Well I find myself about to renew my cell contract and I was holding out for the new BB as I really love the 9900 I have now. But after reading articles on how bad the camera is, no sound profiles, lack of apps (i'm reliving my OS7 experience) and most of all...horrible battery life, I might be looking elsewhere. Im not sure what im asking of the forum members here, but I will be researcing other brands of cells for my contract tomorrow. Just seems like there is more and more "problem" topics emerging.
    big_time2 likes this.
    02-02-13 05:39 PM
    All other things equal (or unequal), CrackBerry is reason enough to go for the BlackBerry Z10!

If you get the Z10 you can come hang out here lots... it turns into an addiction. If you don't get the Z10, not so much.
    miketko, LazyEvul, bizzyqu and 4 others like this.
    02-02-13 05:44 PM
    Honestly, I think the camera issue is overblown. Yes, compared to other products in the industry, you could say the camera is subpar. But when you put that aside, and just view the various pictures taken by actual users in varying real-world conditions, they all look pretty good IMHO. The battery life issue also seems to be a touch overblown, as anyone who is able to produce some actual battery life figures seems to be getting adequate battery life (although even if it does become an issue, a spare battery is pretty cheap, and honestly not as inconvenient as you might imagine). The sound profiles aren't entirely gone, there are just less of them and they are no longer customizable.

Having said that, what it comes to down to is this: does the Z10 cater to your needs better than other products out there? I got a little worried by negativity in reviews at first too, but once I asked myself that question, I realized I would still be extremely happy with the Z10.
    pdn2013 likes this.
    02-02-13 05:45 PM
    Camera doesn't really matter to me - I will take photos occasionally but what really matters to me is usability. And that is what I am most looking forward to.
    Masahiro and big_time2 like this.
    02-02-13 05:52 PM
    Bear in mind that "new phone syndrome" flattens a battery quite quickly. This is only the second day I've owned a Z10 and, after an overnight charge, I switched the phone on at 8am. Since then I've made about 45 minutes of phone calls, downloaded a couple of apps, done some web browsing, checked Facebook quite a lot, used BBM a bit, sent a few SMS messages and the phone has been connected to my car Bluetooth system for about 2 hours and generally had what is a normal days use for me. I still have 60% left in the battery at midnight. Can't see much wrong with that.
    02-02-13 06:03 PM
    I am switching to AT&T for the z10. I see these long threads about the bb 10 launch was lame and I am calling them whiny little idiots. The event was fine and it was cool and made me want the phone more. We know Engadget and the like reviews are bulls*** so I think many are being scared. I feel like webos all over when it was cool but blackberry will keep growing. Can't wait for this os and phone.
    pdn2013 and nocturnal123 like this.
    02-02-13 06:07 PM
    crackberry.com forums for crackberry addicts with Blackberry problems is the best reason to stick with the Berry. That and the Z10 is B@d@ss.
    02-02-13 06:19 PM
    I am switching to AT&T for the z10. I see these long threads about the bb 10 launch was lame and I am calling them whiny little idiots. The event was fine and it was cool and made me want the phone more. We know Engadget and the like reviews are bulls*** so I think many are being scared. I feel like webos all over when it was cool but blackberry will keep growing. Can't wait for this os and phone.
    I don't think you'll be disappointed. I try other phones and I always seem to end up coming back to BlackBerry (the Z10 is my third). This isn't always because of the OS but because BB make devices that puts the phone first. I had an iPhone...a 1 bar signal at home, only 1/2 mile from a mast so useless as a phone (but a great gadget in almost every other way except battery life). Galaxy S3, not much better and an OS that I really don't get on with. Every BB I've owned, 5 bars at home and superb phone coverage in areas that were lousy with other phones.

OS10 really is very easy to use and gives an immediate impression of quality. It's not perfect but I've no doubt future update will address a lot of issues. All that remains to be done is to persuade a few million other users of other phones to try the Z10 and BB10! Oh, and make software updates as easy as an updates to android or iOS!
    pdn2013 likes this.
    02-02-13 06:56 PM
    Well I find myself about to renew my cell contract and I was holding out for the new BB as I really love the 9900 I have now. But after reading articles on how bad the camera is, no sound profiles, lack of apps (i'm reliving my OS7 experience) and most of all...horrible battery life, I might be looking elsewhere. Im not sure what im asking of the forum members here, but I will be researcing other brands of cells for my contract tomorrow. Just seems like there is more and more "problem" topics emerging.
    Ok, first of all.
    The camera isn't horrible, that was a bit overblown by the media, nothing a software update can't fix.
    The battery life, also isn't horrible. CNET stated the battery life had mixed tests, and I forget who, but someone said they got 15 hours of decent use on that thing.
    pdn2013 likes this.
    02-02-13 07:01 PM
    There is a group of people on here that I take their word as gospel when it comes to all things BB. You soon learn who they are. There are others that, I read what they post, consider what they have to say and move to the next post. The final group are those who may be amusing to read but I wouldn't believe a word they say. I recommend not letting yourself get caught up in everyone's opinions and criticisms or you will not feel comfortable buy anything. I admit I got caught up in some of the myths that have been posted here but when my go-to members said differently, I knew what to believe.
    bizzyqu and big_time2 like this.
    02-02-13 07:24 PM
    I'd say go spend a few minutes or half an hour with a demo in a store - play around with the system in your hands and see for yourself if it's really for you or not. Don't only judge a device by the words or pictures you read or see on a screen. Try it out too. That's what I do. I read reviews with a grain of salt (as everyone's expectations and circumstances are different) and add a real life hands-on experience before I make my choice.

