I need this off. I've messed with all my settings and can't turn it off. If I try typing texting it types testing. I've never typed the word testing so I don't understand where it's getting these horrible predictions from

Sent From My BlackBerry Z10
    04-01-13 10:29 PM
    I know that feeling. Gone through it.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 10:33 PM
    Settings, language and input, automated assistance, turn off auto correct with space bar. But it will eventually learn the words you want it to. Patience

Posted via CB10
    FrankIAm and R Field like this.
    04-01-13 10:34 PM
    You can turn it off in language/input settings and automated correction or whatever that option is. Did you just think "oh, I'm not sure if there's an option for this, so I'll just post a thread cause I'm too lazy to figure things out for myself"?

Edit: The guy above me wrote it down step by step for you. Enjoy.
    04-01-13 10:35 PM
    Also, the word "texting" should have been floating above the spacebar. You can swipe to select that, instead of the suggested word. The prediction is what makes the virtual keyboard so good, so give it some time to learn your words, and I expect you'll be very happy with the results.
    04-01-13 10:38 PM
    You can also swipe the Rd that you typed above the predictions will display the word you typed.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 10:40 PM
    Adding words to your custom dictionary also makes a huge difference

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 10:52 PM
    Adding words to your custom dictionary also makes a huge difference

Posted via CB10
    I have many many words in there. But I don't see it learning if I'm still swiping up and backspacing. And if I turn off auto correction it WONT allow my custom words to work. For those with the useless replies

04-01-13 11:28 PM
    I have many many words in there. But I don't see it learning if I'm still swiping up and backspacing. And if I turn off auto correction it WONT allow my custom words to work. For those with the useless replies

Well sorry that it's not working out for you. Especially since most other people managed to figure it out

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 11:43 AM
    If you swipe up in the space bar just a few times with the words that you want, even if the are miss spelled it will just leave them there. It learns very fast, give it a shot before turning it off.

Posted via CB10
    pandapurple likes this.
    04-02-13 11:48 AM

This. I have plenty of custom words that can't work without turning on spacebar prediction 'feature'. I decided its more hassle (more misses than hits) than what its worth so I just turn it off altogether and type everything manually.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 11:48 AM
    This. I have plenty of custom words that can't work without turning on spacebar prediction 'feature'. I decided its more hassle (more misses than hits) than what its worth so I just turn it off altogether and type everything manually.

Posted via CB10
    Yea its definitely horrible. I just want my typing feature back. I don't need all this typing help. I just want to be able to hit y for why, r for area and fb for facebook. Those kinda things is all I need. I can't even type text without yest coming up. And it came up over 100 times already so I don't see how this phone is supposed to learn.

04-02-13 11:52 AM
    R for are I meant. Can't even type anything without it screwing it up

04-02-13 11:54 AM
    I need this off. I've messed with all my settings and can't turn it off. If I try typing texting it types testing. I've never typed the word testing so I don't understand where it's getting these horrible predictions from

On the contrary, you most likely had accepted "testing" unknowingly more than once, and your keyboard has remembered it as your most likely choice. Suggest that you type "texting" again, look for where "texting" appears, either above the space bar, or somewhere in-line, flick it. Back out of whatever app this is, and try again. For good measure, do this TWICE. It should sort your keyboard out.
    04-02-13 11:55 AM
    Yea its definitely horrible. I just want my typing feature back. I don't need all this typing help. I just want to be able to hit y for why, r for are and fb for facebook. Those kinda things is all I need. I can't even type text without yest coming up. And it came up over 100 times already so I don't see how this phone is supposed to learn.

Go to Word Substitution. Set it up there. The predictive keyboard can't do this.
    04-02-13 11:59 AM

Posted via CB10
    Not a good idea, if I may say. Because it means you are not experiencing the full benefit of the keyboard. Too slow. Switch it back on, and give yourself some time. I was too happy finding out how fast and intelligent the keyboard is. You just type, words appear gibberish at first but the auto-correct sorts itself out beautifully.
    04-02-13 12:02 PM
    Go to Word Substitution. Set it up there. The predictive keyboard can't do this.
    Oh it can't? So why is that my words completely stop when I disable auto correction

04-02-13 12:30 PM
    Oh it can't? So why is that my words completely stop when I disable auto correction

Not sure what you are trying to say above.

I was referring to you wanting to use "r" for "are" etc. The predictive capability on the keyboard can't do this. For example, when I type "r", the keyboard starts to guess and only gives me "Thanks", "To", "Telstra" which are too far from intention.

What you want is Word Substitution. Go to your Settings. Tap on "Word Substitution" to access to next page. Add your new shortcuts there.
    04-02-13 12:37 PM
    Not sure what you are trying to say above.

I was referring to you wanting to use "r" for "are" etc. The predictive capability on the keyboard can't do this. For example, when I type "r", the keyboard starts to guess and only gives me "Thanks", "To", "Telstra" which are too far from intention.

What you want is Word Substitution. Go to your Settings. Tap on "Word Substitution" to access to next page. Add your new shortcuts there.
    Sorry if I confused you. This is what I want:
    Word substitution without the words on space bar. As of now I need both active. If I disable word substitution it obviously won't work and if I disable word correction it disables my substitution and my saved words don't work. I pretty much just want these blue words off my space bar. I wanna be able to type idk without it correcting it to something else

04-02-13 01:37 PM
    Word substitution. If you input idk for I don't know, the moment you hit the space bar, you'd get it.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 01:47 PM