Before, my phone can last me more than 24 hours but since a couple of weeks ago, it has been terrible. I barely get 5 hours use before it dies down (usage never changed). I'm not sure what is causing it is there anyway to find out?

I think it started ever since I got an official update to. 2312 and/or after I updated my whatsapp to the latest version. I've also downloaded a few other apps but I hardly use them, if ever.

Can someone tell me how to check? Or is this a known issue?

Thanks in advance!!

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 12:30 AM
    There is an app in BlackBerry World called Task Manager by amitghosh that shows some of the app processes that run in the background and gives you the option to kill the process...but you will find that some of them will just reload so you maybe better off deleting the app.

I wish there were more apps to monitor what is running.

-aBBuser
    07-12-13 02:07 AM
    1.- What's your OS version and Radio version?
    2.- Do you have any Android sideloaded apps? If so, which apps?
    uptownnate likes this.
    07-12-13 02:09 AM
    I shall try task manager first thanks! I haven't really ran any android apps recently I think... but hopefully I can see once I download task manager!

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 02:14 AM
    Since Monday, I'm having the same issues with my battery . Yesterday, my Z10 died when the screen icon indicated the battery was almost full. The battery status in the Settings, just after starting to charge, showed 77%.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 04:56 AM
    I was having the exact same problem! I couldn't go 5 hrs on one charge. So I did a wipe, deleted every side loaded app (I'm dying without Flipboard and my Amazon app right now) I installed the 2354 leak, and voil! Back to the old days. I charge her up at 6 : 00AM, and it gets me all the way to when I get home from work around 5 : 30PM.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 05:08 AM
    I find Skype drains my battery when signed in. Also Google Talk sometimes although I can't be certain. I've one or two dodgy Android ports from BB World that I've suspected of doing the same.

When I just have things like Browser, Calendar, Blaq and Remember open, I've no problems.
    07-12-13 06:06 AM
    The situation seems much better but I'd need to see how the rest of today goes.... after I used task manager to kill off certain apps. What was weird was Skype suddenly appeared on that list when it wasn't opened before...

This is insane compared to the battery life I had before!

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 11:07 PM
    The situation seems much better but I'd need to see how the rest of today goes.... after I used task manager to kill off certain apps. What was weird was Skype suddenly appeared on that list when it wasn't opened before...

This is insane compared to the battery life I had before!

Posted via CB10
    For this reason I keep Skype deleted. On the rare occasion I might use Skype. I'm going to assume I have a good enough data connection at the time to just download the app right before I use it.

-aBBuser
    07-13-13 03:21 AM
    Do you guys think its the z10s fault for the poor battery life when using applications or badly coded apps? Seems like there are far too many apps which cause battery drain for there to be so many badly coded applications..
    07-13-13 03:47 AM
    No I think the ones draining are android ports.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 05:43 AM
    No I think the ones draining are android ports.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed!

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 09:24 AM