Hi guys, after almost 3 months I spotted the first Z10 other than my own offcourse! He was happy with it an we chatted a little about the reputation of BlackBerry.
    Here in the Netherlands it's dramatic actually, but hey, with this Z10 and the Q10 it's just a matter of time for BlackBerry to fight back!!

Are there any other Dutch Z10 users around here???

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 01:24 AM
    Yep, Nijmegen here :-)

Haven't seen one in the wild besides mine.

Also, the carrier/phone stores do not appear to have much interest in BB anymore. When I went there to find a nice case, none of the stores had any. Only some generic sleeves but no fitting ones that allow access to buttons or LED. They only appear to sell iPhone and Samsung stuff.

I read on CrackBerry many times that the carriers don't want a duopoly of just iPhone and Samsung. Well then, get your act sorted and, you know, actually sell other stuff. I have no sympathy at all for the carriers over here....
    06-03-13 01:42 AM
    I'm in the US ,and no one I know has one,and I have yet to see one in the wild.
    Maybe I am the the only one!
    06-03-13 01:47 AM
    I have one since it was available on marktplaats.

At my office there are 3 including me.
    Hope it becomes more

One sees only Samsung and iphone crap around

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 01:48 AM
    You guys must both be living "in the province" I presume..

Here in the greater Amsterdam Area, it is not that difficult to spot Z10s in the wild, also since first corporate deployments seem to be getting on their way (finally); spotted a couple at my hockey club during the weekend also, they came to me that they finally had one also

also, there was a rather massive belsimpel.nl outdoor add in waiting lounges for busses, I think it was nation wide, so it is not that bad, but could be much better. Maybe when the Q5 gets launched, The Netherlands is a specific market fo lower/middle end smartphones I believe.

agree that the carriers could do much better, some of them are trying, but it is an open market where the customer decides in the end..
    the early, way to negative reviews of the Z10 over here by popular "news"sites as nu.nl (written by Sheep fanboy/nerd) did definetly not help, most other media and websites simply copy/paste that. Could be Apple and Samsang local reps sponsering such negative local news on a compatitor...
    06-03-13 01:54 AM
    Haven't seen any of them in the wild either, but hey, I am not showing of mu Z10 either, so maybe that's the big difference. My friends now my phone and my collegeas, most of them are impressed with the smoothness of the interface.
    06-03-13 02:12 AM
    I think I have the only z10 in seattle

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 02:16 AM
    Utrecht here:
    06-03-13 03:50 AM
    I'm in the middle of the Netherlands. Didn't see another Z10 around than mine. Shops are not really eager on selling BB10 stuff. When I got in with a question about mine (within 14 days after purchase), they offered me to exchange it for a different brand...
    06-03-13 04:18 AM
    Just saw one at church he was in his 20' so it's nice to BlackBerry is stiking back and gaining support from the youth... this was in the suburbs even
    06-03-13 04:29 AM
    Utrecht present

Love the Z10
    06-03-13 04:33 AM
    Nice stuff here in Toronto I have 7 friends that I know of with one and one of them his company (engineering firm) has BES 10.1 and 40 BlackBerry 10 devices at their company. Hope it catches on more over there.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    06-03-13 05:51 AM
    Another Z10 in Nijmegen .
    Btw DEVmobile, are you on TMO? When I picked up my Z10 they told me that they have had only two devices in the store and I got last one. This means that there are some more Z10s out there in Nijmegen.
    And how about reboots guys? Mine reboots at least twice a day.
    Was just wondering if anyone in NL batch had faulty device.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 05:59 AM
    I personally have only spotted one in public as well. The guy behind me in the subway line. He seemed to be very happy with it!
    06-03-13 06:06 AM
    Breda here.

