Even if 10.1 was ready to release now, remember where you are folks. This is the US, do you really believe that all the carriers will release the update when it's ready, they have to add their restrictions and bloatware to the release. This carrier problem in the states really needs to be addressed.
    Hmmm.....actually this isn't the US, its CrackBerry and its a global nation!
    Just Me and kevinnugent like this.
    03-31-13 08:54 AM
    i hope at least they can fix the Android app side loading we download. I heard that they gonna fix the battery problem.

Posted via CB10
    They fixed the "Battery Problem" SOME people had in the last OS update. What is the issue with side loading? I haven't seen any.

Posted from my Z10. via CB10
    03-31-13 09:04 AM
    They fixed the "Battery Problem" SOME people had in the last OS update. What is the issue with side loading? I haven't seen any.

If the battery problem is fixed, my device didn't get the memo.

This is since going off the charger at 9pm and being used sparingly this morning.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 145695
    03-31-13 09:11 AM

Posted via CB10
    And you went through ALL the other threads and checklists to correct the problem? I find it odd that some will have a battery issue but we have the same OS. Defective battery? Something you have side loaded?
    Is "Link" sent to wirelessly sync to your Z10? Tech support with your carrier?

03-31-13 09:14 AM
    The update for BlackBerry OS 10.1 should be released now and then the other enhancements can be released in May. The tweet is yet another excuse by BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    You do kno this is not an official statement from blackberry right? And this twitter account use to go by the handle blackberryleaks which has been proven wrong over and over again in the past, so how is it an excuse by blackberry?

Do people even read previous comments? Omg

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 09:15 AM
    [QUOTE=K00na;8231442The opposite is the case. RIM, a company on the edge, can be glad that people like their products and chose to buy them for a lot of money in a market full of competition. I accept that a new OS has its flaws and limitations and needs a bit of time to mature. But if I was in a position comparable to BlackBerry, I would do anything to show my customers that I try to satisfy them. And I would start by publishing software fixes frequently, not when all any any new features are added but at the time one individual fix works.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this sentiment, too...
    03-31-13 09:17 AM
    To those saying there is no rush.... actually, there is a rush.

Myself and many others do not have functioning email on our phones. A lot of people who use POP haven't been able to send emails for a few weeks, it is a bug with the OS that BBRY know about. This has effectively made my device a toy, and i can't use it for work, luckily I still have my trusty 9900 on another line which has had to take over email duties again.

Posted via CB10
    currentodysseys likes this.
    03-31-13 09:23 AM
    Well, the Z10 works till now so I am not chasing for an update. Anyway, if 'may' turns out to be true, it's only a month away.
    Agreed. I'm too busy loving this new OS to be concerned about the next update. Besides, as has been said numerous times, the source is suspect at best.
    sleepngbear likes this.
    03-31-13 09:28 AM
    I can't wait for th update, not a mjaor concern if it doesn't come out right away. As long as it actually fixes something i am more then happy.
    03-31-13 09:30 AM
    And you went through ALL the other threads and checklists to correct the problem? I find it odd that some will have a battery issue but we have the same OS. Defective battery? Something you have side loaded?

Do you SERIOUSLY think I didn't troubleshoot?
    Or that I'm the ONLY one reporting this?

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 09:31 AM

Many of us are experiencing this. I had to charge three times yesterday.

Posted via CB10
    007Storm likes this.
    03-31-13 09:36 AM
    Bug corrections and recovery of OS7 will more than welcome... #dreamer

Posted via CB10 for iPhone.
    03-31-13 09:39 AM
    Not later than May.

Hope so.

How long did they take for PlayBook 2.0?

Posted via CB10
    I really think (read: sincerely hope!) that the PlayBook development timeline was in no way indicative of how updates to BB10 will come for the phones now. Whether intended or not, PlayBook was a testbed for the platform, and while they were supporting it, they were cramming to get BB10 and the Z10 out the door. And remember, we did get incremental updates to the PB fairly frequently early on, even though it was awhile before we got 2.0, which was a pretty significant revision.

They WANTED the PlayBook to be popular, but they NEED BB10 to succeed. I'm sure they know they can't drag their feet getting wanted features to BB10. On the majorly plus side, BlackBerry is obviously listening to its customers regarding those features.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 09:40 AM
    There are definitely some gaps so I'd be excited at some of those being filled. Looking forward to the update.

Steve, Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 09:45 AM
    The update for BlackBerry OS 10.1 should be released now and then the other enhancements can be released in May. The tweet is yet another excuse by BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    My sentiments exactly Kill_9 release now, BlackBerry need to make it look like they are doing something. Then roll monthly updates.

Their chief marketing officer needs to do some serious arse kicking.

Mike posted via CB10
    03-31-13 10:06 AM
    I don't think it's accurate to assume that BB10 updates will be as slow as PlayBook updates just because they're both based on QNX. BB10 is the priority, whether we like it or not.

BlackBerry is betting the future on BB10's success, and I'm sure they've got every available development resource dedicated to it!

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 10:06 AM
    I don't think it's accurate to assume that BB10 updates will be as slow as PlayBook updates just because they're both based on QNX. BB10 is the priority, whether we like it or not.

BlackBerry is betting the future on BB10's success, and I'm sure they've got every available development resource dedicated to it!

Posted via CB10
    If not, They certainly should. I expect action quicker than May also.

Steve, Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 10:12 AM
    Hey I'm ok with waiting longer if they are adding more features

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    sleepngbear likes this.
    03-31-13 10:21 AM
    To end speculation https://developer.blackberry.com/nat...nativesdk.html

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    03-31-13 10:26 AM
    My sentiments exactly Kill_9 release now, BlackBerry need to make it look like they are doing something. Then roll monthly updates.

Their chief marketing officer needs to do some serious arse kicking.

Mike posted via CB10
    Yes, because they've obviously just kicked back and relaxed doing absolutely nothing now that the Z10 is finally out.
    Marc_Paradise and needforbbx like this.
    03-31-13 10:35 AM
    Many of us are experiencing this. I had to charge three times yesterday.

Posted via CB10
    Wow, that's awful. I hope they at least roll out a maintenance update for those experiencing battery life this horrible, or the apps that are causing this are updated/optimized.

My battery easily lasts all day, but I'm not using many apps that would be constantly checking for updates, syncing over wireless, etc... Not to say that using these apps should kill your battery this quickly though.

I'm hoping 10.1 will not only address this, but will bring back a LOT of the customization options we had in BBOS. I love BB10, but I find myself missing the little things that the old OS did so well.
    03-31-13 10:37 AM
    With the q10 launch coming up, I have a hard time believing may is the release date. That is too far out

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 10:37 AM
    Do you SERIOUSLY think I didn't troubleshoot?
    Or that I'm the ONLY one reporting this?

Posted via CB10
    Attitude isn't needed, am I to assume everyone on Crackberry troubleshoots before asking questions here? I highly doubt most people do.
    And no, there a few reporting this, but after following all these posts for many weeks now, I've seen many of the people reporting the battery problem find their issue.
    Good luck with yours.

BB_Bmore likes this.
    03-31-13 10:46 AM
    With the q10 launch coming up, I have a hard time believing may is the release date. That is too far out

Posted via CB10
    No they said before maxim thinking mid April

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    03-31-13 10:47 AM

This is since going off the charger at 9pm and being used sparingly this morning.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 145695
    I know I've had the Z10 slightly longer than you, and I've found the battery has improved over time. Yesterday was my best day. With moderate use, after 14 hours, I had 40% left. I hope it stays like this. (I am at 90% right now)
    03-31-13 11:08 AM
149 12345 ...