I'm hoping to see a good quality pattern lock app show up soon.. so far nothing.. just wondering if a dev can shed some light, are the api's or whatever would be needed for an app to interact with the lock screen available should a dev choose to take it on? or is it just not possible with BB10 at this time?
    02-11-13 02:40 PM
    There is an api to lock the screen but actually invoking an app to replace the lock screen is not possible yet. More API's have to come out, possibly with bb10.1?
    02-11-13 02:53 PM
    Thanks!

I'd prefer 10.1 just have it as a native option.. but either way, hopefully someway or another pattern lock makes an appearance. I'm missing that feature.
    vpblaze and JordanLehigh like this.
    02-11-13 03:49 PM
    Pretty much everything I like about my 9900 isn't on the Z10 including this. A native one or api I don't care but I would miss not having it.
    02-11-13 04:35 PM
    I'd really recommend staying away from pattern locks. They make it very easy to unlock the screen if someone takes your phone, as they can see the grease trails easily. Using numbers (without dragging finger across the screen) is much more secure.
    02-11-13 05:22 PM
    I'd really recommend staying away from pattern locks. They make it very easy to unlock the screen if someone takes your phone, as they can see the grease trails easily. Using numbers (without dragging finger across the screen) is much more secure.
    In every thread someone says something like this..

And I say... I don't work for the Pentagon.. I keep my phone locked so people don't play with it.. I don't need fort Knox security, and I'm perfectly happy with the level of protection offered by a pattern lock. It's a users choice to make, no one is suggesting it be the only option.. most of aren't that concerned with security on our phones.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    modifier and JordanLehigh like this.
    02-11-13 10:31 PM

And I say... I don't work for the Pentagon.. I keep my phone locked so people don't play with it.. I don't need fort Knox security, and I'm perfectly happy with the level of protection offered by a pattern lock. It's a users choice to make, no one is suggesting it be the only option.. most of aren't that concerned with security on our phones.

^^^ this.
    just_luc likes this.
    02-11-13 11:21 PM
    Anything yet? I only need it to lock my media like on my legacy device. I side loaded app lock but it doesn't lock anything but 3rd party apps.
    03-30-13 09:58 PM
    As of now, headless apps (basically applications running in the background) are not possible without the use of active frames. Even then pattern lock apps are not possible. Keep calm and carry on is all I got
    03-30-13 10:01 PM

You make a good point, and I would have agreed with you before a friend of mine got a hold of my phone and changed the language to Korean... Luckily he didn't change the pattern password as another joke.
    03-30-13 10:19 PM
    wipe the "grease trail" off and your device is secure regardless of pattern lock or password.

while security is important to me, a pattern lock would be much quicker and easier, especially if driving and i need to make a call.

the keyboard is small and can be tedious.

Posted via CB10
    just_luc likes this.
    03-30-13 10:25 PM