Hey Fellow Crackberrians,

Just like most of you I am a loyal BB Fan already enjoying BB10, I purchased my Z10 the day it finally came out on AT&T.... The Z10, finally a COOL phone, with many multimedia and gaming apps and features, finally a decent camera, finally people do come up to me to ask me if thats the new BlackBerry... But then, after a few months... I happen to be missing more and more my old (almost) reliable Bold 9900. Not just for the physical keyboard, but because nothing, and i mean NOTHING beats the way BIS works for receiving emails instantly and the way it feels really "connected" 24/7.

With my 9900 i used to get emails way faster than on my outlook inbox. Now with the Z10... it's just not as quick. One of the reasons I abandoned the iPhone way back in 2008 was basically because I don't like how the artificial "Push" system works and on the having to set refresh times on the Z10 very frequent only drains your battery faster... Also, the issue of having to keep some apps open to stay connected or working in the background (which I know will eventually be fixed with headless apps).

I know the Q10 is almost out on AT&T and BB10 is working on getting everything better with time... BUT during that time and since US Carriers seem to not really care about pushing updates at all, Am I the only one here thinking about going downgrading to OS7.1 on a Curve or Bold as a communications tool? Of course I would be keeping my Z for fun :-/

More cries: My Z10 has rebooted itself already 2 times since yesterday... I'm missing a reliable Podcast app that doesn't require me to keep the app OPEN all the times to get updated, then knowing we have such a capable OS now, frustrating to see we still have many of the big iOS name apps available...
    Thinking about loading a leaked OS, but this shouldn't have to be this way! We deserve OFFICIAL OTA updates and not have to risk bricking the phone and loosing all my data just to try to make the freakin phone better on my own!!! I will definitely check out a cheap plan to get a Legacy device for a few months while BB10 gets up to speed.

Anyways, just venting here, hoping for words of encouragement and for MORE patience!
    06-13-13 02:20 PM
    Meh.

Happy to be done with the 9780. Having a physical keyboard brings more liability to possible damage. My track pad stopped working at some point. Some keys on my keyboard also needed hard presses to register. Having to pay more and more money to get these issues fixed is additional money I could be putting elsewhere.

With the Z10 I will never have to worry about wearing out any keys or track pad. A huge plus and honestly an overlooked advantage.

Posted via CB10 (BB Z10 : BLK : OS 10.0)
    06-13-13 02:25 PM
    You can still buy them on ebay for $100-150. go for it. Lol
    06-13-13 02:27 PM
    The pixels on my 9900 were starting to brown were I would scroll and a bunch were even dying. I'm happy with my Zed and now I'm trying to get my wife to give up her 9800 for BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 02:43 PM
    I still carry the 9900 along with the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 02:54 PM
    I had the 9930. As much as I love that device, I haven't looked back since switching to the Z10. It's a much more pleasant user experience all around. Although the issues that you've described are valid and relevant. For me, I enjoy the larger screen, modern interface, and way, way, way better browser that the Z10 offers. Now, when I pick up my wife's 9900, I wonder how I worked w/such a small screen. The keyboard on that thing was a beast! I would pound out emails that most people wouldn't dream of unless they were working on a desktop. The Z10 has the best all touch keyboard, but nothing compares to a physical keyboard. The trade off for me is a larger screen.

My reboots stopped when AT&T gave me a new SIM card. FYI.
    06-13-13 03:03 PM
    Why do people always need to spout their "loyalty" when making posts? Argh.
    06-13-13 03:06 PM
    I just put a whole bunch of information back on my 9930 so I can use it as my second phone. It took me less than 1/3 the time to enter the info on my 9930 than it did on my Z10. Yes, I love my Z10; the screen is larger and crisp. The keyboard is the best virtual keyboard I have ever used.
    I like a lot of the new apps on BB10, but I feel the same way as the OP sometimes. Maybe it is like missing VHS tapes for some of its features even though DVDS are better, overall ? Someday I will get a Q10.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 03:12 PM
    My 9900 feels outdated now after using my Z10 since February 5th. Even seeing some of my cousins use their 9700 and 9900 makes me even more happier with my Z10 and would not look back.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 03:18 PM
    I loved the 9900 but after using the Z10 I can't imagine not being able to browse at high speeds and share everything with everyone from this that and the other. I'm spoilt with the Z10. Can't imagine ever going back to the old OS.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 03:22 PM
    I'll trade you straight up! My 9900 for your Z10! Lol!

No but seriously! I'll buy you one for $150 so I can get your Z10.

Posted via CB10 using a Z10
    06-13-13 03:32 PM
    Get Nobex for podcasts. It's great and even sends Hub alerts when new podcasts are available.

I hear ya on some of the other gripes and growing pains. BBRY needs better execution on their strategy.
    06-13-13 04:52 PM
    I'm on the Q10 now, and don't miss my 9900 much...feels right at home.
    06-13-13 05:10 PM