Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Static/Shock from the Z10

I use my Playbook charger to charge my Z10, but in any case I find myself getting shocked almost every time I pick up my phone when it is plugged in.

This might be a ridiculous thread but since it happens every time I thought I should mention it and see if anyone else has experienced it.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    12,612 Global Posts

Heh.. you might wanna stop using the PlayBook charger or have 911 on speed dial. FTR though, I've not experienced this.
    Answers are easy. It's asking the right questions which is hard. - The Doctor

[ Mobile Nations Sites: Android, iOS, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, Connectedly]
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

10-4. Thanks Dr. Bla1ze

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    276 Global Posts

I've used my playbook charger a number of times.... Havent experienced this either.......

This is a well known phenomenon with many devices. If the charger provides a path to ground through its cable it provides a path to discharge the static charge which can build up on YOU. It is more common in winter when indoor conditions are more likely to be very dress and you may be wearing more clothes which are likely to help static buildup. It is also more likely if you are on a carpet floor which tends to help charge to build as you walk around.

In my home I have two things which give me a static shock more often than not, my notebook computer and a floor lamp with a metal column. I know for a fact that they both have good grounding so they have no charge on them, and I only get a shock if I'm wearing shoes - not bare feet which allow my charge to leak away as fast as it is generated.
    <a href="http://www.galatis.de/starboard.php?d=5518"><!-- Something special for the spammers --></a>
    CrackBerry... where only Stupid People fight about Smart Phones
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,565 Global Posts

Unless you live in Las Vegas where this is pretty normal, i can not explain it better then Branta's post
    "If you can't find anything wrong with your OS of choice, you might be a fanboy, if you can't find anything RIGHT with the smartphone OSes you DON'T use, you're definitely a fanboy." - Ashley Esqueda

Trough the Phone Lens C0019FC6B
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

It's currently plugged into a cheap power bar, I'm going to try to plug it into the wall.

Thanks for the help guys.

CrackBerry Abuser

Default Static/Shock from the Z10

i have the same problem with my torch and the playbook. Its not actually going to hurt you as the voltage is low.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    - Joey -