Not a fix more like an adjustment, I wanted to know if there is a way to turn off the auto correct that you have on the space bar, it is useful but sometimes annoying cuz I don't tend to look at the space bar when I type and it gets pretty frustrating having to look so that I don't type the wrong word

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 08:25 PM
    Don't think there is.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 08:26 PM
    Don't think there is.

Posted via CB10
    That's bad news, that is mainly the only downside there is to the awesome keyboard, but I guess it's a small price to pay

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 08:30 PM
    There is a setting in the keyboard area of settings fo turn it off to turn it off.
    03-31-13 08:33 PM
    I encourage you to head over to the Beta Zone and sign up for the BB10 Community. There is a feature request thread. Blackberry.com/beta

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 08:33 PM
    Go to settings and then language and input.. then automated assistance.. change enable auto correction to off (fix errors by pressing space)..

Posted via CB10
    FrankIAm likes this.
    03-31-13 08:34 PM
    Yes, there is. Disable enable auto correction, under automated assistance.

Space bar fix?-img_00000099.png

Please, refrain from giving people false information before doing research.
    ciabo and larsonage like this.
    03-31-13 08:36 PM
    Lmao

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 08:48 PM
    Hilarious.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 09:51 PM
    Yes, there is. Disable enable auto correction, under automated assistance.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000099.png 
Views:	1465 
Size:	130.5 KB 
ID:	145899

Please, refrain from giving people false information before doing research.
    Thanks, if i disable that, I'll still be getting the word suggestions on the frets of the keyboard right?

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 11:40 PM
    Thanks, if i disable that, I'll still be getting the word suggestions on the frets of the keyboard right?

Posted via CB10
    Totally, suggestions are still there. And it even suggests a correction in case you miss spell a word.
    elGuapoTorres likes this.
    03-31-13 11:44 PM
    Totally, suggestions are still there. And it even suggests a correction in case you miss spell a word.

Good. I can't tell you how many times I've had that thing suggest something other than the word I just typed and wanted, and PREVENTED me from pressing the spacebar to go to the next word without changing what I just wrote! AAAaarrggghgh.
    04-01-13 02:11 PM
    All you have to do is swipe up from the space bar to ignore the auto correct suggestion and use your misspelling or your proper noun. that way you can keep your auto correct on space active. Cheers.
    04-01-13 02:53 PM
    All you have to do is swipe up from the space bar to ignore the auto correct suggestion and use your misspelling or your proper noun. that way you can keep your auto correct on space active. Cheers.
    I know but there are people who are still getting used to the flicking up words, so the best thing is to give it some time

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 04:24 PM
    If you accidentally insert the space bar suggestion, two backspace taps will change the word back to the one you intended to type. Then you can hit the now blank space bar and keep typing.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    elGuapoTorres and sosof like this.
    04-01-13 05:05 PM
    Good. I can't tell you how many times I've had that thing suggest something other than the word I just typed and wanted, and PREVENTED me from pressing the spacebar to go to the next word without changing what I just wrote! AAAaarrggghgh.
    All you had to do was swipe up. Took me a while to learn that also.
    04-01-13 05:14 PM
    The keyboard has been getting all my words correct since it started learning my frequently used words etc. The space bar is what is necessary to select the words I want and continue with the next word. I think the OP isn't using the keyboard properly, or has a lot of words that are non traditional?

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 05:39 PM
    You do know you can swipe up from the space bar to avoid the auto correct. The word above is actually the one you typed.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 05:47 PM
    If you turn off auto correct your words in library won't work. For ex: bb-blackberry

Sent From My BlackBerry Z10
    04-01-13 05:56 PM
    You do know you can swipe up from the space bar to avoid the auto correct. The word above is actually the one you typed.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah of course but I'm still getting used to the keyboard and it gets a little annoying, maybe when I get more familiarized I can enable auto correct again

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 06:57 PM
    Yeah of course but I'm still getting used to the keyboard and it gets a little annoying, maybe when I get more familiarized I can enable auto correct again

Posted via CB10
    The best approach to this, is actually NOT to disable auto correct. When you defer it, you may find yourself a steeper learning curve, as the beauty of the keyboard is how it uses predictive texts and that it adapts to your typing. Be brave.
    04-01-13 07:15 PM
    If you accidentally insert the space bar suggestion, two backspace taps will change the word back to the one you intended to type.
    Or, one quick flick back across the keyboard will revert the word back.

After being plagued by the space bar changing correctly typed words to random ones I have come to the realization that I need to start flicking up. This is after I started getting correctly spelled words corrected to blatant typos. ie: �out� becomes �oit� or what have you. The only thing I can figure is I so frequently mistyped the word that it eventually figured I wanted the typo. The only way I can figure to combat this is to actually flick up, be it on the spacebar if I have to. I figure this way it will actually know what I intended to type and not assume my constant typos are in fact words.

This, I believe, is mostly due to my spastic sloppy typing, which the Z10 has been letting me get away with, well up until this new problem started to creep up. Now I kinda feel like the keyboard is so good I have to relearn how to use a phone keyboard again. Do I look at what I am typing and never look at the keyboard relying on the backspace when the autocorrect goofs, or do I look solely at the keyboard and rely on the flick up assuming everything is typed correctly? Two things are for sure, I am very fast on it and it is aggravating my dyslexia.
    04-01-13 07:18 PM
    Yes, but the point is, all I want to do is type a space character. I don't want to have to keep staring at the screen when I already know exactly what I want to do. I'm a very fast physical keyboard typist, and tbh I think a lot of these 'smarty-pants enhancements' are mostly useful to slow typists who don't mind constantly having their oftentimes quirky word/grammar choices "corrected".

If you accidentally insert the space bar suggestion, two backspace taps will change the word back to the one you intended to type. Then you can hit the now blank space bar and keep typing.
    Once again, that's a waste of my time, a hassle and a distraction.

I recognize that many people like that stuff. But when you type 100wpm on a physical keyboard, really, it ends up just being a PITA. Which is why I am increasingly coming to the conclusion that I'm just one of those classic, Blackberry physical keyboard users...

Seems to me that one of the great advantages a Q10 would have, for me, would be the fact that the stupid onscreen keyboard is not constantly popping up on top of something on the screen I need to see. That in itself could be the deciding factor. Especially with android-ports or poorly-designed native apps that don't account for how the onscreen keyboard is often on top of a bunch of the content you are trying to see in order to decide what to type.
    04-01-13 07:46 PM