Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By cdnynot
  • 1 Post By Spawn12
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Something I haven't been able to find...

So I've been looking for this on youtube and frankly it is nowhere to be found...
    I really like the OS and UI and all that but I would like to see what the display of notifications(for texts and facebook) is like.
    For instance, I know with the iPhone you get part of the message with a picture of the person it's from, etc.
    What is this like on the z10 ?
    Would appreciate a picture or two, thanks
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  

sorry to bump this but could anyone help me with this?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,119 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lgfaver View Post
    So I've been looking for this on youtube and frankly it is nowhere to be found...
    I really like the OS and UI and all that but I would like to see what the display of notifications(for texts and facebook) is like.
    For instance, I know with the iPhone you get part of the message with a picture of the person it's from, etc.
    Did you want of like the hub or in an actually message?

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    486 Global Posts

Hey there,
    Not too sure if this is what you are asking for, but when you get a new Facebook message, swiping from the bottom of the screen you get to the peek into the Hub.

Something I haven't been able to find...-img_00000140.png
    Then if you swipe to the right after the peek you get to see
    Something I haven't been able to find...-img_00000141.png

It's not until you open the blue icon that you get to see their profile picture and what they sent to you.

Is this what you were asking about?

Proudly posted via Z10 on CB10
    Hello IT, Have you tried turning it off and on again?
    Sent via my Blackberry Playbook
    Thanked by:
    lgfaver (03-29-2013) 
    lgfaver likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

sorta... I mean, in other words, it's just like the old OS7 where you'd only know you haa a text or a facebook notification by looking at the icon(that had a red star) but there was no way to know what it said or who it was from until you open the aplication(or the hub or whatever)?
    not what I was expecting. Not sure why they didn't make it more functional.

I wanted to know what it showed on the phone the moment you got a message. basically it's the same as the old OS yes?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,495 Global Posts

No u won't get any sort of notifications when you have a message or email come in. If the phone is locked and the screen is off, and u have a message come in then it will either ring or vibrate depending on your profile settings. The red led will blink for a max of 15 mins I think.

But the phone won't light up and give you, what's called a toast notification. You will have on the lock screen a symbol notifying you what sort of message you received.

Same with if the phone is unlocked but screen is off or on, again u won't get a toast notification but the phone will ring or vibrate and the led will flash.

If you want a pop up notification then hub++ will allow you to do that ie toast notifications.

Hope this helps.

Posted via CB10
    Thanked by:
    lgfaver (03-29-2013) 
    devcellent likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

ok thanks for explaining that.... So what you are saying is thought the phone doesn't have the native feature, there is an app for that called Hub++ ?
    How much is it and could you link me to it?
    Again, thanks for been so thorough
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,495 Global Posts

It's on BlackBerry world, just search for hub++ and I think it's around $2 but I didn't buy it as I'm part of the developers sandbox team so he emails me when there are new updates he wants me to test out.

But I'm in the UK and the app is selling at 2 so not sure how much it would cost u where ever you are in the world.

The apps itself is pretty good but needs to be kept as an active frame otherwise it won't work. Not the devs fault but once the api's to run it in the background then the dev will obviously update the app to take that into account.

Posted via CB10
    Thanked by:
    devcellent (04-22-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

gotta say this is a big letdown and one of the few things I like about iOS. Sucks that bb10 doesn't have it.
    Could anyone show me what the display looks like when you get a phone call?
    thanks in advance!
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by lgfaver View Post
    Here you go:
    and this one too:

Also, you should visit Official BlackBerry Channel - YouTube and click on the "Browse Videos" tab, there are tons of how-to videos for the Z10 (remember to click "load more"). I'm surprised Blackberry didn't put this on link on their manual books... or did they?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

thanks but this isn't what I was looking for... I was wondering if it had something like this(some sort of push notification) that may display on the home screen or whatever...
    ***starts @3:14
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

bump........(to see if anyone knows of any updates on this)
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,827 Global Posts

BB10 is about privacy and security of information. There isn't an option to show the world your text message when you receive one. Hub++ shows a pop up but only AFTER you unlock the screen. If you want a pop up window to occur at whatever time you might be doing something important then use the functionality of Hub++. This isn't iOS. You want something that works like iOS then get an iPhone. BB10 doesn't "suck" because it isn't like iOS. It is like BB10. The sooner you realize this, the sooner you will recognize that if you want something that works like iOS then get something that uses iOS. Here:

