I like how the OP is frustrated with not being able to contact the developer and when finding the way to do it gets mad becuase now Blackberry isn't intuitive. Can't win. I'm never for bashing an OP asking for help, but jumping on the bandwagon with the general "blackberry sucks" is getting sooo old.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    06-18-13 06:44 PM
    Last two days my phone started rebooting. Hasn't happened since the first week I had it back in Feb. It's not that annoying because my iPhone is failing all the time since I have ios7 on it. But apples excuse is its not the final software.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 07:06 PM
    My Z10 has been rebooting itself 3 times a day since it was upgraded to 10.1.0.273. Prior to that it was probably once every couple of days.
    So far it has only happened when I haven't been using it but I am starting to think I should have gone with my original instinct and bought a S4.
    It seems to be happening to a lot of people at the moment. I am hoping it is a software fault as at least then Blackberry will probably fix it (eventually). If the hardware is faulty then the only fix will be a replacement phone. As far as I can tell, Blackberry accept there is a problem but don't seem to know what to do about it. That worries me a lot.
    06-18-13 08:05 PM
    No, it's not blackberry's fault but if it is in their App Store then it is their responsibility to check and test and ensure their customers are not being sold dud apps. Anything lass than that is unacceptable. I have had zero issues with anything I have bought off iTunes yet can't say the same with my Z10.
    While I agree with the first part, I've had every model iPhone released starting with my first 4GB original model. Zero issues with every itunes purchase? That really stretches believability.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 08:15 PM
    No, it's not blackberry's fault but if it is in their App Store then it is their responsibility to check and test and ensure their customers are not being sold dud apps. Anything lass than that is unacceptable. I have had zero issues with anything I have bought off iTunes yet can't say the same with my Z10.
    Agreed. I have never had a problem with any dud apps with my iPhone. I'm getting so frustrated with this piece of crap Z10. Just tonight I decided to sync my Z10 with BB Link (I always cringe when I do this). Lo and behold, instead of just adding the 5 new songs that I have, it duplicated about 310 songs. Spent the last 20 minutes going through my entire song list in BB Link and deleting the duplicates. Way to go BlackBerry. Another job well done.

Just counting the days until iPhone 5S is released.

For those of you who may be interested in buying my Z10, I will give you a great price for it. It is in mint condition. No scratches and it has never been dropped. It's been yelled at many times, but no physical damage to the phone. Only emotional damage.
    06-18-13 08:27 PM
    My Goodness. I never have had problems with BlackBerry but my kid's iTunes account has been hacked into and we had to change our credit card. Plus the Istore is not intuitive for account problems and tech support took hours. I believe all of us have experienced glitches now and then on many different platforms.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 08:48 PM
    i did the same mistake choosing BlackBerry , really bad phone i ever use nul -dead OS system and performance 0%

i feel really sad ...... become a joke in my friend circle .. what a bbz10 only email no social /no proper voip and many error

I saw there was an update for Battery Lover this morning so I hit the upgrade button and install failed. I tried again and again it down loads the upgrade and it says install failed. So I delete the app and try downloading it from scratch, once again it down loads the app and says install failed. Now I do not even have the app on the phone to use any more because it fails to install.

BlackBerry needs to get its act together because I am starting to think that I made a huge mistake choosing BlackBerry for the first time for our phones.

We have the Black Berry Z10 phones on Verizon.
    06-18-13 08:50 PM

For those of you who may be interested in buying my Z10, I will give you a great price for it. It is in mint condition. No scratches and it has never been dropped. It's been yelled at many times, but no physical damage to the phone. Only emotional damage.
    Your February posts said you returned your Z10. You were never going to buy another BlackBerry product.
    Did you buy another Z10 because you hated it so much ?
    sonic_reducer and mnc76 like this.
    06-18-13 09:21 PM
    Your February posts said you returned your Z10. You were never going to buy another BlackBerry product.
    Did you buy another Z10 because you hated it so much ?
    I returned it and then bought it again to give it a second chance. 4 months later, I regret doing that.
    06-18-13 09:57 PM
    Errors are usually caused by lack of upgrading. Most apps only work with 10.1
    06-18-13 10:59 PM
    Nice, a "crackberry ambassador" comes back with a personal attack.

First, the "manifest" you refer to I assume is the config.xml that the developer creates for their app, since the "manifest" is actually generated by the packager. There is no setting in that for specifying minimum OS version - go re-read the docs. The "version" attribute of the "widget" element is the app version. The minimum OS version *is* something you select when you submit a file revision in the App World vendor portal, so I agree this problem probably wouldn't have happened if the author selected 10.1. But all of this doesn't matter because you aren't getting my point.

I'm saying that BB is the gatekeeper of App World and it is their responsibility to make sure that garbage doesn't get in. So, if by some chance a developer submits an app that uses 10.1 features but forgets to set the minimum OS rev, this problem should be caught by the submission process and the app should be rejected. This isn't happening. Instead, the app gets through and then users have a crappy experience with failed installs. You might think that's OK and we should just blame the devs, but my belief is it's not OK, it's in BB's interest to prevent this, and it makes for a terrible user experience.

Anyway now you continue with your attacks and my "ignorance". I'm pretty new to this site, I guess it's run by hyper-sensitive BB employees.
    Mr.Willie likes this.
    06-18-13 11:36 PM
    This is usually a problem with the app on BBW. This has been my experience with the PlayBook, and I've heard similar complaints on BlackBerry 10. Something along the lines of a bug in the app which results in a failed installation. Basically, you deleted the app and the only version available on BBW is the one which fails to install.. or of course, you're on outdated software which, depending on your carrier, isn't your fault. Yeah, that sucks.

