Heres an opinion from an ex android user and a current Windows Phone 8 user.

Starting off, its been said that Black Berry has had a 200% increase in market share, as well Windows Phone has had a 380% increase, and as my android crazy friend states, "great, so the phone went from 2 users to 6." Unfortunately I'd have to agree. While Apple has a 20% increase that's most likely just 1% of their users, if even. While a 380% for Windows Phone took it from 1% to a wooping 2.5%.
    I believe that Blackberry and Windows Phone both have the potential to get higher in the market, and hopefully replace Android which is bound to fail. As of now however the issue I see is that BlackBerry is a business phone, with blackberry 10 they attempted to make it more of an iPhone and Android type phone and appeal to the everyday consumers rather then the business people who need the phones. Personally, I'd feel it better if BlackBerry were to pull an IBM and go fully business. Focus completely on the emails, texts, and calls aspect of the phone and worry about apps when they finally have all that perfected which it seems they don't.

If they don't hurry up and fix BlackBerry 10 then Apple, Android and Windows Phone still all have a fairly good chance to replace the BlackBerrys spot as the top used Business Phone.
    Bravo. What OS10 brings new, android has had since 4.0. While I still find os10 interface much more fluid and professional, I can't dismiss the fact that otherwise it is not much different with many business features gone.

It is sad your note 2 has proper multiple alarms. It is even sadder that with free profile scheduler from android market it makes Z10 sound profile management look a joke, it is sad galaxy note2 can sync with outlook, it is sad it has more apps (like 10 times) and we don't have native Skype (and won't) WhatsApp, proper pod casting app, mind mapping software, Microsoft project viewers, ever note fully featured client (built in integration is very limited in features comparing to proper clients for ios or Android). Also note2 has proper caller ID, not like iphone. Z10 though took it from the latter.

Productivity is not about nice gestures and swipes. It is a fraction. And while we can beat iphonners in fluidity, we have nothing to brag about except that.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    Jermanicus and ryker002 like this.
    02-10-13 01:51 AM
    HTTPS uses 128 bit security which was hacked a couple of years ago.

Red alert: HTTPS has been hacked | Security - InfoWorld

BIS (AFAIK) uses 256 bit encryption which to the best of my knowledge has not been hacked. This security level is what in my opinion made the Blackberry, well, a Blackberry. If they are using Activesync what makes the Blackberry any different from other manufacturers' handsets?
    JeepBB and Mecca EL like this.
    02-10-13 03:59 AM

BIS (AFAIK) uses 256 bit encryption which to the best of my knowledge has not been hacked. This security level is what in my opinion made the Blackberry, well, a Blackberry. If they are using Activesync what makes the Blackberry any different from other manufacturers' handsets?
    Well, blackberry logo and different operating system.

02-10-13 04:06 AM
    How do you know this?

I would love to think they are taking it all in. But RIM does not have a good history in this area: their previous modus operandi (as with the 2011 outage) was to clam up and say nothing and hope the problem goes away and solves itself.
    I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere that the outage was due to attempting at the time to get the new BB10 OS running along side of the Legacy OS on the same servers. The QNX os wasn't compatible and crashed the servers, hence the outage. If that's the case, I can understand RIM (BBRY) trying to keep quiet. How would it sound that the new OS they were developing doesn't work on the RIM servers?
    02-10-13 12:04 PM
    lots of "Sorry I am returning" posts. Why the 'sorry'? is it like "You won't get my phone because I am returning it"?

A bit interested in the "portrait to landscape" problem. Most time I use the phone in portrait mode and there is an option to "auto-rotate screen" in Android that I keep unchecked. BB10 has an option like that?
    I'm more disappointed than sorry. Disappointed with the bugs, the removal of so many great OS7 features, the horrible battery life, and the inferiority of the product.

I am excited for the Q10 however. Hopefully it will address some of the deficiencies found in the Awkardberry.
    02-10-13 01:45 PM

A read of the whole article shows that it was only users of old versions of https that were endangered. Anything using the current version of SSL or TLS is immune.

Besides, ActiveSync supports whatever type of encryption you choose to use. For example, many Exchange users of it utilize AES-256. The key here is how has Blackberry provisioned BB10 on its phones for encryption - if they provisioned them to use AES-256 there is no loss of security. And....looking at the BB10 documentation online that is what they did all right - the entire file system is encrypted to XTS-AES-256 and the crypto kernel on the phone is certified to FIPS 140-2. So no issue here.
    02-10-13 02:09 PM
    Ups delivered my Z10 yesterday and I love it. Unfortunately I will be sending it back on Monday for the following reasons.