As for the camera and battery life, more and more real users (those from the UK) are posting good results. So I don't know whether those other early claims that these features have poor quality hold any water.
    pdn2013 and Spawn12 like this.
    02-02-13 08:35 PM
    Go with your gut, but remember, mobile computing is not a sprint. Its not even a marathon. It's a journey.

I remember being frustrated about battery life with my 9900. I bought a spare battery, and used it almost every day for a month or so. Then an os upgrade came out, and the spare battery hasn't seen the light of day since.

I've had a PlayBook since day 1. Paid full price for a 64 g. It was awesome from day 1, and it gets better and better with each os upgrade. I can't wait for the next one. And I can't wait to pick up my new Z10 at 9:30 am sharp this Tuesday morning.

We are in good hands with the folks from Waterloo.
    pdn2013 likes this.
    02-02-13 09:00 PM
    Trust me, the review on the battery thing is biased. I currently have a Galaxy S3 for few months, and now its battery can't hold for 4-6hrs. I have to constantly charge it at work, via USB cable from my PC. Not sure why, since i have less than 10 apps installed. Based on the phone's info, the screen takes about 60% of all the battery drainage, even with power saving being on and I set to Auto for the brightness. I am not happy at all with the S3's battery life right now. The Gizmodo's review has Z10 for 10-11hrs, or more in some days, which is way better than my S3 now. So, ignore those biased reviews (including the camera), and look at actual Z10 users' reviews (Mobile Phones | Best Mobile Phone Deals on the Latest Phones | Phones 4u). They are more useful.

On the camera's review, I wonder who would want to take pictures without flash? That's certainly not smart, as it will produce unclear and easily blurry pictures. I myself NEVER take pictures without having either flash on or auto flash. IMO, the Z10's camera seems to be on par as my S3's for non low-light situations, based on the Z10 pictures I saw online.

02-02-13 09:38 PM
    This is what I am expecting of BB10's upgrades. I only see it gets better and better with better features and stability. I remember I was often frustrated with Android's earlier versions than 4.0. I am expecting the same things with BB10's upgrades. I thought the current 1.0 version is pretty good for day 1. Nothing is perfect, even Android still has bugs and needs to continue to evolve.

Z10's high security really sells me. With Z10, I supposedly can download free apps on Personal space, so personal/work information on my Work space can't be compromised. Everytime i download free apps on my S3, I always have a concern about them stealing my personal/work information in the background without knowing my knowledge.

I really can't wait to get the Z10, if I am lucky. I am really crossing my finger that Sprint will eventually get the Z10. It seems only Q10 will be offered. Hopefully, the demand in UK, Canada and other countries will keep pressure on Sprint to offer Z10.

Go with your gut, but remember, mobile computing is not a sprint. Its not even a marathon. It's a journey.

I remember being frustrated about battery life with my 9900. I bought a spare battery, and used it almost every day for a month or so. Then an os upgrade came out, and the spare battery hasn't seen the light of day since.

I've had a PlayBook since day 1. Paid full price for a 64 g. It was awesome from day 1, and it gets better and better with each os upgrade. I can't wait for the next one. And I can't wait to pick up my new Z10 at 9:30 am sharp this Tuesday morning.

We are in good hands with the folks from Waterloo.
    02-02-13 09:47 PM
    so you are buying an unlocked device? from where?

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    02-02-13 09:55 PM
    Wow, that's way much better than my S3 nowdays. Mine lasts for 4-6hrs, and needs constant charging at work. Very unhappy with my S3's battery performance and is looking forward to hold a Z10 in March, hopefully with Sprint

Bear in mind that "new phone syndrome" flattens a battery quite quickly. This is only the second day I've owned a Z10 and, after an overnight charge, I switched the phone on at 8am. Since then I've made about 45 minutes of phone calls, downloaded a couple of apps, done some web browsing, checked Facebook quite a lot, used BBM a bit, sent a few SMS messages and the phone has been connected to my car Bluetooth system for about 2 hours and generally had what is a normal days use for me. I still have 60% left in the battery at midnight. Can't see much wrong with that.
    02-02-13 09:56 PM
    Forums are just as helpful as they are a source of confusion.....I'm sure u know that. Trick for you is to understand who are the ones worth considering. Here, start with Kevin....he's proven to be on top of things and to provide objective, honest, and credible insight...good or bad.

