I'd be lying if I said that sometimes it doesn't cross my cranium to sell my beloved Z10, being that I switch often between it and a behemoth android phone. When I have those days that I prefer the android phone, I consider posting the Z10 up for sale...and then I go to hold it. And everything I love about it comes rushing back. It's the perfect size, has a flawless screen and quite literally does get better with every update. It's probably the only OS that can rightfully claim that. This phone may very well be, depending on how things turn out, BlackBerry's Swan song. There are things that draw me to the Z30; what with the larger display and better speakers (which are actually essential given that I lost a lot of hearing in Iraq) but I feel like I'd still keep coming back to the beautiful Z10. It's everything the iPhone should have been and is more fluid and secure than android could ever hope to be. From the OS to the speakers to the camera, it just works. And there's something very comfortable about that. It needs a hardware update but in its direct lineage. Same size, and I could even do with the same general chassis, but a higher resolution screen, a bigger battery, and front firing speakers would make this thing killer. Slap on the typical nowadays mid-range phone pricing of 199.99 to 299.99 USD and you'd have yourself an unstoppable BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    bh7171, assk, tHe.iR1sH and 4 others like this.
    08-15-15 09:53 PM
    Agree 100 percent.

Z10 on 10.3.2
    08-16-15 01:59 AM
    I also had those days. But I always come back to blackberry when using a android again.

But in November it is time to get a new phone with my contract, and if the 'slider' isn't released by then, there is no rightful update for the z10. And sadly no more blackberry for me after years.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 04:18 AM
    I don't do contracts anymore, but can't you just continue with your existing phone with your cell phone provider at a much lower cost once the contract is up and the phone is paid off and wait until something comes on to the market.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 08:59 AM
    Sadly my z10 is 2 years old now and starting to give minor issues. Also there is no improvement within the bbworld. So I want to update my z10 to something new, if blackberry brings out a new version of the z10/z30 I'm in.

Posted via CB10
    BoldPreza likes this.
    08-16-15 09:31 AM
    My z10 is an year old and it's stl 100-1 model.
    Got too many problems and am still facing with battery issues. Considering selling it but there is no good BlackBerry phone for my need.
    It is really irritating and if BlackBerry doesn't release any upgrade to the z10 than I would going to android.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 10:14 AM
    Agreed. The Z10 is awesomely fabulous. Just about everything on it can be upgraded BUT the battery, I'm afraid. To do it correctly it must be bulged thicker to provide space for the bigger juice, and that would ruin the form factor. Try upgrading the battery with Mugen Power Extended 3800mAh Battery for Blackberry Z10 (available on amazon), and you'll see what I mean.
    08-16-15 10:27 AM
    Got too many problems and am still facing with battery issues. Considering selling it but there is no good BlackBerry phone for my need.
    It is really irritating and if BlackBerry doesn't release any upgrade to the z10 than I would going to android.

Posted via CB10
    The 100-1 model for Z10 is pretty much known to be notoriously bad with battery calibration. Mine is the STL100-4 and I don't have battery problem at all. Combined with the charger bundle method, there's no such thing as short battery life. Try it.
    08-16-15 10:30 AM

Posted via CB10
    Z30 is the upgrade and don't go around thinking stl100-1 is the norm lol.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    WanShark69 likes this.
    08-16-15 10:50 AM
    The z30 is also a old device, which could use a own update. Of course you could replace the stl1 with a stl2/3 z10's or a z30 which are better, but still you can't call it a update for the z10 in the year 2015 (almost 2016).

Also in my country the z10 and z30 aren't available anymore and also those devices aren't available on shop blackberry. So the z30 is actually discontinued if you asked me.

With a stl1 you actually been double f*ked because a device with serious problems because of incompatible hardware and software shouldn't have been released in the first place by a company that takes there customers serious .

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 12:39 AM
    I have had STL-1 since the launch. Even with all the usual STL-1 problems, I am still hanging onto it.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 02:25 AM