I've moved this over from a Blitz 2339 thread where it has gone uncommented for three days.

This is about my wife's Z10 100-3 with 2339/859, all working great until a couple days ago.

At about 1 pm, she started getting buzzer sound alarms for no apparent reason, about every 10 minutes. Each time it would give the option to dismiss the alarm or snooze, and she chose "dismiss." Naturally, we checked her preset alarms in the clock app, and all of them were for early in the am, and only one was actually set to go off at 6 am, which it had done correctly that day. Also, she does not use a buzzer alarm or tone for anything, only a musical one. And, of course, there were no emails, text messages, notifications, etc., that had come in when these "alarms" kept going off. So I did a hard reboot on her phone, then shut it down, swapped out the battery, booted up, put in her password, and all seemed to be fine. No more alarms, no problems.

Then, late that night, she tried to use the phone, and when she picked it up and swiped up on the screen, it gave the message that she had already tried the password 5 times, and only had 5 tries left. It also said, "type Blackberry", which is maybe what happens after 5 failed tries of a password. I've never seen it before, because I've never had 5 failed tries with a password. But she says she hadn't been trying at all, so she had no idea how the 5 failed attempts even got there. She keeps the Z10 in her jeans pocket, no case, and this has never happened before. She then tried to enter the password again, and it failed. She gave it to me, I entered BlackBerry, then her password, and it was OK again.

I don't know if the strange spontaneous buzzer alarm occurrences were related to the password problem that night, or why or how either one of them happened.

The last couple of days her phone has been working OK.

Any ideas? I had thought about wiping the phone and autoloading 2339, or else using Link. Now that the phone hasn't acted up again, maybe the best thing is to do nothing.
    07-30-15 12:46 PM
    One I would reload the OS.
    Two, I had a Z10 and that phone not only took pictures on it's own. it called people when i placed the phone down. No case and no lock on the kb? It's probably the phone. Very sensitive.
    07-30-15 04:04 PM
    One I would reload the OS.
    Two, I had a Z10 and that phone not only took pictures on it's own. it called people when i placed the phone down. No case and no lock on the kb? It's probably the phone. Very sensitive.
    Thanks, Jaydee. True, no case, just a screen protector. It is password protected, and that was the problem--must have been entering numbers randomly, but never happened before.

Do you think doing a nondestructive OS reload would do it or does it have to be an autoload :-( ?
    07-30-15 04:15 PM
    I don't know, my Z30 did some strange stuff not long ago in my pocket. Hasn't done them since, maybe some weird thing going on like the bb sensor servers going wild again?
    07-30-15 04:18 PM