BTW I hate it when people are so quick to just blame BlackBerry and the phones and all that. It's like bandwagon mentality especially after the concensus in the past years was that it's "ok" to talk smack about BlackBerry because they "suck" and so any problems are likely due to this suckyness. You get the idea. Basically, use some common sense please. Oh yeah, and don't delete the app next time. That is very non common sensical.

/rant. Sorry needed to let that out lol.
    Posted via CB10
    Kris Simundson likes this.
    06-18-13 11:43 PM
    I ran into the same problem with trying the Battery Lover upgrade but failed. I didn't try again. The app was running fine without the upgrade so I wasn't missing anything.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 11:58 PM
    Have you ever seen Google play?? Happens all the time. With the effort it took to write 50 posts on the battery app you could have learned to write code and create your own. Just make sure it's compatible with 10.0

Posted via CB10
    Kris Simundson likes this.
    06-19-13 12:17 AM
    Battery Guru is your best bet, imo. Z10 ROCKS!!
    06-19-13 01:21 AM
    You guys need to stop blaming BlackBerry. Blame your incompetent US based carriers. Also if there is a problem with the app, CONTACT THE DEVELOPER. Yes. I felt I needed to put that in bold because these BlackBerry allegations and mud slinging is becoming ridiculous.

via CB10 (BB Z10 : BLK : OS 10.0) [ Follow me @EHZAY for BB News & Tech Updates ]
    Nope this excuse doesn't cut it anymore. BlackBerry needs to be hassling carriers over the update or at least be working with them to get the update out ASAP. And they need to be doing this publicly. 10.1 isn't a new update.

Posted via CB10
    richardat likes this.
    06-19-13 01:33 AM
    I have Verizon Z10 with Battery Lover. Here is the email address to contact them. I clicked on "contact developer for you and my Z10 started an email to compose with it. <[email protected]> without of course the <>. Hope you get a good answer. By the way I am running one of Kris's leaks version 10.1.0.2354. That may be why it works on my phone and not yours.
    I saw there was an update for Battery Lover this morning so I hit the upgrade button and install failed. I tried again and again it down loads the upgrade and it says install failed. So I delete the app and try downloading it from scratch, once again it down loads the app and says install failed. Now I do not even have the app on the phone to use any more because it fails to install.

BlackBerry needs to get its act together because I am starting to think that I made a huge mistake choosing BlackBerry for the first time for our phones.

We have the Black Berry Z10 phones on Verizon.
    06-19-13 01:48 AM
    Just so all of you that had issues with Battery Lover due to the OS you were on it appears the developer has pushed an update to fix the issue. I just received the update notice in BlackBerry World.
    06-19-13 02:07 AM
    Nope this excuse doesn't cut it anymore. BlackBerry needs to be hassling carriers over the update or at least be working with them to get the update out ASAP. And they need to be doing this publicly. 10.1 isn't a new update.

Posted via CB10
    No. That is YOUR job. Why should BlackBerry give a ****? Are they paying your phone bills? No. They are not. You pay your own bills and have every right to demand certain expectations be accommodated.

Once again, the BlackBerry mud slinging is unwarranted. When you have 3rd world countries like Nigeria bring 10.1 months earlier, you start to realize how truly incompetent US based carriers are at rolling out updates. It is completely unacceptable but apparently the consumers don't give a **** or they would be complaining to AT&T and Verizon everyday.

via CB10 (BB Z10 : BLK : OS 10.0) [ Follow me @EHZAY for BB News & Tech Updates ]
    agp101 and undone like this.
    06-19-13 04:16 AM
    So it appears the problem is solved.

THE DEVELOPER fixed the problem with their app.

3 pages of BlackBerry bashing because:

1. The developer didn't code the update properly to run on 10.0
    2. The carrier refuses to update to 10.1
    3. The OP deleted the original app

All BlackBerry's fault...yup
    RECOOL, tw1g_007, highos and 2 others like this.
    06-19-13 05:01 AM
    To prove that this had nothing to do with the Z10 with the OP's frustration above, I got an update this morning from Battery lover saying "fixing not install on 10.0". People should always try and figure out the problem or try and contact the developer before starting threads that it's BlackBerry's fault and the z10.

Screen shot attached below

Starting to get frustrated with BlackBerry Z10-img_00000182.png

Posted via CB10 from my Awesome Z10
    06-19-13 08:09 AM
    No. That is YOUR job. Why should BlackBerry give a ****? Are they paying your phone bills? No. They are not. You pay your own bills and have every right to demand certain expectations be accommodated.

Once again, the BlackBerry mud slinging is unwarranted. When you have 3rd world countries like Nigeria bring 10.1 months earlier, you start to realize how truly incompetent US based carriers are at rolling out updates. It is completely unacceptable but apparently the consumers don't give a **** or they would be complaining to AT&T and Verizon everyday.

Because if they don't give a ****, consumers will assume its BB's fault and move onto IOS or Android. Lost customers = lost revenue. Does BB really want the bleeding to continue?
    06-19-13 10:41 AM
    Ok people just forget it and move on...

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 10:58 AM
    So it appears the problem is solved.

THE DEVELOPER fixed the problem with their app.

3 pages of BlackBerry bashing because:

1. The developer didn't code the update properly to run on 10.0
    2. The carrier refuses to update to 10.1
    3. The OP deleted the original app

All BlackBerry's fault...yup
    Agree'd the problem is solved, so to keep from further pointless bashing, the thread is now closed.
    sooman54, Oilman73 and NtotheK like this.
    06-19-13 02:58 PM
74 123