Static/Shock from the Z10
I use my Playbook charger to charge my Z10, but in any case I find myself getting shocked almost every time I pick up my phone when it is plugged in.
This might be a ridiculous thread but since it happens every time I thought I should mention it and see if anyone else has experienced it.
Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
- 02-09-2013, 09:13 PM #2
Heh.. you might wanna stop using the PlayBook charger or have 911 on speed dial. FTR though, I've not experienced this.
- 02-09-2013, 09:21 PM #5
This is a well known phenomenon with many devices. If the charger provides a path to ground through its cable it provides a path to discharge the static charge which can build up on YOU. It is more common in winter when indoor conditions are more likely to be very dress and you may be wearing more clothes which are likely to help static buildup. It is also more likely if you are on a carpet floor which tends to help charge to build as you walk around.
In my home I have two things which give me a static shock more often than not, my notebook computer and a floor lamp with a metal column. I know for a fact that they both have good grounding so they have no charge on them, and I only get a shock if I'm wearing shoes - not bare feet which allow my charge to leak away as fast as it is generated.<a href="http://www.galatis.de/starboard.php?d=5518"><!-- Something special for the spammers --></a>
CrackBerry... where Stupid People fight about Smart Phones
- By HellasV in forum BlackBerry Z10Replies: 65Last Post: 06-16-2013, 04:11 AM
- By Whitecaps in forum BlackBerry 10 OSReplies: 87Last Post: 03-03-2013, 05:40 PM
- By ShaneN. in forum BlackBerry 10 OSReplies: 5Last Post: 02-04-2013, 06:23 PM
- By SCrid2000 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 4Last Post: 02-04-2013, 05:52 PM
- By killa4luv in forum News & RumorsReplies: 29Last Post: 01-31-2013, 10:53 AM