I've spent a considerable amount of time since launch reading all reviews...good and bad and quite frankly, it's inevitable to encounter both. It is a new OS, that's poised to get better as it matures. It just depends if you're a glass half empty kind of person...good luck in your choice.
    02-02-13 09:58 PM
    Wow, if it performs like what you describe, bar wise, I am super charged to get it now! I am curious how it compares to S3, signal performance wise. My S3 performs pretty well, but at times not so well. But it was much better than my HTC 4G Shift.

I don't think you'll be disappointed. I try other phones and I always seem to end up coming back to BlackBerry (the Z10 is my third). This isn't always because of the OS but because BB make devices that puts the phone first. I had an iPhone...a 1 bar signal at home, only 1/2 mile from a mast so useless as a phone (but a great gadget in almost every other way except battery life). Galaxy S3, not much better and an OS that I really don't get on with. Every BB I've owned, 5 bars at home and superb phone coverage in areas that were lousy with other phones.

OS10 really is very easy to use and gives an immediate impression of quality. It's not perfect but I've no doubt future update will address a lot of issues. All that remains to be done is to persuade a few million other users of other phones to try the Z10 and BB10! Oh, and make software updates as easy as an updates to android or iOS!
    02-02-13 10:01 PM
    IMO Comparing to the 9900 the camera is fantastic! Battery life is greatly improved too and the keyboard is simply the best virtual keyboard out there! .. honestly it takes time getting use to and figuring out how everything works and where everything is.. most of these complaints are to quickly given.. If you take the time to really test everything out I doubt you'll be disappointed
    02-03-13 01:52 AM
    I seem to recall Apple getting stick over its earlier cameras.. its not perfect (yet) and it only really needs some timing tweaks to get it corrected.
    02-03-13 01:55 AM
    I'd say go spend a few minutes or half an hour with a demo in a store - play around with the system in your hands and see for yourself if it's really for you or not. Don't only judge a device by the words or pictures you read or see on a screen. Try it out too. That's what I do. I read reviews with a grain of salt (as everyone's expectations and circumstances are different) and add a real life hands-on experience before I make my choice.

As for the camera and battery life, more and more real users (those from the UK) are posting good results. So I don't know whether those other early claims that these features have poor quality hold any water.
    Thanks everyone for your comments and support!

I wish we could demo some phones. Unfortunatly Ive never seen that allowed. All they have is dummy phones except for the Iphone. Ive always wished you could try out individual phones and OS's before making a 3 yr commitment.
    02-03-13 05:14 AM
    so you are buying an unlocked device? from where?

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    Nowhere unlocked lol. I am waiting till march when AT&T releases it.
    02-03-13 08:55 AM
    I've been doing A LOT of reading (more so than normal) here on Crackberry as well. I thought the Z10 was a lock and I would be getting one on release date....NOT to sure at the moment, the March release date for the US allowed me to do more RESEARCH and reading and quite frankly I'm just not sold totally on the Z10. Understanding that there will be more negative reviews because when your happy with a product there is not as much to say as when your not happy with a product. My continued RESEARCH will definitely take me into a store for a hands on experience. This will allow ME to make a decision on what best fits my mobile lifestyle need and wants. This is a ALL NEW BLACKBERRY......its NOT my fathers Blackberry anymore......Its a CHANGE.
    02-03-13 09:11 AM

Yep this is what id do and what im planning to do myself either today or tommorrow, hopefully the places ill be going to have a look and hopefully buy one will have demo units to play around with. They should to be honest but i know alot of them wont.

But nothing in my honest opinion beats hands on experience, you might find its not for you and you might find its perfect. With online reviews you just dont know whether they are being paid to slate the device or they are being truly objective with their reviews. Its so easy to hate on Blackberry these days, everyone seems to be doing it. But for me no amount of online reviews or video reviews will convince me to buy the Z10 until i actually get a chance to play with one myself. Then and only then ill be better placed to decide whether to get the z10 or hang fire till the q10 comes out.
    02-03-13 09:12 AM
    This is what I am expecting of BB10's upgrades. I only see it gets better and better with better features and stability. I remember I was often frustrated with Android's earlier versions than 4.0. I am expecting the same things with BB10's upgrades. I thought the current 1.0 version is pretty good for day 1. Nothing is perfect, even Android still has bugs and needs to continue to evolve.

Z10's high security really sells me. With Z10, I supposedly can download free apps on Personal space, so personal/work information on my Work space can't be compromised. Everytime i download free apps on my S3, I always have a concern about them stealing my personal/work information in the background without knowing my knowledge.

I really can't wait to get the Z10, if I am lucky. I am really crossing my finger that Sprint will eventually get the Z10. It seems only Q10 will be offered. Hopefully, the demand in UK, Canada and other countries will keep pressure on Sprint to offer Z10.
    ^^+10 right here. The next six months WILL show the new leaderships commitment to improving this OS. I expect they are very aware of the issues that need fixing and are preparring updates as we speak.
    02-03-13 09:17 AM
28 12