I have yet to see anyone with a Z10. I'm very curious who has it here because I'm beyond happy with my Z10. The minor setbacks of the new OS are nothing compared to the old OS7. It's such a big difference, that I can only be extremely happy.
    06-03-13 06:39 AM
    6 days now without a reboot.
    I posted this yesterday, please read and try to see if it helps your reboot issue.
    STL100-3

Bell network

No side loaded apps

I was experiencing from one to three reboots a day, occasionally I would go two days. I tried pulling the battery and it sometimes would go two days before it reboot. Last week (8 days) I pulled the battery while the phone was on the charger, I then pressed the power button with the battery out and the red light came on and then went out. I reinstalled the battery and it went three days till it rebooted. I then repeated the same process but reinstalled the battery while the red light was still lit up. It has been five days since. I turned off the cellular last night till this morning since I had no service where I was, not sure if that has any effect .

Would someone try the above and see if it helps. I don't know what it does to the phone but it has been five days and only one reboot in eight days which is a vast improvement. I will keep you posted.

Please if someone tries what I have done please post.

Anybody know how to find out if BlackBerry is making any progress on the reboot issue? Kevin?

Before I was noticing my free memory dropping and staying low even after I closed an app. A reboot usually happened shortly after. Is it possible that some kind of file that collects data temporally and is supposed to dump it when finished with it, is letting data accumulate till free memory is too low and causing a reboot?

More information from BlackBerry would be nice.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Sumcan2; 06-03-13 at 07:27 AM.
    06-03-13 07:00 AM
    Only saw them at developer meetings, nice amount of limited editions and some dev alpha c's
    Innovatology likes this.
    06-03-13 07:51 AM
    Makes u more exclusive I kinda like having the z10 when I see every one with Apple or Samsung devices if that makes sense

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 08:19 AM
    I want a spotted Z10.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 08:30 AM
    Another Z10 in Nijmegen .
    Btw DEVmobile, are you on TMO? When I picked up my Z10 they told me that they have had only two devices in the store and I got last one. This means that there are some more Z10s out there in Nijmegen.
    And how about reboots guys? Mine reboots at least twice a day.
    Was just wondering if anyone in NL batch had faulty device.

Posted via CB10
    No, I'm on Vodafone and bought mine at MediaMarkt in Arnhem.

With regard to the rebooting:

I have that as well, usually two times a day with one occurring during charging at night. I have to say that since I have removed the media card (needed it for something else), I have only had 1 reboot. Might be coincidence but decided to mention it anyway. The phone is up to date with the latest vodafone 10.1 software.
    06-03-13 08:56 AM
    The phone is up to date with the latest vodafone 10.1 software.
    Same here, and I have too tried working phone without SD card, but it didn't made any difference in my case.

I had phone returned for repair and all they did was reinstalled software. Which, obviously, didn't help me at all.
    To be honest it (reboots) annoys me a lot.

And there is another peculiar thing about my device when I tap it with my finger on the (top/camera) back side it sounds like some screw is not tightened wel enough. On the bottom back side thought I don't have that.
    Can anyone confirm that?

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 09:12 AM
    for Dutch Z10 owners with random reboot issues:

check out http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...eboots-812523/
    or [BlackBerry Z10] Ervaringen & Discussie - Overige Smartphones - GoT
    or Z10 random-reboots: een Blackberry issue of ook in... - Vodafone Forum - 68664

have been "reboot free" now for almost a week, after experiencing them every night and 2-3x/day since delivery early April (had one of the 1st official STL100-2 units in NL) Not enough NL-users to be statisticly correct, but 1 in 10 till upto 3 in 10 of all Z10 owners appears to have this random reboot issue, quite often without knowing it maybe. See front-page poll by Kevin from two/three weeks ago
    06-03-13 09:21 AM
    Dutch born living in Cura�ao count too?
    If so, we seem to have quite a few here
    06-03-13 09:33 AM
    Zaandam
    06-03-13 09:42 AM
    I've only spotted some back in the days (early Februari) in Amsterdam... Might have something to do with BlackBerry Jam where I was attending .

Make's me fancy my Shiny Red Z10 even more =).

In the OS7 Era I didn't spot a lot 9900's even, mostly curves and torches every now and then. Breda / Tilburg Area..
    06-03-13 09:49 AM
44 12