She hadn't heard anything about it. I emailed her this demo video (which I just found today). She wrote back to me ..."I viewed the attachment and I can see why you are waiting on this device. Blackberry is coming back fighting... I will let you know any information I receive about the Blackberry devices."

Always happy to spread the word about BB10!
    12-06-12 04:39 PM
    Awesome! [and thanks for new video!]
    12-06-12 04:41 PM
    That video shows it is designed to work well with one hand.
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    12-06-12 04:57 PM
    Nice for you to spread the word

I do not know what is verizon employee responsability inside the company, but it is not a good sign if he had no clue about bb10.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-06-12 05:01 PM
    Great video
    12-06-12 05:15 PM
    I spoke with Verizon last night about the new BB10, on the off chance someone would slip up. The person on the phone said employees aren't given any information on new phones until 48 hr (Iphone 24 hr) before release. She was aware of the new BB10 but had nothing to offer in the way of information. When I asked her why she said it is VZW's way of preventing leaks on new and/or upcoming products. I'm not sure when/how training comes into play. Hurry up February!!
    sir.dangerfield likes this.
    12-06-12 05:56 PM
    I went into Verizon store. Had a issue and talked with a employee. I asked "know anything about blackberry full touch phone" he says "yeah weve had the 9850 now only online" I said "how about BB10" "He responed with, something"s coming!!
    12-06-12 06:08 PM
    I went in a Verizon store and the tech said he has been following BB10 on Crackberry. He had a Galaxy G3 and said it was interesting and he was looking forward to playing with the BB10. He also confirmed that Verizon doesnt tell them when New phones are coming out. They find out about 2 or 3 days before release. He said he was personally interested so thats why he knew about it.
    westiewanderer likes this.
    12-06-12 09:48 PM
    It's not just at verizon it's like that at t-mobile too...early this year i went to a t-mobile store to see how much of a discount i would get for being a loyal customer for 12 yrs and noticed they only had 3 blackberries available...they went on to tell me blackberry was pretty much dead and that i should get one of those My Touch phones...
    I told them about bb10 coming out in the Fall (before the delay announcement ) and they never heard of such a thing and laughed it off looking at me like i was crazy... Moral of the story is..store employees only care about the check they get every week, and not much else.
    ritesh likes this.
    12-07-12 03:20 AM
    It's not just at verizon it's like that at t-mobile too...early this year i went to a t-mobile store to see how much of a discount i would get for being a loyal customer for 12 yrs and noticed they only had 3 blackberries available...they went on to tell me blackberry was pretty much dead and that i should get one of those My Touch phones...
    I told them about bb10 coming out in the Fall (before the delay announcement ) and they never heard of such a thing and laughed it off looking at me like i was crazy... Moral of the story is..store employees only care about the check they get every week, and not much else.
    closer to the moral (i speak from experience) salespeople dont really care if its not there for them to sell it to you. and thats a fair point really. when your on comission, talking about the future or past is nice but wont put $$ in your pocket. you sell whats infront of you.
    12-07-12 06:01 AM
    Very nice video, thanks for sharing
    12-07-12 07:46 AM
    That is one of the best BB10 demo video's yet. That is the one I will use to show off BB10 for now.
    12-07-12 09:37 PM
    Looks like they're bringing a new ball game to the field. So many new ways to roll.
    12-08-12 12:06 AM
    You got her email address. Phone number too?
    soren203 likes this.
    12-08-12 09:31 AM

I had the same experience with verizon...its a little scary!! I went in to give up my droid razr for a bold 9930....he looked at me like i was crazy!! LOL I asked if I could buy one...he said he couldnt even sell me one...hed have to order it!! hahahahahaha, I looked at him and told him BB had new phones coming out in the first part of 13...he again looked at me like I was crazy. I left and went home and ordered my bold....I cant wait to see bb 10 in the stores and the sales people excited about BB again! *Grins*
    12-08-12 11:24 AM
    closer to the moral (i speak from experience) salespeople dont really care if its not there for them to sell it to you. and thats a fair point really. when your on comission, talking about the future or past is nice but wont put $$ in your pocket. you sell whats infront of you.
    From my experience, clients/customers appreciate an educated salesperson. People are educated about their purchases these days and expect more from a good salesperson. A T-mobile rep saying "BB is dead" in order to improve the odds of a sale today, is ignorant or unethical and that mentality will keep money from your pocket. I would suggest saying something like, "unfortunately that phone wont even be launched until Jan 30th", then proceed to show off the benefits of the best device available. There are honest people the sell for a living.
    I thought the response the OP received from the Verizon rep was a great way to keep hold of a future customer.
    12-08-12 11:49 AM
    I'm still waiting for some tmo news since Id hate to have to change carriers...
    12-08-12 02:34 PM
    I had another interaction with Verizon today and spoke with a sales rep concerning some account changes. We spoke briefly about the BB10 and she was genuinely interested about it coming out. She spoke fondly of BB, how she missed using hers and how she is looking forward to seeing the new one. I see nothing but positive things coming our way soon.
    12-08-12 05:52 PM
    From my experience, clients/customers appreciate an educated salesperson. People are educated about their purchases these days and expect more from a good salesperson. A T-mobile rep saying "BB is dead" in order to improve the odds of a sale today, is ignorant or unethical and that mentality will keep money from your pocket. I would suggest saying something like, "unfortunately that phone wont even be launched until Jan 30th", then proceed to show off the benefits of the best device available. There are honest people the sell for a living.
    I thought the response the OP received from the Verizon rep was a great way to keep hold of a future customer.
    i didnt say `badmouth and say bb is dead` i simply said theyd rather talk about what they can do for you today for a sale than a speculative in the future scenario. its business 101. sell what you have.
    12-08-12 06:27 PM
    Very nice video, I have not seen that one yet and love getting a new look at BB10.
    12-08-12 11:21 PM
    Most employees (sales, tech support, etc) are not aware or trained on devices until the units themselves have been announced for the carrier. Employees will usually go through training approximately a week prior at best before the device goes on sale. Also, the carriers must update their knowledge base that allows the reps to properly field questions about the devices and provide support for issues when consumers call in or access the carrier's website.

Once the device is announced AND given a date for release on a carrier's network, then the employees will have proper knowledge about it. You have to remember some are just like you and use sites such as Crackberry, iMore and Android Central but not every store employee is savvy to the information.
    12-10-12 09:49 AM
    Nice vid.

I expect professional sales folks to be interested and informed about what's going on in their industry. The fact that carriers announce and train only 2 or 3 days prior to availability is not an excuse for failing to take the initiative to inform yourself about your chosen profession. Granted - many of the carrier sales folks are just passing through those stores on their way to other jobs or because their buddy got them hired. I might be expecting too much by considering them sales professionals - some are, for sure, but most seem to be just clerks that can ring up your purchase.
    12-10-12 11:30 AM
    thats so awesome you emailed her the video! good call. i gotta start sending out some videos to some people who have been hating or just dont know yet.
    12-10-12 11:49 AM