Apple - iPhone 5 - Loving it is easy. That

This phone has all the features you're looking for.
    HTC Droid Incredible --> Apple iPhone 4s --> Nokia Lumia 920 --> BlackBerry Z10 --> HTC One --> iPhone 5

If I don't respond to you, it probably means that I am tired of the thread. Please PM me if you need to ask me something, vent, whine, respond to a post, ect.
    Thanked by:
    devcellent (04-22-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

yeah i was going to say the same thing.

this is more about privacy and such. I wouldnt want people to know who emailed or text me by it popping up on the screen as iOS does.

ive actually had a few people activating iOS devices and ask me how to turn off that feature as they dont want people to see who or what the messages are about when they get it
    Phone: current - HTC One past - Z10, SGS3, SGS2, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, BB9000, iPhone 3G, BB Curve, BB Pearl, iPhone 2, iPhone 1, Sony P990, Sony P900, Sony Ericsson T68i, Nokia 8890, various Nokias
    Tablet: Playbook Wifi
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  

lol first off,calm down kid.
    Now, We're all just trying to discuss and improve(if we can) our experience with both the software BB10, as well as the hardware, the devices themselves.

YOU need to realize that. Maybe think a little bit before you post?
    If you can't help then I don't need you posting here(on this thread). For the record, I don't want BB10 to be iOS, how narrow-minded can a person be? However, there are things iOS excels at, which is why Blackberry updated their OS/UI and we now have BB10. Jeez, now go to your corner and don't come back until you feel better. lol
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  

Quote Originally Posted by wasabiGT View Post
    yeah i was going to say the same thing.

this is more about privacy and such. I wouldnt want people to know who emailed or text me by it popping up on the screen as iOS does.

ive actually had a few people activating iOS devices and ask me how to turn off that feature as they dont want people to see who or what the messages are about when they get it
    I get that but then, how about having an option to turn on.off toast notifications? It's as simple as that. Like I said, I may be in the minority regarding this feature but I was just voicing a concern. No need to be rude. Although if you hit me, I can play ball too. Just sayin'
    CrackBerry Abuser

Where in my response was I rude?

I was saying exactly what I have seen with other people who use the phone. And those who use iOS.

Your last sentence was also not needed because now you are just getting defensive about things.

Didnt have an air of being rude in my response at all. Not that I thought anyways. But I get where you are coming from in regards to having the option. Maybe in 10.1 or later.

QUOTE=lgfaver;8340265]I get that but then, how about having an option to turn on.off toast notifications? It's as simple as that. Like I said, I may be in the minority regarding this feature but I was just voicing a concern. No need to be rude. Although if you hit me, I can play ball too. Just sayin'[/QUOTE]
    Phone: current - HTC One past - Z10, SGS3, SGS2, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, BB9000, iPhone 3G, BB Curve, BB Pearl, iPhone 2, iPhone 1, Sony P990, Sony P900, Sony Ericsson T68i, Nokia 8890, various Nokias
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #18  

Quote Originally Posted by wasabiGT View Post
    Where in my response was I rude?

I was saying exactly what I have seen with other people who use the phone. And those who use iOS.

Your last sentence was also not needed because now you are just getting defensive about things.

Didnt have an air of being rude in my response at all. Not that I thought anyways. But I get where you are coming from in regards to having the option. Maybe in 10.1 or later.

QUOTE=lgfaver;8340265]I get that but then, how about having an option to turn on.off toast notifications? It's as simple as that. Like I said, I may be in the minority regarding this feature but I was just voicing a concern. No need to be rude. Although if you hit me, I can play ball too. Just sayin'
    [/QUOTE]

Wasn't aimed at you, but the poster above you. The 2nd post was my response to you. Sorry for the confusion.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Whew!!!! okay sorry let me take my foot out of my mouth and the keyboard

Wasn't aimed at you, but the poster above you. The 2nd post was my response to you. Sorry for the confusion.[/QUOTE]
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #20  

no problem. Back on topic, maybe if there was enough support from users, it'd be something easy to implement through an update. Unfortunately I don't know that it's something a lot of people want. Nevertheless, people who are switching from iOS or Android might miss this key feature. Would like to hear from them. Heck, I want it and I've never used either of those