- blackberry bridge on the playbook/ Z10 has nothing but notes. I drive a service vehicle and use my playbook to view my calendar and emails. I book appointments on the playbook calendar as I am making calls. What happened to blackberry bridge?

- I had one email address rogers.blackberry.net setup with with message notifications. I would know when I have rush service work because my phone would only notify for that email address. I have 3 email accounts for low priority companies that are jobs to be completed within 5 days. I would prefer to have granular control over notifications for separate email accounts(like I currently have)

Like I said the phone is awesome. I have been on numerous blackberry devices since 2007. I will have to wait it out with my oldBB until some of these items are fixed.

This is blackberry, there are many like it but this one is mine. My BlackBerry is my best friend. It is my life....i must master it as I master my life.......

By the way Amazing job on the CB10 app, one of the best apps I saw.
    02-10-13 02:35 PM
    Ups delivered my Z10 yesterday and I love it. Unfortunately I will be sending it back on Monday for the following reasons.

- blackberry bridge on the playbook/ Z10 has nothing but notes. I drive a service vehicle and use my playbook to view my calendar and emails. I book appointments on the playbook calendar as I am making calls. What happened to blackberry bridge?

- I had one email address rogers.blackberry.net setup with with message notifications. I would know when I have rush service work because my phone would only notify for that email address. I have 3 email accounts for low priority companies that are jobs to be completed within 5 days. I would prefer to have granular control over notifications for separate email accounts(like I currently have)

Like I said the phone is awesome. I have been on numerous blackberry devices since 2007. I will have to wait it out with my oldBB until some of these items are fixed.

This is blackberry, there are many like it but this one is mine. My BlackBerry is my best friend. It is my life....i must master it as I master my life.......

By the way Amazing job on the CB10 app, one of the best apps I saw.
    Congratulations on getting a BlackBerry Z10!

No need to return your BlackBerry 10 device just for those two reasons.

1. Integrate your calendar and contacts on both your BlackBerry PlayBook and your BlackBerry 10 device using a free cloud solution such as Gmail, Windows Live or Outlook .com. You no longer need to run Bluetooth on nigh devices, depleting valuable battery life. Also, now you can manage both your calendar and contacts on any PC, Mac and many other devices. Boom!

2. Use a push based email account (the free services above will do this but there are other choices as well) fir your "priority" account. It will give you what you asked for. You can even forward your old Rogers address for free for one year to smooth your transition. (Please see the CrackBerry front page or search the forums for details.)

02-11-13 05:34 PM
    I don't think returning ANY phone that doesn't meet or need your expectations can be a mistake. What might be "little nitpicks" to one, could be deal breakers to another, and there is no point in suffering along with a device while you still have a chance at returning it. Once updates come out that address some of the issues, then is the perfect time to give it another whirl and see if things have changed.
    Def a mistake
    02-11-13 05:39 PM
    Ah man you made a mistake, I got mine today and I'm loving it, patience is all you needed my friend.

02-11-13 06:48 PM
    What I'm saying here is that right now, the BlackBerry teams are ALL OVER CB watching all the feedback here. They want the feedback. They're being extremely responsive to taking it all in. So keep it coming, good or bad. I'm guessing we'll see a fairly quick maintenance release to address any bug bugs... and hopefully a 10.1 will address any bigger feature things.

Overall Z10 has been awesome experience so far.
    Ok, Team BlackBerry, since Kevin said you wanted feedback, I'll put in my two cents worth: my one and only BB is a 9700 which I absolutely love. I'm in the US, so I don't have the Z10. But, I've been watching all the demos multiple times, and my 9700 is starting to feel awkward without the peek and flow. Needless-to-say, I'll be moving to BB10. However, I did move to a Galaxy S2 for a few months. Loved it at first, but gradually grew to hate it because it lacked all the things that made life good with the 9700: easy sync via desktop of calendar and contacts, bedside mode, the notification light, the excellent battery life, the easy typing experience, the profile customization; it seemed like a step backward to a less sophisticated OS. So yes, people moving from Android aren't going to know any better, but we BB users sure will, and do! Thanks for listening, and I can hardly wait to see how BB10 matures!
    02-11-13 09:01 PM

BIS uses a key common to every blackberry in the world. It shouldn't be considered encrypted and blackberry advises that it be considered scrambled rather than encrypted.
    b320 likes this.
    02-13-13 10:56 AM
    What phone r u using now then?
    I think he wrote in op 9900.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    02-22-13 05:35 AM
    Anyone else find it odd that often posts that say "I've been a BlackBerry user for ____ years, I bought the Z10 and I returned it" are regularly made by people with no posting history ...
    Goes without saying
    02-22-13 07:56 AM
    Well thks for stopping by to let us all know you returned the Z10.
    02-22-13 08:25 AM
190 ... 678