13 01:34 PM
    My bad for being rude, I forgot that I've spent days reading this forum and man it is awesome. Thanks for the welcome.

I've got other gripes but am trying to see if others have the same as me. ex. I have my wife in my contacts, her name shows up in texting, bbm, email, but not under the phone contacts!!!!
    11-20-13 03:09 PM
    Bumping. Hope someone can give you the answer you need.
    11-21-13 07:12 AM
    I don't have an answer for you but I thought it is kinda funny because I absolutely love this feature. Composing business emails to irregular contacts makes this very handy. I hope you find a way to turn it off.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 07:18 AM
    There are a lot of little nagging things this OS does that are very annoying.

Except that a lot of users like some of them.

BB really needs to start providing more options to turn such features on and off.

The auto email suggestion pulling from all corners of the phone has been a complaint since the beginning. Yet, to this day - 11 months and three major revisions later - you still have no setting to at least control where the suggestions come from.

Auto-linking of contacts from all sources without user intervention is one of my pet peeves. And there's still no way to stop it at all. But, others do like it, so there should be an option to allow it or not when you bring in contacts from more than one source. Something like a pop up asking if you want to link any incoming contacts with any existing contacts (if there are any). One simple option can save me from having to undo everything that didn't need to be done in the first place.

There are other things you can set, but don't go far enough. I have turned off hub notifications for Facebook. Yet Facebook still appears in the hub list. No notifications since I turned it off, but Facebook is still listed. Why? If I didn't want notifications, it should follow that I don't want Facebook itself in the hub at all. Being logged into Facebook shouldn't matter. But, apparently it does.

I know many live and breathe Facebook (and Twitter, LinkedIn, and Foursquare - all deleted from my phone) and the integration is great for that, but I look at it maybe once or twice a week. I'd like the "option" to have it out of my way in daily use.

I will say that BB seems to be slowly adding more and more options. Maybe sometime in the middle of next year, they will have it down fairly solid.

I'm still waiting for contacts to support Outlook categories. Right now, editing a contact on the phone clears out the categories set in Outlook. This is for contacts synced to an exchange account over EAS.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 09:53 AM
    My bad for being rude, I forgot that I've spent days reading this forum and man it is awesome. Thanks for the welcome.

I've got other gripes but am trying to see if others have the same as me. ex. I have my wife in my contacts, her name shows up in texting, bbm, email, but not under the phone contacts!!!!
    Is there a phone number associated with wife contact info?

BlackBerry Since 2006. BB Z10,10.2 Official. Rogers Halifax, NS
    11-21-13 10:19 AM
    There are a lot of little nagging things this OS does that are very annoying.

Except that a lot of users like some of them.

BB really needs to start providing more options to turn such features on and off.

The auto email suggestion pulling from all corners of the phone has been a complaint since the beginning. Yet, to this day - 11 months and three major revisions later - you still have no setting to at least control where the suggestions come from.

Auto-linking of contacts from all sources without user intervention is one of my pet peeves. And there's still no way to stop it at all. But, others do like it, so there should be an option to allow it or not when you bring in contacts from more than one source. Something like a pop up asking if you want to link any incoming contacts with any existing contacts (if there are any). One simple option can save me from having to undo everything that didn't need to be done in the first place.

There are other things you can set, but don't go far enough. I have turned off hub notifications for Facebook. Yet Facebook still appears in the hub list. No notifications since I turned it off, but Facebook is still listed. Why? If I didn't want notifications, it should follow that I don't want Facebook itself in the hub at all. Being logged into Facebook shouldn't matter. But, apparently it does.

I know many live and breathe Facebook (and Twitter, LinkedIn, and Foursquare - all deleted from my phone) and the integration is great for that, but I look at it maybe once or twice a week. I'd like the "option" to have it out of my way in daily use.

I will say that BB seems to be slowly adding more and more options. Maybe sometime in the middle of next year, they will have it down fairly solid.

I'm still waiting for contacts to support Outlook categories. Right now, editing a contact on the phone clears out the categories set in Outlook. This is for contacts synced to an exchange account over EAS.

Posted via CB10
    Don't display in hub, then you can manually view by swiping right within hub. This way FB stuff won't display in HUB

11-21-13 10:21 AM
    Don't display in hub, then you can manually view by swiping right within hub. This way FB stuff won't display in HUB

I already have Facebook notifications turned off in the hub (nothing listed with the messages). I'm talking about the fact that "Facebook" is still listed in the hub as an account (where you slide to the right and see the list of accounts), along with my 2 emails, texts, BBM, etc... That's where I don't want to see it.

At least in 10.2.1, you can re-order that account list, and I stuck Facebook at the bottom.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 10:42 AM
    I already have Facebook notifications turned off in the hub (nothing listed with the messages). I'm talking about the fact that "Facebook" is still listed in the hub as an account (where you slide to the right and see the list of accounts), along with my 2 emails, texts, BBM, etc... That's where I don't want to see it.

At least in 10.2.1, you can re-order that account list, and I stuck Facebook at the bottom.
    But, have you tried to remove FaceBook from the Hub in the Hub settings? Not the Notification settings.
    You can do this while being in the hub, tap the overflow menu (3 dots), tap settings, tap Hub Management, then sliding the FaceBook settings to the off position.

HTH.
    11-21-13 11:07 AM
    Also, as per the title of your thread...
    This cannot be turned off...
    At this time there is no means to reset or clear the data stored by the suggestion service.
    KB34771-BlackBerry 10 smartphone shows email suggestions for recipients in "To", "Cc", and "Bcc" fields

Sorry about that...
    HotFix likes this.
    11-21-13 11:10 AM
    But, have you tried to remove FaceBook from the Hub in the Hub settings? Not the Notification settings.
    You can do this while being in the hub, tap the overflow menu (3 dots), tap settings, tap Hub Management, then sliding the FaceBook settings to the off position.

HTH.
    Yes, and that doesn't remove it from the actual hub list itself.

In fact, 10.2.1.xxxx now adds for each account the following options instead of the on/off switch:

?Show in Hub Only
    ?Show in Separate Account Only
    ?Show in Both

The "separate account" would be the equivalent of the off setting in the previous OS, but as before, I still see "Facebook" in the account list.

It's not a really big deal, but just seems like things could be a little cleaner.

STOP pulling email addresses from emails-hub-image.jpg

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 03:27 PM
    The only way to get rid of it is Uninstall app

11-21-13 03:42 PM
    The only way to get rid of it is Uninstall app

Or log out of the app. It's only there because I'm logged into the app itself.

But, the whole point is, it shouldn't matter if I've turned off the notifications to the hub.

Maybe in the next big update. Along with better control of email suggestions.

Sorry for wildly derailing this thread.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 04:01 PM
    There's some good changes in 10.2.1 so far. I'm sure next couple updates will hopefully fix that stuff

Posted by CB11
    11-21-13 10:14 PM
    I think so.... but then again how do you know, her name shows up on my recent call lists, I clicked on it to add to contacts up comes her name and number, bbm, email etc.... but if I look in contacts still not there

I'm sure it is something I've done but dang I can't figure it out
    11-26-13 12:05 PM
    If I want to compose an email, I click on the TO: and begin typing in a name, ex HOME... I notice that there are addresses to people that I don't Know being suggested. I've decided that they come from emails that a friend sent and these people are CC'd so now how do I get rid of them and make it never happen again?

Thank you

Paul
    I love this feature. I don't want to take the time to manage my emails.
    11-26-13 12:16 PM