It would be the world's greatest logistics trick for rim to ship its phones to Verizon stores across the US without anyone noticing.
    I wonder how you would do it. Ship them as something else and then send a message to each store at the correct time to open or something.

Too many moving parts, someone would get curious and open the boxes no matter what it said I bet.

The week of the 4th seems the most likely for big red to me.
    01-27-13 08:06 AM
    This thread says otherwise (Verizon employees don't even know what BB10 is):
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...36/index2.html
    01-27-13 08:15 AM
    I would like to point out that my Verizon Store did not know anything about the Storm prior to a week before launch. The Storm even had some advertisement before release. The Storm2 and Bold 9930 were even worse. For the Storm2 they literally had no idea until the night before that they were getting a shipment (of 10 devices no less). They did not even hear of it, and Verizon officially announced the day. I think this idea of "training" is overrated considering most of the recent BlackBerry launches were done without any training. Even with the Storm they did not seem to get any training and that was a new OS.... Same thing with BB OS 7. So, I think Verizon could ship anytime regardless, and they would sell hordes of them. The initial release will have buzz without training. They can always train later.
    01-27-13 09:19 AM
    I wonder how you would do it. Ship them as something else and then send a message to each store at the correct time to open or something.

Too many moving parts, someone would get curious and open the boxes no matter what it said I bet.

The week of the 4th seems the most likely for big red to me.
    Put an Apple logo on it, nobody would question it. lol
    jimpilot and 00stryder like this.
    01-27-13 10:43 AM
    I would like to point out that my Verizon Store did not know anything about the Storm prior to a week before launch.
    I was in a Verizon corporate store yesterday. The rep I talked to had heard about BlackBerry 10 devices personally, but she said nothing had been communicated to them by Verizon.

Interestingly, she said that from prior experience, they'll hear something about a week in advance.

SM
    01-27-13 10:54 AM
    I will admit the fact that we have not heard any leaks, about when, from Verizon makes me think it could be a good while after launch! I hope not!!!
    01-27-13 04:17 PM
    I will admit the fact that we have not heard any leaks, about when, from Verizon makes me think it could be a good while after launch! I hope not!!!
    We have heard, the CMO AND CEO confirmed they will have it at launch. So around the time the first company gets it they will have it
    01-27-13 06:11 PM
    This thread says otherwise (Verizon employees don't even know what BB10 is):
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...36/index2.html
    Thats a lie...BlackBerry Z10 dummy model with Verizon branding spotted | CrackBerry.com
    they know what it is they just arent talking
    01-27-13 06:12 PM
    That would be GREAT if Verizon got the Z10 on Jan 30, doubtful that will happen.....I guess we will see in a couple of hours
    01-27-13 06:17 PM
    I know they are in Canada but that means nothing ]. Rogers, Bell etc have usually gotten the Blackberrys before the majority but after the first
    No offence dude, You have no clue what you are talking about.... Rogers was the first in all of the world to have the Bold 9000, Torch 9800 and Bold 9900, so please tell me where you are getting your MISinformation from?

I am willing to drop $1000 that Rogers is the very first carrier in the world to sell the BlackBerry 10 phones.
    01-27-13 06:40 PM
    No offence dude, You have no clue what you are talking about.... Rogers was the first in all of the world to have the Bold 9000, Torch 9800 and Bold 9900, so please tell me where you are getting your MISinformation from?

I am willing to drop $1000 that Rogers is the very first carrier in the world to sell the BlackBerry 10 phones.
    I think the 9800 was available in the US months before it was in Canada.
    01-27-13 07:03 PM
    We have heard, the CMO AND CEO confirmed they will have it at launch. So around the time the first company gets it they will have it

Show me the link where the CMO and CEO confirmed they will have it at launch please. That's news to me.
    01-27-13 07:04 PM
    Show me the link where the CMO and CEO confirmed they will have it at launch please. That's news to me.
    Right Here Verizon CMO confirms they will have BlackBerry 10 at launch | CrackBerry.com
    01-27-13 07:07 PM

You named like 3 out of all the Blackberrys. Rogers didn't have the 9800 until later
    01-27-13 07:09 PM
    You named like 3 out of all the Blackberrys. Rogers didn't have the 9800 until later
    Correct! AT&T got the Torch well before Rogers did..
    01-27-13 07:48 PM
    That's an almost 4 month old article. We'll see who's right shortly.
    01-27-13 09:47 PM
    Ok my bad, but the 9000 and the 9900 were launched world wide first on Rogers. 2 of the most signifcant releases for RIM was the Bold series, released first on Rogers. So I have my confidence that Rogers will release the Z10 and X10 first on Rogers either by the end of Next week for the Z10 or early the next week before any other carrier
    01-27-13 09:54 PM
    Folks here on Crackberry constantly confuse the January 30th launch date with the actual releases of phones by carriers. It does not surprise me that a random Verizon rep would also make this error.

That said if it did come to pass that would be beyond awesome. VZW is my carrier. Lol.

Sent from my BlackBerry Torch 9850 using Tapatalk
    00stryder likes this.
    01-27-13 09:58 PM
    My guess would be the worldwide "launch " is really the unveiling of BB 10 officially. That is on Wednesday. I see Tuesday February 5 as the most logical actual sale date. You can order on Monday and receive your BB10 on the actual release date of Tuesday February 5. That is how I got my 9930. My 2 cents.
    01-27-13 10:46 PM
    AFAIK Rogers released the 99xx Bold first. Verizon was definitely the first in the states though, and not far behind Rogers. With the amount of leaks we've been seeing with Verizon, I wouldn't be surprised if the same is true. Also, remember this image that leaked not long ago..

[speculation] Verizon will Have Z10'S on Jan 30th.-ba5fnthcuaehaly.jpg

Now obviously Verizon has that page ready, but will not push it live until the Z10 is officially revealed on Wednesday. If they decide to go with that same format, you'll see there is an e-mail registration with it. In MY opinion, I think Verizon will post that splash page on the 30th, give a week or two to get the word out there, and they will release around Feb 14. It's just an educated guess though. Earlier would be great.
    01-27-13 10:54 PM
    I will be in Vegas on the 5th but I was in Reno when the 9930 dropped and had no problem having it overnights to my hotel. Maybe it a good omen for me on the 5th.
    01-27-13 11:18 PM
    Well. I'm no prognosticator but the CMO said " AVAILABLE AT LAUNCH ". These companies normally say available " SOON AFTER LAUNCH ". Which leaves a lot open for interpretation in terms of availability in stores. I think if US carriers get it in stores before the end of Feb. nobody would be too upset.
    01-28-13 09:22 AM
    I would like to see where you guys are hearing "Available at launch"? please link... Everything I have heard is shortly after the launch...
    01-28-13 11:38 AM
    All that CNET article says is: "Erwin confirmed Verizon would sell a BlackBerry 10 smartphone when Research in Motion launches them in the first quarter."

I wouldn't take that to mean they will launch right away.
    01-28-13 11:50 AM
    And considering that commitment was made before the January 30th launch date, RIM had stated they would be launching in Q1 2013, that was before the January 30th launch date, so all Erwin is saying is that they will have BB10 phones in Q1 2013!! Doesn't say January 30th...

Speculation BUSTED
    01-28-13 12:03 PM
84 1234