So I just got my Z10 from Rogers yesterday and I am happy that it finally came out and I have one. However, I have a few gripes about it. Here I go.

- When switching from my 9860 to the Z10, none of my contacts or calendar entries transferred over. I tried both the BB Link method and the SD card method. Both failed. After many attempts, I decided to just move my entire contacts list from my 9860 to the Z10 via bluetooth. Too much work, but I got it over so I'm not so mad. The calendar entries on the other hand, that's a lost cause at this point. FYI: Rogers technical support said that it was "known" issue but had no solution for it.

- I'm not able to switch from portrait to landscape at any time I like. When I was using my 9860, I can easily go from portrait to landscape and any given time on any instance other than some apps that only work in portrait mode. With my Z10, I can only go to landscape in some apps, i.e. browser, messaging. Maybe there is a setting I can change that I don't know about yet. If anyone has any tips, I'm open for it.

- I can't create groups in my contacts anymore! I used to be able to do that on my old BBs. Again, unless I'm missing something, I don't think it's possible right now. Miss that feature.

Other than the above, I think the phone is awesome. Nothing is perfect but in my opinion, the Z10 came really close for me. Still staying loyal to BB. Another question I have now for Rogers users. What does the "N" by the battery mean? I'm trying to figure that out. Any ideas?

Thanks for your time.
    02-06-13 03:08 PM
    N means you have NFC enabled I believe.
    02-06-13 03:10 PM
    I'm surprised you had so much trouble with your transfer! Not cool, and definitely needs to be fixed!

And, yes, as jolsonpb said, the "N" means you have NFC enabled. If you don't plan to use it, turn it off to save a little battery life.
    02-06-13 03:12 PM
    To shut off NFC

SYSTEM SETTINGS
    NETWORK CONNECTIONS
    NFC(switch to preference on or off)
    02-06-13 03:41 PM
    Thanks guys. This will save me a lot on battery life. Sorry about that stupid question. First NFC capable phone. Thanks again!!!
    02-06-13 03:42 PM